main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series So is General Grievous truly done for now that the Clone Wars is over?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seltraeh, Nov 1, 2014.

1. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    It was a while ago i read it. I think it was that Palpatine wanted Vader to prove himself after the death star got blown up and had someone build several cyborgs to compete against Vader. So they arent recruiting inquisiters because this takes place after A New Hope.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  2. Multimarcomax

Multimarcomax Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2015
    That was pretty cool, but considering what is and isn't cannon, the awesome 2d grievous basically never existed meaning grievous never had a time to shine, if they had finished the clone wars and shown him kidnapping the chancellor then I would of been satisfied. Maul was redeemed when they brought him back, dooku was given many victories as well but grievous never really had a "victory" he always got thrown around and cut up, bringing him back and killing him off in a more satisfying way would be pleasing, perhaps making a last stand or being "granted a warrior's death". Now that most of EU is non cannon, I hope we get a lot more of him since alot of his history is unknown.

3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The Clyo's Cyborg program started immediately after the creation of cyborg Vader on orders of Palpatine for the creation of a possible replacement for Vader - so that was shortly after Vader's fall on Mustafar. I'm not entirely convinced Marvel's comics are on the same level of canon as the cartoon and movies, thats my impression.

Anyway Vader despises the cyborg fake Jedi-like warriors despite being a cyborg himself, this sentiment was first shown by Maul toward's Grievous, despite Maul also being part machine back in SOD.

CIS Droid likes this.
  4. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    He did kill Talzin. That felt like a major victory, especially when coupled with his complete destruction of her nightsister clan.

CIS Droid likes this.
  5. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Are you sure ? As far as I know, Grievous defeated Nahdar Vebb in TCW, and Ahsoka Tano, also stalemated with Kenobi many times.

CIS Droid likes this.
  6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    He killed her(Talzin) from behind, thats even if she was alive as she appeared long dead but able to reform a physical body.

7. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    Talzin might not even be dead. the green mist got away. I garuantee unless TCW was going to do it first, within the next five years talzin will possess somebody in the comics.

8. Multimarcomax

Nov 11, 2015
    But all he literally did was walk to her and impale her, he was absent from almost the entire fight. I want to see the agile grievous that never coughs and never laughs every five minutes. I feel he has so much more potential, he should be introduced into rebels, Vader fails to kill a Jedi master that survived order 66 and Darth sidious has his doubts and sends "a Jedi slayer" to get the job done that the inquisitors and vader couldn't . Vader would then go to the hangar and greet him only to show grievous in new white armor, resembling his 2D incarnation leaving an imperial shuttle then grievous says some awesome one liner to vader and BOOM season 3 finale of rebels.

9. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    What grievous did in the clone wars. Destroyed a lot of fleets with the malevolence. Defeated Ashoka. Killed Nahdar Vebb. Defeated Eath Koth. made his way into Kamino and defeated Obi-wan. Defeated Adi Gallia. Was responsible for and participated in the massacre on the nightsisters. Completely destroyed Obi wans fleet and made Obi wan run away. Took over Hondos base and made Ashoka run away. Dueld Obi-wan and captured him. Fought evenly with darth maul. Used orbital bombardment. Killed mother Talzin. And something in dark disciple. Havent read it yet but ive heard he kills 2 jedi. The old Grievous was that agile because that was the style of the show. And while darth mauls resurrection was amazing i dont want grievous to be alive after Rots.

10. Multimarcomax

Nov 11, 2015
    Cons: He got captured by gungans,he loses limbs in EVERY ENCOUNTER, he lost to ventress,he talks far too much, ahsoka held him off twice, he runs away every time, he gets force pushed by everyone, his droids always step in to keep him from dying. The only thing in the entire show that made me go "WOW GRIEVOUS IS BADASS" is when he kills 5 clones with his feet, which is should of what happened every apperence he made, they should of had Jedi we didn't care about get killed, kinda like how savage was first field tested by killing the Jedi and his apprentice. I never got the sense grievous was a threat, rather a laughing stock.

11. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    He didnt lose limbs in "bound for rescue"a necessary bond"arc troopers"shadow warrior"malevolence trilogy"grievous intrigue"crystal arc". Ventress is pretty darn powerful so thats not really a con. He talks alot because Lucas wants him to speak. No Ashoka ran away twice. He gets force pushed because he cant out run the force. Also, i only remember the droids stepping in in massacre. Thats the only time you thought Grievous is a bad ass? Not when he destroys fleets in the malevolence trilogy, defeats Ashoka with ease in the droid duology, kills Nahdar Vebbm knowing Obi wan wouldnt come alone in Grievous intrigue, takes out his 4 arms to grab obi wan and throw him across the hallway in arc troopers, slicing zombie nightsisters in massacre,gets an exploding fuel barrel in his face and ignores it,spiderwalk to attack ashoka and the youngling, takes out Obi wan with ease in the crystal arc and killing the ones who were supposed to deliver the crystal. Grievous was great though i can agree that he should have had a few more jedi kills which like i said, im pretty sure happend in dark disciple.

12. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Grievous in RotS: droids step in to save his ass both times we see him, kills 1 Jedi in a non canon deleted scene, runs away instead of fighting, gets killed by his own blaster wielded by a guy hanging off a ledge.

SilentGuy66 and CIS Droid like this.
  13. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    Anyone who wants to see more General Grievous stories, check out Kanan #7-12 from Marvel which tells his first adventure with his master Depa Billaba and Grievous duels him in issue 9.

Trebor Sabreon, CIS Droid and podjazd like this.
  14. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    Now i really wanna read the kanan comics.

15. Multimarcomax

Nov 11, 2015
    His droids step in when he fights ventress, obi's second encounter, eeth koth, kit fisto. If they could of shown how powerful grievous really was by letting him beat the crap out of the Jedi then they barley escape with luck then he would be justified, it's kinda like with maul, we barley saw anything cool about him in episode 1 and he was brought into clone wars to be redeemed. But instead every Jedi laughs at grievous and how he is a coward, eeth said it and so did fisto.

16. CT1138

Sep 4, 2013
    And Mace said it outright in RotS, too.

Erkan12 and CIS Droid like this.
  17. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015

I thought you were referring to B1 and B2 battledroids. So its bad that his personal bodyguards build to help him defeat jedi, help him defeat jedi?? Because he has the upper hand in most duels and he would beat them if they did not use the force, he should not be able to outrun the force. Also, he "beat the crap out" of Ashoka, Nahdar vebb, Ad Gallia, and Obi wan in season 6. The thing is that in the show Grievous actually does the things you complain that he doesn't do. Ashoka way back in season 1 barely survived her encounter and Obi-wan also ran away. Mace also calls him a coward in RotS. I guess the micro series is more important than the movies...

18. Multimarcomax

Nov 11, 2015
    Only for grievous the micro series is important, the only reason I complain about grievous was that I was let down with his duels, he was significantly weaker than the 2d version. Ahsoka was a gifted padawan but, he should of thrown her around, we never see him kill a Jedi except for nahdar, even then he cheats and shoots him. They should of at the very least made undeveloped characters for grievous to kill off to show he is a monster. If ahsoka was able to hold off grievous TWICE then he is too weak. In the comics grievous fights and defeats ventress and durge. In the 2D, he was TALLER (roughly 10 ft), quicker, a better tactician, he was a silent killer and he fought nobly, he never once pulled a gun on anyone or called his droids to save his life. When mace arrived he expected a dual but mace cheap shotted him and crushed his chest.

19. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    Because he is. I believe you didn't follow Mace's statement in Episode III.

''General Grievous will run and hide like he always does. He is a coward.''

CIS Droid and Dinos4Ever like this.
  20. Multimarcomax

Nov 11, 2015
    He was never meant to be, until George stepped in and nerfed him in ROTS and TCW.

podjazd likes this.
  21. CT1138

Sep 4, 2013
    When you own the product, your decision is final. I thought we learned that lesson with all the times Lucas messed with the OT.

Erkan12 and CIS Droid like this.
  22. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    Not as important as the movie. Rewatch the first Ashoka duel, he throws her against a wall in seconds leaving her unconscious for a brief period of time, after she recovers she runs away the entire duel. In the second duel Grievous also throws Ashoka away. How do you know he was a better tactician when he never shows it? He only fights jedi and trains with Dooku. Grievous in tow only calls in his droids if his opponents use the force, he can't beat the force. Btw, if Grievous cheats in TCW when he uses his third arm then 2d Grievous cheat when he kills the two jedi accompanying Palpatine. And while its true he only kills one jedi on screen he defeats more than one. Also

you can't be serious...

23. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I definitely don't want to see him return in the OT era but maybe exploring his creation in a TV show-format and maybe when he was first revealed to the Jedi (as the old Clone Wars show doesn't seem to be considered canon anymore) would be interesting.

If TCW wasn't cancelled, then we would've got to have seen more of him and maybe even a redone version of him kidnapping the Chancellor.

24. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    More like Microseries animation producers don't know what they were messing with, Lucas' fault that he should've told them about Grievous' real nature. Either way, doesn't matter anymore since it's non-canon.

CIS Droid likes this.
  25. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    What you need is a film of Labrynth of Evil. As well as a great storyline on the Jedi and the war, Grievous would be well demonstrated.

CIS Droid and podjazd like this.