main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA So Long Tom Brokaw...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by -Fettish-, Dec 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    Yesterday evening, Tom Brokaw bid farewell to the nation as he signed off for the last time from NBC nightly news. For two decades Mr. Brokaw conveyed the news of the world to viewers across the United States, and in some cases even abroad. I am greatly saddened to see him go. I guess I didn't realize it at the time, but for years I relyed on this man to tell me events and walk me through some of the most unspeakable happenings in history, namely September11th. I always made it a point to watch Tom Brokaw's broadcast above all others, deeming him to be the most reliable newscaster around with his steady, firm voice and solid demeanor. Somehow, when he read the news there always seemed to be hope and light at the end of the tunnel, and there was always the feeling of "this too shall pass" no matter what the horror. Now that he is no longer on TV every evening, I feel as though I have lost a good friend. I dunno, I guess it sounds weird, but that man became a familiar daily face to me that I could depend on. His replacement, Brian Williams, is more than capable of filling Tom's shoes, having stepped in for him regularly over the past ten years. I hope I can come to rely on his reporting in the same way I did Tom Brokaw's steady, calming manner.

Tom Brokaw was a symbol of the times and the face of an era.
    So long Brokaw.....I'll miss ya... ;)

2. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    *wavey to Tom*

3. Dotanis

Dotanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2002
    What? People still report the news?!?!? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.