main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So Mace Windu isn't Dead when he gets pushed out of the window...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darksithlord99, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazy_Old_Kermit

Crazy_Old_Kermit Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    Where's the quote of Lucas saying someone from the PT is gonna be in the TV show?

I'd think it would obviously be Boba if that were the case.

2. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    -Luke intentionally fell away from Vader to save himself. Granted, he had one hand, but he still had his wits about him. He also landed legs and butt first on the vane. That was more chance than anything.

Yep, thats the one that makes Maces fall to the death so especially hard to take. Luke was just a novice jedi, while Mace was one of the greatest masters and physically stronger. The fact that Lucas didnt show a "splat" will always make one wonder if he left himself a out for future use.

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Or maybe Lucas thought we're all smart enough to realize that Mace is street pizza. And as I pointed out, Luke wasn't being blasted by Lightning like Mace Windu. If I hit you with two 50,000 volt tazers, before kicking you out a window, you aren't going to have the sense God gave you to do anything constructive, other than to scream like a little girl and wiz in your pants.

4. MystikalMaceWindu

MystikalMaceWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2005
    To Emp Viper, i'm talking about the personal relationship we all have with the movies we love. Sure, arguing that Mace is not dead is one thing, but I'm looking above and beyond that. I'm talking about how if someone wants to believe Mace is alive, that's fine by me. And they don't have to persuade me.
    So, just look beyond that whole "Mace is dead, Mace is not dead" bickering, and know that what I'm talking about is, again, our personal views, our personal relationship with a movie, a book, or a CD.
    We all like different things about Star Wars, we all have favorite characters, things we like, dislike, etc. etc.
    See, how you end your post, you end it like the tons of others, who can't seem to move beyond the petty bickering.
    So, he's dead, that's fine. I'm not even debating that point. I'm talking about perspective. And if someone thinks Mace is alive, so what? Why does it bother you and others so much? This is fiction. It's not like someone's saying, Elvis is still alive, or Tupac is still here.
    I think you and many others take the movies too seriously -- just watch them and enjoy them.

5. MystikalMaceWindu

Feb 18, 2005
    I don't think I was baiting, and if it seemed I was, that was not my intent... but, I'll back off... but I believe others should do the same... for what they've posted up here are worse and more heated than anything I have.

6. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    I'm not sure there has been a bona fide quote from Lucas himself on the subject.
    McCallum has said the following: "We're starting on the Star Wars TV series. We're planning on doing 100 hours set between Episode III and Episode IV. It'll be about all the characters you haven't met yet, or some that you have but only in the novels or comics.

Someone at one of the comic-cons claimed that Amy Allen had been discussing a part in the TV series with Lucas, and everyone jumped to the conclusion that Aayla Secura did not die in ROTS.
    Clearly she does - so if the comic-con conversation did take place and is true, it is more likely that either A) Amy may be involved in the project in another role or B) McCallum has got his wires crossed regarding the timeframe of the series.

Other than that, we are in rumour city with people taking very vague, non-commital quotes from Mark Hamill, Daniel Logan and whoever else is available for no-comment, and claiming they are "in the series".
    2+2=5, of course.

I think McCallum's quote is as close as we have got to any kind of confirmation... unless I've missed a momentous quote from Lucas somewhere along the line.

;)

7. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    [image=http://vegasartscorner.com/images/GeorgeLucas.JPG]
    "The thing I'm working on now, the TV show, is all about that hott blue-skinned Jedi's sister and her life as an exotic dancer in a galaxy without Jedi. See they were her best clients what with the whole "no attachments" thingy."

8. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    MystikalMaceWindu, I understand what you're saying.

I started a thread about something similar to this before Should Mace's death have been left "up in the air"? It wasnt about Mace "not" being dead, it was about the possibilities left open by the "Way" he died.

Mace Windu IS dead, but the way it was done it still left room for different theories to pop up or else THIS thread wouldnt have been started.

Yeah you can say he got blasted with lightning, while missing a hand but after that it's "possible" to say anything could have happened.

