main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So, just how offensive is the name "Redskins"?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by AaylaSecurOWNED, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002

Why? We've had niggers, spics, chinks, and crackers thrown out there? Are we suddenly irritated that fags has hit the boards? Time to call out the mods now? You're accusing people you know nothing about of not being compassionate about minority groups or typecasting us all as middle-class white dudes or telling us what we should think based on the opinions of others . . . and now suddenly it has gotten personal? This is rich.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Things are getting too personal in here. If you cannot address issues without addressing other users in an attacking and accusing way, don't post. That's all. This is the warning. Next offense is a ban for anyone doing so.

now, if you'll excuse me, I have posts to edit.

3. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    That had nothing to do with it Dal.

He was seeing the thread increasingly getting more personal, and he said people needed to calm down on personal attacks. He didn't wait 150 posts, until someone said fags, to make that post.

First of all, the term has already been used throughout the thread. Secondly, you could say **** all day long, and he wouldn't take it personally enough to warn you. He takes things with a grain of salt, like many of us do. However, that doesn't change the fact that racial, ethnic, and sexual slurs aren't hurtful to many of the people that they're aimed at. Even most the ones that say they that they aren't, try and act like it's not hurtful, but feel, at the very least, insulted when slurs are playfully thrown around, let alone used in a hateful manner.

4. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Oh, so ASO can tell me what my family and friends think and this is OK? This is not personal? Yeah, this is shaping up really nicely.

If people are willing to post about something they believe in and are not prepared to hear other opinions, they should shut their pieholes. (This is not directed to anyone specific). If they hear other opinions and think they are wrong and the best they can offer is you should think the other way because that's what a lot of people do, that is crap. (Once again, this is not directed to anyone specfic). If you edit someone's post because you don't like how they phrase their responses and because you happen to disagree, there are words for that also. (Once again, this is not directed to anyone specfic).

Inty edit: Just cleaning up language infractions ...

5. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Where exactly did you see him personally addressing you, solely based off of your posts? Just because he posted a warning directly under your post, doesn't mean he was referring to you and you alone. It takes more than one person to get into a verbal argument, let alone a heated one. It wasn't a warning to you, it was a warning to everyone that has had heated and personal posts at each other.

6. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Since apparently I'm the only getting edited around here except for GR's humor post, I think it goes without saying. I would like to agree with you though seeing as how others can discuss my family and friends and their opinions without any problem or put up baiting questions and comments with no problem. I just figured I'd play too. Gotta find out where that line is as it appears to be ever-moving.

7. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    You have no idea what sort of action has been taken. Inty may well have sent PMs or even banned someone and you would have no clue.

8. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I bet your trigger finger is trembling though. [face_batting]

9. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    Someone is always made out to be the villain in these type of threads and right now Dal has been hit with then "villain" mark and once that happens you can't save yourself no matter what you say.

Haven't any of you realized that race doesn't matter anymore? I never see black people as black people, nor Indians as Indians, or Asians as Asians. I see them as people. Trying to nitpick the differences between races only makes the problem worse. Yes, I see that superficially they have different features than me, but they are still the same as everyone else.

I myself believe that racism is dying and it is a thing of the older generation. Yound kids are usually less racist than middle aged to elder people, because that's the time they grew up in. Racism will die in the next generation because they won't have parents who are racist

10. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Darn, if I was a wrestler I'd be getting paid big money at this point. Wooooo! [face_money_eyes]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.