main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series So is General Grievous truly done for now that the Clone Wars is over?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seltraeh, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Seltraeh

Seltraeh Jedi Knight

Oct 31, 2014
    He's been a persistent threat since his debut back in the early 2000s and I've grown to rather like him...It's a shame that he had to die in ROTS but is there a chance he could make a comeback like Darth Maul? Perhaps in Rebels or the new trilogy somewhere down the line? I hope he doesn't just disappear from the franchise now :(

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Disney might eventually do something with him in, say, the era prior to AOTC. Some era that hasn't been covered yet.

I'm hoping for no more resurrections myself though.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes please no more he is dead but not really.

4. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    Well they could go with the NK Necrosis storyline, but idk.

5. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    The little bit of Grievous' remaining organic bits was destroyed, so I highly doubt he will making a return.

El Jedi Colombiano and CoolyFett like this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

He could appear in a clone wars era movie but after rots no.

7. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    The return of Maul was a great part of the CW series, and a nice addition to the SW universe - but I don't want to see Grievous again. I was glad to see his end in ROTS.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes he is gone for good.

9. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I agree with everyone that he probably shouldn't come back post-ROTS but something in the clone wars era wouldn't be bad , though I do wonder with Disney doing more OT orientated books, comics and other merchandise we might not actually see him for a while.

10. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Clone Grievous for the ST!

General Grieevous.

Joking aside, if any of the spinoff movies / series are set during the Clone Wars era, I don't see why he couldn't show up. He was after all one of the major players of that period.

Or maybe something could explore his backstory.

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    He's been in something or other for the last 12 years. Time for a break.
    We will probably get the other TCW arcs and an appearance by him soon enough.
    Keep him dead at ROTS onwards.

12. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I'd love for a full on origin story.

podjazd, Grievousdude and Seltraeh like this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Yes that would be an interesting book or movie or comic.

14. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Try N-K Necrosis. I know whats his face Weisman from Gargoyles had his own clone wars storyline back in the mid 90's in a alternate or future reality episode, they used a lot of clones and genetics and cybernetics on that show, so its possible in Rebels but I doubt it.

15. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    I think the Darth Maul situation was much different because many felt he was underused and hadn't appeared in any film or show since 1999. People thought he was really awesome and we didn't see enough of him. So it was worth it to stretch credulity to revive him.

At this point with GG, we've seen in him in ROTS and a whole bunch of TCW episodes. He was kind of cool in a way, but I don't think a lot of people out there are clamoring for more Grevious.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  16. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I want to see more Grievous, but only in things pre-RotS. Bringing Grievous back from the dead would be a horrible choice, and wouldn't make much sense at all seeing as how you see his organs get shot and burst into flames. While Maul's return was a little far-fetched, he didn't have his vital organs fried like Grievous did.

Tommytom and podjazd like this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He only lost his lower half and the force works in mysterious ways so I agree.

18. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014

Lucas also wanted to tell an Anakin like story for him as he was personally involved in Maul's return and his storyline.

It is more complicated than that:

http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/10/...ack-to-life-for-star-wars-the-clone-wars.html

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh hell.

But yeah, CW era spinoff or origin story.

20. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Spin off? That would be pretty cool.

21. Ian passman

Ian passman Jedi Master star 2

Mar 16, 2013
    He was a fun character in all his incarnations: The unstoppable killing machine from the original miniseries, the coughing coward from the movie, and the opportunistic bully from the CGI series. But Grievous has had his day. The new era characters will never get a fair shake if Star Wars continues to become dependent on bringing back popular characters from earlier eras.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Seltraeh like this.
  22. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I'd like to see an alien or aliens of the same race as Grievous fighting the Empire or as a pirate type(s), not so much Grievous himself again.

23. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I'd love to see Grievous in anything really. He's been one if my favourite SW characters since I first watched the microseries. He's an interesting character so like a couple of other people have said, a spinoff or origin story film would be great. I don't think it would work reviving him though. It works with Maul because of the force but not with Grievous.

podjazd and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Ya it would so much we could find out.

25. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    worse part of the saga, Grievous took camera time away from Tarkin.