main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series So is General Grievous truly done for now that the Clone Wars is over?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seltraeh, Nov 1, 2014.

1. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Screw the Filoni/Lucas watered-down grevious.

Filoni was intentionally trying to slap Tartokovsky fans in the face with that version of Grevious, which was even weaker than Lucas's version. He is also known to intentionally make Obi-Wan and jedi look bad.

I've said it before and i'll say it again Filoni only cares for Plo Koon, Ahsoka, and the clones.

podjazd likes this.
  2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    In my opinion, I think he's too attached to the Clones, he had Echo alive, he should've let Gregor remain dead or ambiguous and used Echo. But Wolffe and Gregor should've been killed off in Rebels and not given their own AT-AT, it would've importantly made Rex being in the Ghost crew more meaningful and impactful.

I would be all for Grievous-like battle droids or Jedi brains implanted in a Grievous-like body used by Vader to kill other Jedi.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think Grevious was portrayed the way he should have been in TCW. If you wanted Grevious to be some fearless badass then go watch ROTS again.

Erkan12 and CIS Droid like this.
  4. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    He's not wrong for wanting him the way he was portrayed in the micros-series and DH comics. ROTS' version was bad, I think Filoni tried fusing the micro-series version in to some extent as Grievous managed to survive countless encounters with Jedi and Sith.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and podjazd like this.
  5. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

I agree, I don't want them to do crazy resurrections. Like... Maul got his two legs cut of and fell into an very long hole, probably into space? (We don't even know how he ended up on the planet we see him on in TCW, theres just no way he'd get back up that hole or find his way to a ship for example). He should not even be alive.

However I did want to see more content of him, and that could have been done in other ways than resurrecting him, I'd say they should rather show him from when he was actually alive. Same with Grievous.

13977 likes this.
  6. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015

Im pretty sure there was a comic showing how he survived but i can't find it. About Grievous i like all three versions. Micro series, RotS and The Clone Wars. The version i like the least is the micro series version though i still like it. Im glad he wasn't like Durge in the micro series and even though Micro Grievous is mostly a "silent badass character", a type of character that I'm tired of, I'm glad they did something with him in the micro series. Even though i still vastly prefer TCW/RotS Grievous.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That would be The Sith Hunters:

8. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I think his character was rather pointless. TCW completely ruined it and, to be honest, I never really understood his inclusion in RoTS.

9. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015

Thanks.

One question, does anyone think Ventress was a bad villain in The Clone Wars?

10. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

Not canon though. And I was pointing to a TV format of it.

11. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015

That would be correct. We need something thats canon showing how he survived.

12. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Its hinted at that it that story could be basically canon:

"Rumor has it that his top half fell down a reactor shaft into a trash container, which was then shipped to Lotho Minor."

- "Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need To Know"

Commander Wolffe and CIS Droid like this.
  13. Multimarcomax

Multimarcomax Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2015
    Perhaps it would be best for him not to return in rebels, maybe in the early years of the empire, he could of been used to help hunt down Jedi. Or some cloud memory of kinds that gives a droid his memories and such making him basically grievous. Screw Dave's general grievous, never once did I watch a grievous duel and not expect him to lose. Why grievous was better and cooler in every way comparer to tcw one.

2D:
    11 feet tall
    Faster than the force
    Talks only when needed
    Awesome voice
    Can handle 3 Jedi at a time
    Fought against ventress and durge
    Killed 4 Jedi on hypori and wounded 2
    Survived dozens of bombs
    Killed dozens of clones at once
    Used his feet to crush heads
    Used his feet to dual
    Always uses two arms only uses four
    When needed
    Got cheapshotted by mace
    Didn't choose upgrades

3D:
    Forced pushed at least once every dual
    Used feet to throw occasionally
    Lost to ventress
    Lost to kit fisto
    Almost kills obi wan every time (plot armor)
    Loses to ahsoka once
    Loses to gungans
    Can deflect blaster shots
    Gets limbs cut off every other fight
    Always laughs way too much
    Willingly chose upgrades
    Only kills one Jedi onscreen (cheated)
    Always displays four arms
    Spiderwalk

14. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015

Bolded part. How is this a good thing? This is one of the things i hated about micro series that he was faster than the force. The force should be a weakness. "Talks only when needed" Yes because villains that barely speak are always so interesting. When i was younger i liked that some villains barely speak on screen but nowadays i hate it. Thats why i vastly prefer Jango feet over Boba Fett. Also, awesome voice? How is TCW`s Grievous voice not awesome? "Killed 4 Jedi on hypori and wounded 2" Actually he killed 3 and wounded 3. "Killed dozens of clones at once Used his feet to crush heads" and TCW Grievous didn't? Well, it was mandalorians but still. Grievous never had a problem killing clones
    [​IMG]

"Used his feet to dual" did anyone think this was cool? Because i never liked that he used his feet in a lightsaber dual. "Got cheapshotted by mace" because Mace feels like the only one (except the two jedi protecting Palpatine) smart enough to use the force.

3d.
    "Forced pushed at least once every dual",Not in the Ventress duel or the Obi Wan duel in season 5 or the obi wan duel in search for the crystal arc. Im pretty sure not in the Nahdar Vebb or Kit Firto duel. And Neither in the first Ashoka duel or in "the deserter" from season 2.
    "Used feet to throw occasionally" Is this a bad thing? Or are you talking about things you like and dislike about Grievous?
    "Lost to ventress" On Dathomir, a planet strong with the force. And Ventress got powerful over the seasons, especially if Palpatine wants her killed.
    "lost to Kit Fisto" A jedi master on the high council, he's supposed to be powerful.
    "Loses to ahsoka once". How does he lose to Ashoka? How? Please tell me.
    "Gets limbs cut off every other fight" In my other reply i mentioned plenty of duels where this didn't happen.
    "Only kills one Jedi onscreen (cheated)" Are the jedi Grievous kills on couruscant also considered cheat-kills?
    "Always displays four arms" While he does use 4 arms a lot, he definitely use two arms on several occasions,"
    "Spiderwalk" Is this a bad thing? Spiderwalk is great.

Also, about Grievous appearing in Rebels.
    In the new comic series Darth Vader we find out that Darth Vader hates cyborgs, this comic series is in new canon so this can't happen in Rebels.

15. 13977

13977 Jedi Master

Jan 18, 2008
    I hope so.
    As much as I love both Grievous and Maul I don't want to see them in any post TCW events.

podjazd and CIS Droid like this.
  16. Multimarcomax

Nov 11, 2015
    It wasn't a list of bad or good things, just nit picks of what I hated and admired from both series's, don't get me wrong, he was kinda picking up towards the end. Grievous only killed 6 clones on 2 ocassions, once in season one then another in eeaon 5. The reason I preferred the quiet grievous is because he actually sounds like an intelligent strategist. They should of shown less of him in the clone wars, he should of made cameos which would of made his appearances more appreciated. Force crush is considered a violent force power, along with choking. If you go to the 2d grievous vs Jedi on YouTube, many people appreciated him there, they loved him being fast, quiet, fighting with his feet and overall agile. In the show if he talked less in fights and didn't shout randomly then I could actually take him seriously, in ep3 why would they send obi wan if he was the one who got his ass kicked everytime they fought, only once does obi wan cut a limb off, he only escapes with luck (ironic). Grievous was legitimately weaker in the 3d.

17. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    And micro Grievous only killed clones on one occassion,in palpatines office at the battle of coruscant and we didnt even get to see all of it. Why would i care that youtube commenters prefer the older Grievius? The reason Obi wan got chosen is probably because while both Grievous and Obi wan defeats eachother several times Obi wan knows Grievous fighting style. Its a shame that villains are only good if they kill jedi. If they cant kill more than one jedi on screen they are apparently weak villains. Even though most of his fights end on a tie.

18. Multimarcomax

Nov 11, 2015
    He's not what we were expecting since the 2D grievous was still canon when the 3D came out, we expected the 3D to be just as badass, say what you want but 3D grievous was a letdown. A villian gets the title villian for doing bad things, a tie isn't a win, but it also isn't a loss. The 3D grievous was dumbed down, we never see him as a Jedi killer, master strategist, noble warrior or skilled fighter. He is extremely slow, clumsy and always gets his ass handed to him. Grievous kills clones on hypori and coruscant. Even if the jedi were tired he still faced two council members, he still could outrun the force most times and never ran away unless he was extremely outnumberd. He stalemated mace windu, who was considered one if the best swordsmen in all if the Jedi order. Mace was on par with palpatine, which ultimately means grievous would have a good chance of winning in a strictly saber only dual. But no, he's a joke, hardly a villian. I love grievous either way but he defiantly needs some form of redeeming especially after he lost to ventress and gungans.

19. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    Grievous never fought Mace and it was hardly a stalemate. Mace appears and destroys Grievous chest in seconds. The reason Grievous lost to the gungans is the same reason his cape stuck in that train in the microseries, he got overconfident. And like i said before ventress was on Dathomir, a planet strong with the force. Grievoys outrunning the force is dumb. You are saying Grievous is more powerful than the force? Grievous also showed that he doesnt always get his ass handed to him, you are generalising the character. Im writing this all on a phone so sorry for any grammatical mistakes.

20. Multimarcomax

Nov 11, 2015
    Same, but in labyrinth of evil grievous fights and stalemates windu on a train. Grievous outrunning the force doesn't mean he's invincible, it just means his cybernetics are advanced. And ventress only got a lucky shot on grievous, she only won because grievous couldn't power through getting a limb cut off like he did in Rots.

21. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    he kinda died.

CIS Droid likes this.
  22. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015

But heres where I'm confused, how can the micro series and labyrinth of evil both have a canon Battle of Coruscant if they are different? And I'm glad we both agree that Ventress only got a lucky shot on Grievous.

23. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    My best guess is that from this point on, he'll just be there to make appearances every now and then in the clone wars era. Sort of like what he's doing right now in the Kanan comics.

I would love to see an origin story whether it be told in a comic or novel, but at the moment, with Disney clearly focusing on the Original trilogy era, it'll probably take a while.

podjazd and CIS Droid like this.
  24. Multimarcomax

Nov 11, 2015
    It's basically more canon than the micro series since it overlaps the original kidanapping, kinda pike a reboot.

CIS Droid likes this.
  25. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    Thats a good explanation.