main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So Mace Windu isn't Dead when he gets pushed out of the window...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darksithlord99, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarJarPlagueis

JarJarPlagueis Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 24, 2005
    Mace is totally stunned and incapable of saving himself. He fell twenty stories to his death. All of his bones shattered and his internal organs turned to liquid paste, from the impact. [/quote]

How do you know that? Luke recovered from much more Force lightning (he literally was smoking) in one second (what the scene in ROTJ - I did). Why couldn't Mace have recovered to? Because he only had one hand? So did Luke!

His bones shattered on impact? How do you know? I don't remember that scene. It's all assumption on your part.

2. JarJarPlagueis

JarJarPlagueis Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 24, 2005
    Oh, he'll be there too, and he'll survive beyond ROTJ. He probably won't be a Jedi though, which is even more likely considering he announced his intention to become the Lost 21st. He doesn't have that spot. But how about Lost 22nd? :p

3. rinaabpaceer

rinaabpaceer Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2005
    This thread has been thrashed to all hell, but here's my piece.

Mace is dead..reason? Anakin's involvement in his death. Lucas would not have had the exact moment that Anakin COMPLETELY gives himself to the Dark Side, leave any room for doubt. If MAce somehow miraculously survived, I think it would take away from that pivotal moment in the Saga that pretty much set things in motion for the OT.

4. Darth_Maledict

Darth_Maledict Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2005
    Couldn't he have been sensing a shift in the balance of the force, towards the dark side? The prophecy fulfilled itself, but not in the way that the Jedi council expected it to. Vader indeed brought balance, the balance had been in the favour of the Light, but now the Dark side was to play a much more prominent role. However, the propechy about the destruction of the Sith was realised in ROTJ. Windu's death is important to the story. To say he survives as anything other than a force ghost is to dilute the film's emotional impact. This film is meant to be harsh, and compared to the other films (apart from maybe ESB)is a very dark story indeed. Windu is dead, unless he became one with the force.

5. Paladin_Phoenix

Paladin_Phoenix Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2005
    could mace have been the "other" that yoda was speaking about in ESB?
    Yeah, let's bring a fried, beat up, lightsaberless (I don't care if he could make another one), really old, not tuned Jedi to defeat two Sith Lords. It was Leia, like that one guy said near the bottom of page 27.
    And it doesn't mean he didn't die.
    How do you figure that. Look when his lightsaber falls out. That's a loooooooooong way to fall. The speeders were far below, he was too weak to cushion his fall. For Pete's sake Mace is dead. Jackson wanted an honourable death. That means he died. From the book "He fell forever" (I think) Not many people fall forever and live.

6. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    No he's dead when he hits the ground.

The novel says he's dead

GL says he's dead

SLJ says he's dead

thechozn1 says he's dead (that's really all you need) [face_monkey]

Seriously thinking Mace is still alive is wishful thinking at its best.

7. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I know he'll be there, I mean somebody has to father Mara Jade, right? Ohhhhh, B.I.F. 22 ain't that bad a number, just ask Emmitt. ;)

8. Paladin_Phoenix

Dec 26, 2005
    Samuel L. Jackson wanted a noble death. George Lucas says he gives him a noble death in the commentary. Therefore, Mace dies. So tell me, how do you honestly think he survived. No one could have survived that fall. Even if he did survive the lightning, managed to keep alive after hitting several dozen speeders, and hitting hard on the underlevels of Coruscant, he would eventually die of external and internal injuries.

9. jedipadawanjoe14

jedipadawanjoe14 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2005
    then there are some of you sitting here saying..."well i bet you anything that mace will make a quick cameo in the tv show and boba will kill him"

umm, there would be NO point wutsoever in bringing him back just to kill him, besides the fact hat everyone would say he survived again

hes dead. get over it

10. Crazy_Old_Kermit

Crazy_Old_Kermit Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    Exactly.

Considering the creator, the actor, the official site, the novelization, and the comic have stated that Mace is dead, I'd say your comments are "all assumption" not rinaabpaceer's.

11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Mace Windu is dead. So is Lumimara Undli. She and a lot of other Jedi were killed by the Clonetroopers. Those who survived Order 66 were killed by Vader and the Stormtroopers later on. Those who weren't involved in the Clone Wars, survived for that sole purpose.

Lucas has said that Mace is dead and he's not using any major characters for the series. Lucas also said that he is not a science fiction director. He's just a director who made a bunch of mythological/fantasy films. Get over it. Just cause you like Mace don't mean ****. Lucas will kill anyone that he damn well chooses and that's the way it is. Boba Fett only survived because a bunch of fanboys couldn't let him go and Lucas didn't have Boba's head cut off. Palpatine only survived because he had a clone. But between Luke, Carnor Jax, two Dark Side adepts and Master Brand, Palpatine was destroyed for good. Dark Empire was written before Lucas instituted his policy of no resurrections.