It's not like Mace fell from the 6th floor of a building and we looked down and saw his dead body....Mace had a loooooooong fall that we dont see, and we've seen Luke (robotic hand and all) recover from a Sidious lightning blast as soon as Sidious stopped blasting him. Matter of fact, the only person to really struggle after lightning was Anakin, (Yoda seemed to be playing possum)

But Sidious was thrown down into the core of the Death Star, blew up and then was blown up with the death star and he still came back, yeah I know Lucas says that the EU wont be allow to do this or that, but he didnt say anything about what HE HIMSELF might decide to do. (and it seems like Lucas changes his mind every few months so....o_O)

Keep in mind, I'm not saying that he's alive...(IMO Mace Windu is as dead as a doornail) but people keep trying to act like they "personally witnessed" Windu fall and saw his dead body splattered all over the ground.8-}

(This is a sci-fi movie....ANYTHING is possible. Talking Frog men, Old men shooting lightning from their fingers, "laser" swords.... and people act like it's totally out of the ordinary for Lucas to do a flip flop and have Mace survive.o_O Hell, they brought Bobby Ewing back and that wasnt even a sci-fi movie.:p )

But like I said....IMO Mace Windu IS dead for now.

9. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    For this Logic, Capt. Antilles never died in ANH.:eek: sure We heard cracking sounds, but for all we know, he could have just passed out. and we never see Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru die. heck, that could have been two Random people Luke found when he returned to the Homestead. and let's not forget Zev. he could have still been alive after he was shot by the AT-AT. and what about Bail Organa and his wife? where does it say that they were on Aldeeran when it was Destroyed?! and What about Jango? that could have been another Clone Mace Beheaded.

10. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Keep in mind, I'm not saying that he's alive...(IMO Mace Windu is as dead as a doornail) but people keep trying to act like they "personally witnessed" Windu fall and saw his dead body splattered all over the ground.

Yep, I think hes dead too. But Lucas does have an "out" with the Mace storyline that is way better than using say a "Dallas" type dream sequence. I think the ultimate "out" sequence would be to find out in Episode 7 that the entire present SW saga was mis-told due to R2D2s faulty programming. :p

11. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Are you people still talking about this? Hey maybe Grand Moff Tarkin isn't dead either, I mean we never saw his body blown into bits did we? I don't ever remember seeing Luminara killed either so I bet she's alive.

12. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    finally! someone who agrees with me!

13. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Am I agreeing to how sad it is that people can't just accept the dang movie and the fact that Mace is dead, Amidala's name means nothing, there's no super secret meaning behind the way Anakin grins or am I agreeing to the number of ridiculous threads here. Either one works for me :)

14. jedipadawanjoe14

jedipadawanjoe14 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2005
    i hate when people pull out the old "well luke fell at a height just like that in esb!! and he survived! so mace mustve survived"

well luke was being elecricuted as he was thrown out the window

i dont understand y so many people want to think that he will come back in a comic or something....that will just cause more EU movie dispcprency crap

15. MystikalMaceWindu

Feb 18, 2005
    Thank you R8hitman... you're one of the few who "get it."
    I've said it before, but many people, all across the Net, continue to argue about Star Wars as if it's real. And they speak as if they're George Lucas himself. GL has been known to take right or left turns, turning things on their head, and, like you said, there's always an out in the fictional world. GL, if he so decided, could resurrect Mace. And so could any number of authors.
    But I digress....
    My main point is that it's good to imagine, it can be fun to create stories, to create tales of fantasy.... all of Star Wars is a fantasy.
    the unfortunate thing about today's entertainment, is that they're very much controlled things, a la videogames, which may seem very spontaneous, but you can only do as much as the makers imagined... but if you go on your own personal imagination, anything can happen.
    Long before videogames really took hold on kids, kids would actually play outside, and pretend they were this or that person, and create stories....
    I hope people don't start taking Serenity/Firefly so seriously... that is, if they haven't already....

16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Mace is dead for the sole purpose of leaving Luke alone to face the Sith in TESB and ROTJ. And since we've been told that there are no main characters, I'd wager that he's dead. The eu has a policy about resurrecting the dead. Maul was Infinities and Palpatine was a clone, but he dies again. Fett was just fortunate enough that Lucas didn't make it clear to everyone that he died and shouldn't be brought back to life. Here, however, is a different story. A bounty hunter is one thing. A Jedi Master is another.

17. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    I don't think Mace's death serves that sole purpose, though I do
    agree with that aspect. Anakin has to have a Rubicon to cross,
    and contributing to Mace's death serves that purpose.
    He cannot turn back after that moment.

