main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So Mace Windu isn't Dead when he gets pushed out of the window...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darksithlord99, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazy_Old_Kermit

Crazy_Old_Kermit Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    Argh, all this talk reminds me of Alias or anything by J.J. Abrams.

Ok, this forum has to be a "What if?" discussion now.

What if Mace survived the incident in Palps' office?

Hmm, I'm guessing when he was shot out of the office he plummeted to the lower levels of Coruscant. However, he was able to "Force land" in a speeder. The driver of the speeder was none other than a young boy named Dash Rendar. The speeder belongs to Baron Papanoida who was visiting the opera house again. Dash pulls off to a secluded area and helps the Jedi Master gain his strength.

However, Mace is able to leave Coruscant and hook up with Yoda on the Tantive IV. The two talk and Mace decides to take safe haven on Endor. There he lives with the Ewoks. Later, it's revealed in ROTJ that Luke encounters him on his way to see Vader. After Luke has the discussion with Vader at the Imperial site, Mace appears and fights the Sith Lord. Luke however doesn't see this. Vader and Mace fight on the Endor platform, making obscure references to ROTS and other things that fanboys find in novelizations and comics. Oh, by the way the dialogue is very choppy with many grammatical errors. Vader captures Mace and secretly puts him on the Imperial shuttle.

On the second Death Star, Mace is brought prisoner to the Emperor before Luke and Vader arrive. The two fight even more! It's fantastic. Then the Emperor shoots lightning into Mace until the body explodes.

Later, while Luke and Vader are dueling, Mace's head starts biting and dragging itself towards Palps, kind like in "Dead Alive." Anyways, the head starts biting Palps adn the two fight. Severed arms and legs start hopping around and helping Luke fight Vader. However, this scene was cut from the movie.

Actually, it's Mace's arms lifting up Vader's arms to throw the Emperor off the ledge. However, I guess it'll just be a matter of time till we get to see these beautiful scenes.

"Your [Mace] is dead, son. Accept it."

2. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    [face_laugh]

LOL! And, of course, John Carpenter's The Thing...

Lucas also took his inspiration from Fantasia...

Absolutely.
    The clues are all in there.
    If you pause Mace getting electrocuted, you can see that the illuminated skull we see matches exactly with the skull we see inside Vader's helmet as Palpatine's Sith power rains down on him on the second Death Star.

Lucas put that in there to clue us into the fact that it's Mace's arms carrying the burden.

Don't forget the TESB sublot whereby Mace's hand (still clutching saber) is found in a block of ice on Hoth by General Veers.
    From that, Mace is cloned.
    For reasons we need not go into, this clone is "evil", and a power struggle ensues between Vader and Bad Mace, both trying to win Palpatine's favour.

Eventually, Bad Mace and Vader duel it out - but, just as Bad Mace has Vader at his mercy, Boba Fett shoots Bad Mace in the back, destroying him utterly.
    Vader had tricked Bad Mace, and thus cemented his position as Palpatine's right-hand man.

(This explains the "Boba shooting Mace" sketch some people keep refering to - it was actually a TESB concept which was to hit the cutting room floor along with the Wampa attack, the love triangle, and the bacta mask.)

When Bad Mace is killed, "Good Mace" feels faint and shudders on the other side of the galaxy, just like Obi on the Falcon when Alderaan is destroyed.

3. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Wait a minute. Wait just a damn minute. How did Mace?s hand get to be on Hoth?

4. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    *Imitates Carter/Chris Rock from Rush Hour 2* Oh you know he dead! *Imitates Carter/Chris Rock from Rush Hour 2*
    Get over it people! He fell 20 stories down! He's dead; get over it!

5. halfwits-r-us

halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    no no GiG it's Maace not bad mace, don't you know anything about clones?

6. Crazy_Old_Kermit

Oct 18, 2003
    ah good ol Jorus

7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    No way is Mace jumping up out of nowhere yelling, "THAT'S RIGHT, YOU CAN'T KILL ME ****** *******!"

8. MystikalMaceWindu

MystikalMaceWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2005
    SithStarSlayer, your post and those of numerous others only goes to prove my point. And furthermore, I wasn't addressing you or anyone else who continues to insist that everyone view the movie as you do.
    And unsurprisingly, you couldn't even post something without referring to cursing.
    A note to all, writing in caps or using curse words or exclamation points doesn't make your point any stronger... nor does repeating the same mantra-like phrases over and over again.
    And the fact that you responded to my post by repeating the oft-repeated line that Mace is dead, only goes to show that you didn't grasp my point.
    But, no matter, I wasn't writing it for you, I was writing it for people who aren't so rigid in their views.
    And no need to respond to my post because I won't read it. I like to have healthy discussions with individuals, not engage in petty, meaningless tugs-o-war. You and others are like the many people who don't let people change lanes or merge in, even though they are signalling. It's an extension of arrogance, and in doing so, you only hurt the flow of traffic, making the going slow for everyone....

9. DS_Emp_Viper

DS_Emp_Viper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2001
    So basicly what you're telling me is there is really no way to know if a character is dead or not? Hell the emperor shoots lightning from his hands...maybe he can revert to his "lightning form"...or hey we never ACTUALLY see Vader die...I mean he just closes his eyes right? Or how about Yoda? He just VANISHED! Maybe he just pulled a jedi mind trick?

Its not about opinion, its about the absurdity of the arguement...Mace is dead. Face it.