Lucas isn't going to go against his policy to appease the fanboys who can't accept that Mace fell to his death. Lucas couldn't show the body even if he wanted to, because the film would get an R rating. Between the Lightning and the fall, Mace Windu is dead. Dead, dead, dead!

12. THE_JEDIPURGE20

THE_JEDIPURGE20 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2001
    And what a great death his was......

*Zapped*

13. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    darth-sinister
    Posted:

"Or maybe Lucas thought we're all smart enough to realize that Mace is street pizza."

[b]OMGoodness! I laughed so hard! Greatest one liner, EVER!
    (well until I hear the next best funny one anyway)

Mace is street pizza...

classic...

[face_applause] [/b]

14. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    No he's already dead when the Chancellor zapped him so much and was thrown out. He should've died right there at that spot. But he was already weak the Chancellor defenestrated him. There he was dangling in midair and go kiss Mace Windu goodbye.

15. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I'm only saying this so that people don't get their hopes up and then have them dashed when it doesn't happen.

16. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Well the "street-pizza" comment covers it nicely... I think.

17. Paladin_Phoenix

Dec 26, 2005
    there would be NO point wutsoever in bringing him back just to kill him
    Yeah, that would be kind of stupid. Just like, "Oh, let's bring the Emperor back so Luke can kill him!"
    No he's dead when he hits the ground.
    No he's already dead when the Chancellor zapped him so much and was thrown out.

It doesn't matter, he died. How he died is irrelevent. He threw him out the window to make sure he was dead. Whether he was dead there or not doesn't matter because he's dead now.

18. PyrhanaJEDI

PyrhanaJEDI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2003
    In Episode VII, an older Mace returns with Lord Vaders arm attached to his hand. Lots of fun to be had with a new older wiser Jedi turned to the Dark Side.

& we all saw Anakin jump out of that speeder on Coruscant and land on a speeder, not hit several speeders on the way "down". Not to mention, the speeder he caught was also doing everything possible to get away from him. Not Obi-Wan's thing, (Anakin seemed to have tried this before) and I am not saying that this is actually what Mace did, but lighten up! does anybody have the exact fact as to how Mace did die? Yoda fell from a pod in the Senate and just left his robe behind, Ben Kenobi vanished into thin air and Mace was thrown from a window.

19. Agent17

Agent17 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    It's more fun to believe that Mace Windu survived and is still being badass somewhere on the lower levels of Coruscant. So I'll believe it.

20. MystikalMaceWindu

MystikalMaceWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2005
    Yup, I'm with you. It's more fun to believe that Mace is alive, as a Jedi Ghost somewhere, and hopefully, one day, he'll be there at the end of Return of the Jedi, standing with Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Anakin (the old Anakin).....

21. MystikalMaceWindu

Feb 18, 2005
    Prior to seeing Revenge of the Sith, I had ideas of seeing Mace Windu as a Jedi Spirit, standing next to Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Old Anakin, because there's a connection to Luke and Anakin...
    Mace was there to take care of Palpatine, but Anakin made his choice and sided with Palpatine.
    Then later, Luke was there with Anakin and Palpatine, and that time, Anakin chose to side with Luke, with the Jedi and fulfill the prophecy.
    So, in a way, Luke's pleas led to Palpatine's fall, as Vader decided to act in defense of his son.

22. WEEBACCA

WEEBACCA Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2004
    Mace Windu died in that scene and he didn't return as a Force-ghost, probably because he didn't know how to do it (Yoda speaks of the force-ghost thing at the end of ROTS as if this was something only he and Qui-Gon knows about). Besides it would be improper to have Mace's ghost turn up along the others at the end of ROTJ as Windu is not as connected to the Skywalkers as the others.

23. MystikalMaceWindu

Feb 18, 2005
    There's always time to learn. o_O

24. haydenlover92

haydenlover92 Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2005
    AS much as we would like to hope we have to acnoledge he is dead gone will not be comming back.

25. MystikalMaceWindu

Feb 18, 2005
    Well, to go along with the whole "possibility" angle, most, if not all of us, thought that Qui-gon was, um, well, gone, and yet he came back.
    To say that Mace is dead is one thing, because as many have proven, that's the intent, but to say definitively that Mace will not be coming back is really only something that Lucas and/or the creators of the Star Wars could say with any sort of conclusion or authority.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.