18. JarJarPlagueis

JarJarPlagueis Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 24, 2005
    That's your interpretation, but the undeniable fact is we don't see a body, and in science fiction, that virtually always means that the person is still alive. Lucas knows what he's doing as a filmmaker. He left bodies for the other three Jedi. I don't dispute they're dead. He didn't show Mace's body, but only Mace going through the same kinds of attacks that everyone else survived, all of whom, I might add, are weaker than Mace!

Rather than "cheapening" the Saga, I think it makes it stronger, because it shows that the Sith at their worst can't defeat the greatest Jedi of all (other than Yoda). Besides, Anakin failed to kill Obi-Wan and Sidious failed to kill Yoda. Does that "cheapen" the Saga? The point of that scene is that Anakin betrays the Jedi, which he did. It doesn't mean that the betrayed Jedi can't have a few tricks up his sleeve. The bottom line is you can argue until the cows come home, but as Mas Amedda would tell you, if there's no body, "Then he is not dead."

19. JarJarPlagueis

Dec 24, 2005
    But none of us are Jedi Masters, and few Jedi Masters in the entire history of the Order can stack up to Mace Windu. [face_dancing]

20. JarJarPlagueis

Dec 24, 2005
    Well said. I think Mace would say the same thing. :)

21. JarJarPlagueis

Dec 24, 2005
    I agree! Luminara may very well have survived. Considering everything else the Jedi have fought successfully, why would the clones turning on them wipe them all out? Jedi could take out droids, pirates, slavers, bounty hunters, etc., by the hundreds. Yet we're supposed to believe that a few clones could kill each Jedi? Ki Adi Mundi for example had a very weak and unconvincing death. Because there's a body, I must accept it, but it's still weak. Hmmmm... Perhaps the Jedi we see killed in Order 66 are the only ones who die? [face_clown]

22. JarJarPlagueis

Dec 24, 2005
    I see the same facts and reach an opposite conclusion. If a mere bounty hunter, whose body we don't see, can survive so that his doesn't need to be resurrected, then why not a great Jedi Knight? We know that Luke is alone because there are no more Jedi whom he knows of to help him, but it's clear from both Dark Lord, Obi-Wan's words in the ANH novel as well as the movie, and the general circumstances, that not all Jedi are dead. So if there are any Jedi alive, but Luke doesn't know them or know how to contact them, then why not Mace too?

Perhaps most important of all, you're forgetting that Lucas has 100 hours of TV to fill, and he's bound to get deparate for stories. "Hey, Sam! How ya doin'? It's George. Anyway, I have an idea for a story. Remember how we never showed your body? Yeah. So what would you think of coming back for a two-parter to air during the sweeps in May? Yeah, we still have the purple lightsaber. Sure. Ok. No, you don't have to shave your head. It's five years later and Mace could have grown his hair out. Well, I guess to help him hide. Yeah, he can have a moustache to. Ok, great. See you then!"

23. ObiWanIsTheOne

ObiWanIsTheOne Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2005
    I see both sides to this arugment honestly.

On the one hand, Mace Windu most certaintly could have survived that fall. Not to mention, there were hundreds of speeders he could have grabbed onto. Maybe he fell onto some platform? The list goes on and on. It wouldn't be THAT shocking if he survived. Jedi have done stranger things. If Boba Fett can survive the Sarlacc and Palpatine can survive the reactor core, MAYBE Mace could survive the fall?

Now I'm inclined to side with Mace is dead for one simple reason. Everyone said he is dead. Jackson made a BIG deal about how he wants a GOOD death. He even said "I know Mace has to die, but I don't want him to go out like some punk." Jackson agrees that he is dead. Not to mention that I think even the EU agree on it. If the movies AND EU agree on something, then that thing is more than likely fact.

24. JarJarPlagueis

Dec 24, 2005
    That's weak. We all know that we saw all the other Jedi who were killed, die. Plo koon was in a ship that blew up. Obi-Wan and Yoda found Cin Drallig's body. You're grasping at straws because you know it is possible for Mace to have survived. My argumentative powers are far beyond yours. Now back down. [face_devil]

25. JarJarPlagueis

Dec 24, 2005
    I already posted the case against, based on the logic of the GFFA and what we've seen from Mace and other characters in other contexts. To respond to your quotes, yes, they definitely support you. However, we don't see a body, and Boba Fett came back. Lucas knows what he's doing and if he wanted to make it definitive, he could have. But he didn't. There's no room for Agen Kolar or Ki Adi Mundi to come back, but Mace can come back in comics, novels and the TV series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.