main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So is "Robotech: Battlecry" actually gonna come out on time?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Drew_Atreides, Sep 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    tenorjedi , That is so cool that you are a Battletech fan, I was beginning to think that I was one of the few left!!

How do you feel about WizKids getting the license?

Mechwarrior is Heroclix mode?? Is there a future for the license outside of videogames?

2. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ....well, this game is darned addictive..

The more you play it, the more fun it is...

Although there are moments when the thing is just TOOOO difficult.. Harkening back to the days of the original "X-Wing" for the PC (probably the toughest game i've ever played)..

It IS nice, though, to actually be somewhat challenged by a game, again....

3. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I really like it. There are problems though, like the artificial cieling. Oops, when too high in fighter mode, auto switch to Battloid. It kind of stinks when that happens (although it's a good way to quick turn around). But all was forgiven when I unlocked Skull Leader paint set. Ahhh.

4. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Wow, after reading all the reviews after mine, I feel like a jackass for what I put in mine. :eek:

5. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Side note: they have Robotech Kubrics now, you get two to a set, pilot and Veritech. They're pretty cool.

And, I hate the mission where you have to protect Hiro. I won't give anything away to people that haven't made it most of the way through Chapter Four, but those who have... you probably know why I hate it.

6. Dire_Wolf

Dire_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    RT is making a come back. New novels and card games are coming out. Plus I would say its likely that more video games will follow this one. And there putting the DVDs out in perfect sets again.

Long live retro 70s

7. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    RT is making a come back. New novels and card games are coming out. Plus I would say its likely that more video games will follow this one. And there putting the DVDs out in perfect sets again.

**Cues elitist music**

If any of you want to see the original vision of the creators (Shoji Kawamori, Haruhiko Mikimoto, Noboru Ishiguro), then get yourselves a copy of the SDF Macross boxset, by AnimEigo. You will not be disappointed in seeing the original series that HG butchered to make the first leg of RT.

Long live retro 70s

Actually, Macross was made in '82, and RT was put out in '85. :D

8. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ...well, i've beaten the game and earned every medal except for the one where you're required to snipe 50 Male Power Armors (Yeah right!)...

In the end, i ended up loving this game.. You CANNOT stop playing it, despite it's couple of flaws...

I'd say the toughest missions were the one where you had to protect Hiro and......

The most vile mission in the game...

I actually had to tune the difficulty down to beat it..

I must've tried it 2000 times.....

"Cat Scan"...

Geeze, is that mission insane. Once you beat that thing, the rest of the game is a BREEZE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.