main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So I've started an original card game...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by jacemathem, May 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm currently in the process of designing and producing a fan-project. I will be creating, what I like to call, a DCG (Downloadable Card Game). It will center around the Clone Wars, including the comics and the animated series. "Booster Packs" will actually be randomized ZIP files with the images. You would be able to print them off and play with them as you wish.

Well, anyways, tell me what you think of the idea.

Here's 2 promotional cards, a few stages behind where I am now:
    [image=http://apotheosis.tv/files/jacemathem-promo1-generalkenobi.jpg] [image=http://apotheosis.tv/files/jacemathem-promo1-generalgrievous.jpg]

2. Loyal-Guard

Loyal-Guard Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    I think its an awesome idea! even more awesome if it's free. hee hee.

is this your first attempt at desiging a game of any kind?

What kind of game is your SW project going to be? What will it be like compared to the CCG or the TCG?

3. jacemathem

Oct 3, 2003
    Is this your first attempt at desiging a game of any kind?

Yes and no. I have been designing fantasy card images for the existing CCG and TCG games. I've had a few designs for my own original card game based off the movies, but I thought it might be cooler if I just made a Clone Wars specific card game. ;)

I say no because I was just making card images, and not really thinking much of gameplay. I'm not too fluent with the games and the inner workings of the mechanics. The cards I have in my collection are there for aesthetic purposes. :D

What kind of game is your SW project going to be? What will it be like compared to the CCG or the TCG?

Actually, there's bits and pieces I like from both the CCG and the TCG, and even some aspects from Young Jedi CCG. I'd like to make the mechanics a hybrid of the two (or three), but exactly how mixed it will be has yet to be determined. I'm still trying to figure out the mechanics and what type of gameplay will be included.

Here's an image of the first expansion's booster pack, just to wet your appetite. :p
    [image=http://img72.photobucket.com/albums/v218/clonewarsdcg/expansion-season1.jpg]

4. darth_grievous1

darth_grievous1 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2004
    When will these be available for down load?

5. jacemathem

Oct 3, 2003
    No clue yet. After I finish them and prepare them online, we may not do a ZIP file transfer and make the whole thing online on some sort of Apprentice-like patch.

6. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    So when you say there are bits and pieces you like from CCG, TCG and YJ, what are those bits and pieces?

7. jacemathem

Oct 3, 2003
    Some may be just layout styles, others game mechanics, rules, card types. When this game comes out, you'll notice parts from your favorite SW card games. :cool:

8. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002

Those are very cool. :) I love the idea. Hey, if you don't mind, could you PM me when the cards are downloadable? (I don't visit this board much).

:)

KTJ

PS- have you considered doing a set for the NJO?

9. jacemathem

Oct 3, 2003
    PS- have you considered doing a set for the NJO?

Perhaps, though the imagery is quite lacking. If an someone, however, would illustrate for the cards then maybe... [face_mischief]

10. Zenek

Zenek Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2003
    This is a REALLY great idea...What # of cards will there be, and How big of a selection of units will there be?

(You make a Quarren Soldier card, and I'll be hooked!)

Cool! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.