main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So, I've just moved out...

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Happy Ninja, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    ...Well, not really.

My Grandparents are going down to my Uncles house in Brighton for about 5 weeks while his girlfriend goes into hospital for an operation, to help out with the house, and help take care of her 5 year old son, so they asked me if I wanted to housesit for them until they come back in mid-April (possibly longer).

I've been on my own for about 2 hours now, and I can't but help think, "Damn, it is quiet! At the moment I'm unemployed, so I have a lot of spare time on my hands.

Thankfully, I've got broadband internet, cable TV with the Supreme package (so I've got some 100-odd channels to pick from), and free reign of the place, so I'm sure I can find something to do. I've moved out once before, when I first went to live in America, but I was only on my own for about 3 days until my roommate moved in.

I was just thinking, particularilly from people who have moved out of home, how did you first get on, been completely alone? Did you find it strange at all?

2. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004

Ive been living alone for 5 years now, and I love it. It did take some getting used to, coming from a large family and seemed to be awfully quiet with out my sisters shouting a lot. Lucklily I have always prefered my own company and read alot. Try watching every episode of Buffy back to back, that takes 144 hrs and I started a p/t archaeology degree so that made the evenings after work fly by! Not recommended for the short term tho.

3. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Enjoy the freedom of walking around in your knickers. :)

4. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    I will do, thanks...

5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
  6. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
  7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
  8. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004

Well being a lady, I wasnt going to mention that, but yeah, if you want you can wander round au naturelle. Although using every cup / mug in the house with out some one bitching about clean cups is also good.

9. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    until you have to wash all of them yourself........

10. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    Forget washing them. Throw them out and buy new ones.
    It's not a waste of money either cos you save money NOT buying washing up liquid or using hot water!!!!!!!

11. nathan_sith

nathan_sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2004
    i wait for the day i can afford it!! though that does mean getting another well paid (but soul destroyingly crap) job!

when i end up home myself (i too had a period of unemployment last year) i just exhaust my dvd collection and avoid star wars unless you've got company!

12. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Well, the sad thing about being unemployed, is the fact that I have no money coming in. True, I have saved a little, but not a lot, and pretty soon, it will be all gone. What's worse is, I was planning on going to the US this summer for Episode III and to see my friends, but I'm 99.9% sure that I won't be able to make it because I have no money. I'm also heading to Uni in September, and I have to save up for a car.

What a bugger!!!

Oh, well. Looks like I'm going to have to come down to London to see it with you guys instead! :)

Anyway! Day one is done...I've done a little shopping for food, and stuff, watched some TV...One cool thing about being at home during the day, I can watch Married...With Children on Paramount Comedy 2 at 1:30pm!!! So, I did that, and had a little lunch...Lemon Pepper Chicken Breasts on a bed of Salad, while watching Al Bundy. Then I watched a little bit of SPACED on DVD, and now I'm posting here.

So far, I haven't washed anything up yet, as quite frankly, I haven't had a lot to wash...Just a couple of things, not really enough for a sink-full.

...But at least I'm surviving... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.