10. Get_in_Gear

Nov 29, 2004
    It's not just that.
    It's the matter of where exactly are we going to see Mace come back from the dead in the SW canon?
    The films are over - finished, done, dusted, finito.
    Replacing a dodgy Yoda puppet in TPM is one thing.
    But resurrecting Mace Windu, creating whole new scenes which would have no narrative importance, for some future DVD release of either trilogy?... well, there is simply no reason to do so.

Lucas has the EU on a much tighter leash than he once did.
    The days when Boba Fett can be burped back out of the Sarlaac are long gone.
    At best, we may see the EU explore Mace's exploits prior to his death a little more or maybe even an entry into the Infinites series.
    But as far as the films and G-Level canon are concerned, Mace is dead following the events of ROTS.

The script Lucas wrote says quite clearly that Mace is dead.
    The burden of presenting proof is with anyone who says otherwise.

11. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    if you think about it, Qui-Gon never died. i mean, they could have Burnt him Alive.:p

12. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    and he come back as Quii-Gon.

13. DocSpencer

DocSpencer Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2005
    Obi Wan fell over 1,000 feet and lived even tough he did a giant bellyflop into the water on Utapau. he was also damaged by a GIANT laser blast.

14. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003

No. I never curse. Ever.

The words that were removed were far from vulgar or profane. As I promised a certain Moderator, I won't bother retorting to another one of your obvious BAITs.

15. DarthScubbles

DarthScubbles Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2004
    I think clearly Mace did not die. Afterall, if he did, then Palpatine only killed him becasue he is racist and keeping a brotha down. [face_thinking]

16. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    ^
    |
    |
    We don't need to go there.

MystikalMaceWindu,

I made the edits above to clean out potentially flaming responses to your baiting. If you continue to attempt to draw people out, then you will be taking a short vacation from the JC.

RoG

17. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Well, there is a HUGE difference between "Splattering on the Concrete" and "Splashing on the Water". Did you see what happened to that lady whose parachute malfunctioned from Arkansas or was it Kentucky? Anyways, she fell from 1000 feet with her chute half open. She fractured her pelvis, broke a femur, shattered her face all while not knowing she was pregnant! My point is she barely survived with half a parachute. Mace didn't have that luxury.

Obi didn't get hit by the laser blast directly. The possibility of surviving a fall into water is 100 times more likely than falling from the same height onto concrete.

18. vadersmyfather

vadersmyfather Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2005
    My point is she barely survived with half a parachute. Mace didn't have that luxury.

I'd agree if Star Wars were like real life....but it isn't.

All the characters make ridiculous leaps throughout the prequel trilogy that they have no right to survive.

But, this doesn't change the fact that this is Mace's death scene, we've known it for the last 2 films, it's discussed to finitum on the dvd in the official books everywhere and frankly it's clutching at straws to try and twist things to say he survived.

19. Crazy_Old_Kermit

Oct 18, 2003
    Sorry to play devil's advocate here, since I believe Mace is dead, but what was the difference between Palps' lightning in ROTS and ROTJ? Why did Luke survive since he was blasted much longer?

I mean, sure Mace had an arm cut off and fell thousands of feet, while Luke was hit with shorter bursts of lightning.

It was the fall that killed Mace right? The lightning just fried him pretty close to it?

20. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I agree vadersmyfather, I was attempting to illustrate the difference between landing on water and on concrete.

21. Get_in_Gear

Nov 29, 2004
    Let's just recap then:

And the case against...?

22. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    And the case against...?

That Lucas may throw in a twist in the TV series ?? :p

23. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Let's go over all the falls and jumps with a fine tooth comb, even though I've done that before.

-Obi-wan is kicked in the face by Maul. He falls eighty feet to the lower level and manages to catch himself. He has both hands and isn't stunned sufficently to prevent him from reacting. Nor is he blasted by Lightning.

-Darth Maul takes a backhand and a fall that's between fifty and sixty feet. Maul quickly gets up after hitting the walkway. Qui-gon jumps down and lands on both feet.

-Maul's Force shove sent Obi-wan flying, but he had the presence of mind to reach out. Again, no blast by Lightning.

-Obi-wan and Anakin both go flying above the streets of Courscant, both catch a speeder. Both had time to control their rate of descent and prepare to catch the speeder.

-Obi-wan had the tattered remains of Jango's cable to use to stop his fall into the ocean.

-Mace consciously jumped into the arena to avoid the Super Battle Droids and Jango's flamethrower.

-Luke went out the window and managed to grab the railing. Though he took a couple of shots to the head and shoulders, he wasn't stunned sufficently enough to prevent him from reaching out. Any harder and he would've been.

-Luke intentionally fell away from Vader to save himself. Granted, he had one hand, but he still had his wits about him. He also landed legs and butt first on the vane. That was more chance than anything.

-Obi-wan survived the blast since on Utapau since the wall and Boga took the brunt of it.

-Mace was not so lucky. He had his hand cut off and then was blasted by Lightning, before being Force shoved hard out of a window. Mace is totally stunned and incapable of saving himself. He fell twenty stories to his death. All of his bones shattered and his internal organs turned to liquid paste, from the impact.

24. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Ahhh the TV series...

My money is on Quinlan Vos.

"Heh Hehh Hehhh..."

25. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    [image=http://www.thestartrekcontinuum.com/images/TOSmccoy2.jpg]
    It's worse than that, he's dead Jim.

Thread Status: