main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA So long and thanks for all the fish

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, Jul 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Well guys, I'm cashing in my chips and walking away from the table. I tried my best to restart this group and get it running, but it seems my attempt was in vain for it was neither welcome nor appreciated. I tried to be nice, I tried to be patient, but it seems that no matter what I said or did, I could do nothing right.

So, I'm leaving. I'm tired of being treated like a 2nd class citizen in a group that I have been apart of for 2 years. I have made many friends that I plan on keeping and staying in contact with, but it seems that even the original members of this group are no longer welcome. I do not think it is worth my time anymore to try to help this group, as I am met with opposition and rudeness at every small thing I try to do.

It has become an embarrasment to say I am a member of the Inland Empire's fanforce. Whether you guys realize it or not, we are not the only people who read these boards. Many people lurk around here and watch as every single pointless argument unfolds. At first I thought that if I stepped away for a few days, the arguing would stop. But it didn't. It is at a ridiculous stage now. I simply do not want to be apart of this anymore, nor do I want to surround myself with condescending and rude people.

I gave this my best shot: yet instead of helping me try to bring the group up, the group has instead torn everything down and is chasing away people who wish to join. The only advice I leave you is that if you keep this up, the group will continue to head back to what it was before: dead.

[face_peace]
    Ciao

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I'm sorry to hear that you had to make this decision, Miana. But maybe it's for the best. You know you will always be welcome on the SVRF boards and I know the San Diego people want to see you stick around.

For the current IEFF: It's not easy trying to keep a group of people together when there is so much animosity. Work hard and stay together and maybe this group will continue to exist beyond such problems. I am one of the lurkers who was rooting for this group and it is unfortunate that it didn't work while Miana held the reins, she knows what makes a good group.

Best of luck in the future.

3. Squall_Skywalker

Squall_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    Same here. Notice I haven't posting much or been involved with anything. It's rediculous and it's childish, and I wanted nor want nothing to do with it. You snub good people like Miana and it's not right. She did alot to get this started again and all you guys did was ruin it with grade school like behavior. She was working FOR us. She was trying to HELP. Too bad your own ideals prevented you from seeing that, huh?

See ya around.

4. Toughie

Toughie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    I was new, still am. I hit the ground running into this group and then realized I should be running out. Whether I was a part of any problem or whatever.. I'm sorry this group is the way it is, I was SO excited when I found this group, words cannot even explain.. and now it's just sad that I thought this group was an actual group. Good luck to all the good people in this group who have worked hard to keep things together and did everything. And good job for the work that has already been done and the couple of meetings that have already happened.

Miana, don't know you really but good job in your attempt. Maybe I'll come back in a bit and see if things have settled down.

5. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    I also am completly outta here. You guys have taken this place that I used to love and have so much fun on and have ruined it so bad that I cant stand it anymore. You guys have treated us with so much disrespect and loathing that it is so wrong and so childish. You guys need to really grow up and learn what it important. Having control isent what is important, getting along and having friends and having fun is. The IE is already dying in case you havent noticed just like we said it would, and unless you guys get your stuff together it will contuine to die. I like Rachel who put so much of her time and heart into this have been stepped on and squashed so many times that I cant even count them anymore. I used to be proud to call myself part of this club, I used to defend it with a passion, but now I am embarased to say that i am even part of this. I used to get people to join and have fun here, but now i tell them it is not worth it and all it is, is trouble. I have many friends here that this is not about and i would love to still keep in contact with them and have fun with them and plan to do so. But i can not and will not be part of this so called club anymore. I really hope that one day you guys will figure it out. I doubt that you will but i do still believe in miracles sometimes. Have a great life.

6. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I am sorry to hear about all this.

I have failed you.

7. Drgnfyre4

Drgnfyre4 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Who is the "you guys" that you are referring to? Myself and my wife have been also trying very hard to organize events and put things together for this group. I guess it boils down to the fact that no one wants to admit. ALL of you wanted to be "IN CHARGE" not to have a group to have fun in, but to have a title and everyone knows it and wont admit it. So I will have the guts to call it like it is. Except for an innocent few who just recently joined and have no idea whats been happening here, there are several individuals who cant avoid sniping one another and trying to outmanuever one another in a desperate attempt to be named king/queen of the nerds. Sad and pathetic since I am a part of numerous other fan groups of varied genres and they focus more on HAVING a group rather than RUNNING a group. Rachel,sorry to say it, but posting snide remarks and infalmmatory statements on other boards (which have been saved to prove your disloyalty to this group) only shows that you were here to sabotage and make others feel that ONLY your word was law. I may be the only one here to have the guts to say it and will say it to your face but you only want to talk about how close YOU personally are to the Star Wars fandom world, and make sure you position yourself as the one in charge and thats just a joke cause in the end its just a group of people trying to share a common interest. On other costuming and replica boards I am on it DOES come down to who has the most talent and who works the hardest but in a FAN group you cant out fan another person, thats just pathetic and shows a total lack of life and connection with reality. You arent the only one who is this way however and until people in this group get past the overwhelming desire to be class president and want to actually have a group then you are right, it is doomed to die. I however luckily have a life outside of fandom and dont let it dramatically rule my attempts to get together with other star wars fans who just want to be happy and have fun. I hope you find your power some other place cause no oe is buying this foolish poor me sacrificial lamb routine and any of your followers who want to challange my point of view can take it up with me face to face since i find most people here are paper tigers who can only speak up in an email post and not in person like a real grown up.

8. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I see thread become one big flame fest.
    I'm locking it before things get out of hand. PM me if you have a problem with it.

Fan Force is supposed to be about Fans getting together to have fun. If members cannot do that, then the organization cannot exist.

9. jdijade

jdijade Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2005
    My how interesting....just get back from ComicCon and see a few scattered posts here and there about movies we've seen, people going back to school, and how much fun the convention was, and out of the blue this thread pops up.

If this group no longer suits someone's needs, they are certainly free to leave. But either leave without the high school drama of posting a "goodbye, cruel world" bit or cite some articulate, specific examples of why we are so horrible. Because frankly, after a week of nothing but, "gee, the con was fun!" and "So, what did you think of this movie?" this comes off as very random and out of place. None of the "oldtimers" who posted to this thread could come up with anything better than "you're all mean and disrespectful." :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.