main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO So is The Force Unleashed no longer canon?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Seltraeh, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Don't forget Palpatine and Vader's roles in that as well. The Corellian treaty of the Han Solo trilogy where the people all rise up to rebel against the Empire is much better imo. I hate that everything is so Force related now. The common people might not strike the final blow but without them, the ball didn't start.

2. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    The Rogue Squadron movie should shift the focus away from the Force I'd think.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  3. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    He's still a boy at this time & living on Kashyyyk.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  4. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    No, the Force Unleashed was set around 4BBY if I recall. The scene of Kashyyykk was around 18BBY. So Marek could be around.

5. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    But still a baby at this time.

6. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    No, like I said, He' be about 18, which is pretty close to how he was in the game.

7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, he is 18. Could still be around, but I doubt he'll be in Rebels now. Ezra is the OP protagonist.

8. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    I love The Force Unleashed. Great story and fun for leisure. I say video games should be left as non-canon and people who play it can choose whether it's their personal canon or not

9. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016

Wow, why did you dig up this thread when there is already a recent TFU thread just at the bottom of the first page?

10. Herugrim

Herugrim Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2017
    Was a fan of these games back in the day. Mostly they were fun to play and it was interesting to see some more backstory setting up OT. It was redundant but I heard the second game was rushed and the first started as a completely different project (Darth Maul SP game) before being retooled so that is probably why they wound up recycling so much. The engine from the second game was boss, though. So much better. A shame it was so short but some really awesome sequences like the extended battle against the gunship or crashing the ship into the cloning facility.

I also don't think Starkiller was OP at all. For starters both Vader and Palpatine get are portrayed significantly stronger than their original depictions. Even films like Rogue One and Revenge of the Sith, not to mention Vader in Rebels and the comics. Starkiller actually lost to Palpatine (palpy was doing his fake losing to convert Jedi that he used on Luke and Anakin, it's been established he does this, and he does kill Starkiller in the end). Even Vader was holding back (try to the bad ending, Vader is significantly more challenging in the second round, meaning he was holding back). He also wasn't the first force user to pull a star destroyer out of the sky. It's still a good origin story for the rebellion (which is already founded in rebels, just working low key with different localized cells),not as long as you ignore dates (FU I and II occur at the same time as rebels).

The second game is where the story gets foggy because it builds up to a sequel that never happened. Still if you go with the dark side ending in which everyone dies, and assume Vaders new assassin fails, it does still fit. Actually might explain why the Rebels are unorganized splinter cells at the start of Rebels, because their main fleet was torn up on Camino and Vader is hunting the remains.

I really regret that Clone Wars and Rebels haven't drawn from these games. It would've been nice to see a young Rahm Kota and his private military in action, or how Galen' s parents fell in love and left the order. They could have rapped the loose ends from the second game in Rebels. But now it seems we will be lucky if we get closure for Ahsoka.

11. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Rahm Kota is more or less Kanan.

12. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Except Rebels is actually good.

13. NetherPacific

NetherPacific Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2017
    Strong am I with the EU when gone I am the last of the canon will you be. But in all seriousness I liked this game and want it to be canon again (I still count it canon), or make a 3rd game at the very least. I want to know what happens next, I always had ideas but never got it answered. May the force be with you. :bluesaber:

14. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    NetherPacfic- I am with you. I still count both games as canon and they are good. You know, the biggest thing about this canon, is that it makes me appreciative of the stuff that came out before.

15. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I think they're fun games.

They throw giant wrenches into whatever canon they're a part of though.

16. Rainbow Serpent

Rainbow Serpent Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 2018
    my brother has force unleashed 1 and 2 on the wii so i have only played the bad version but the game was sorta meh . and dave filloni wanted to make galen marak one of those fodder inquisitor which would make him really weak and pathetic and im not sure if im ok with that. and i am guessing there would be a fight between him and ashoka he would probably have ashoka win because thats how dave is and i hate his work for that reason. and yes its not cannon and is in legends

17. Mizore

Mizore Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 5, 2013
    I do not care about the theme of the canon, but I think The Force Unleashed was a decent introduction of Star Wars in the hack and slash, but I prefer the Jedi Knight games especially for the lightsaber combat. And I do not agree that Starkiller is overpowered, because the feat of the Imperial Destroyer was not that great, since he was being helped by gravity. And if we put ourselves in that Starkiller is a Mary Sue, then Luke Skywalker also is it, because without Jedi training he could survive a combat against Vader. The Force has never been about training, but about instinct, and it is not crazy that in some moments appear especially gifted individuals like Starkiller. And Starkiller is charismatic, which is what matters to me. Also, it is a game, I could say that the Jedi in the movies are underpowered due to special effects limitations.

18. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Vader was trying to capture Luke alive. He was toying with him. He was also an old invalid.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    TFU was a guilty pleasure. A really silly Devil May Cry/God of War clone with a few good moments. TFU II was just embarrassing.