main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So, Li went to this concert Friday...

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by LianaMara, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    ...down at a club in Orlando. The main act was this punky/emo band called "Everyday Sunday," while the good opening act was a screamo band called "Kids in the Way."

And it was totally awesome.

During Kids in the Way, my amiga Jessica and I started the mosh pit - we banged into a bunch of people until everyone was slamming around. Moshing is so much fun, and even though I'm so small that I fell down everytime a guy slammed into me, people picked me back up and I kept on moshing.

Then, Everyday Sunday took the stage. At one point in the show, the lead singer was throwing shirts out in the crowd, so Jessica kept on screaming "It's her birthday!" (technically, not true, because it'd been almost two weeks before), but he threw me a shirt! :D

During one song, people started crowd surfing, so I asked the guys lifting people to send me across and I traveled all the way across the pit. I almost caught one of the drumsticks the lead singer threw into the crowd, and Jessica was plastered up against the stage for a bit and got to hold the lead singer's hand.

Afterwards, we tracked down all the guys from Kids in the Way, got their autographs, flirted with the Peter Parker-ish drummer, got the lead singer from Everyday Sunday's autograph, bought a CD, then went home.

I have a 3-inch bruise on my back from the mosh pit and my legs have been killing me for the past 3 days, but it was great. :D :p

Now, if I can only get tickets to the Matchbook Romance/Fallout Boy/Taking Back Sunday concert on October 30... [face_devil] ;)

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    holy crap, why do I never hear about these things!!!!????

3. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    That's so awesome! It sounds like you had a blast.

It's been way too long since I've been to a sufficiently rowdy concert like that. You should really try to go to the Oct 30 concert. It sounds like it'll be really good. :)

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Mike and I are working on finding the biketoberfest concert listing. You two should come out.

5. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    When's Biketober fest? I'm sure that was a stupid question, but you will just have to forgive me.

6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    It unofficially starts tonight, but officially starts next Thursday.

Mike and I checked into it and there's no one at the band shell :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.