main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So Mace Windu isn't Dead when he gets pushed out of the window...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darksithlord99, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    Mace is dead.

Emporer Gerner Dark Lord of the Sith

2. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    of course mace is not dead. he, along with Qui-Gon, Jango, and Maul will return as Maace Windu, Quii-gon Jinn, Darth Maaul, and Jaango Fett.

3. JarJarPlagueis

JarJarPlagueis Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 24, 2005
    That's really interesting! His g/f Khaleen was even pregnant! That would be awesome if their child turned out to be Mara Jade. I fear she would be too young though? Mara was already an Emperor's Hand before ANH, at which time she'd only be 18. Also, how would the daughter of a Jedi end up as an Emperor's Hand? Still, I like the idea. ]-}

On this same topic, in what scene in TPM (the absolute BEST film of the NT beyond doubt!) do we see Quinlan?

4. JarJarPlagueis

Dec 24, 2005
    For the 1000th time, if Lucas wanted to make the death scene definitive, he would have shown a body, as he did for every other Jedi killed in ROTS! He did give Mace a death scene - an ambiguous one, just like the one he gave to Boba Fett in ROTJ. The stories even parallel each other. Even though you don't like it, there's enough wiggle room for Mace to come back, either in the TV series or somewhere else.

5. JarJarPlagueis

Dec 24, 2005
    He can't show a body? I guess that's why he didn't show bodies for Ki Adi Muni, Aaya Secura, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin, Count Dooku, etc. Oh wait. He did! The only characters who were sent to their deaths whom we don't see a body are Boba Fett and Mace Windu. You're right. It's impossible for him to be alive. It would require him to survive lightning, which no Jedi Master could do. Why, you'd have to be a NOVICE to survive lightning. It's also require you to survive having your hand chopped off, which no Jedi Master could do. Only a novice or a Padawan could do that. Finally, you'd have to survive a long fall, but no character has ever done that, except practically ever Force-sensitive character. [face_chicken]

6. JarJarPlagueis

Dec 24, 2005
    I thought Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda appeared to Luke (no one else sees them) because they're hs Force Guides. Why would Mace be his guide, when he never met him? This also explains why Qui-Gonn isn't there. Besides, Mace was probably on some mission for the Alliance at the time... ]-}

7. JarJarPlagueis

Dec 24, 2005
    That's exactly the point I've been trying to make! That's an excellent point you bring up regarding Qui-Gonn. I sure thought he was dead. He was the first Jedi to die without disappearing! Yet he came back. If only Lucas had filmed that scene with him and Yoda, since it's the scene we wanted more than any other non-battle scene to be in ROTS. :mad:

8. MystikalMaceWindu

MystikalMaceWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2005
    heh heh... me like.... [face_peace]

9. MystikalMaceWindu

Feb 18, 2005
    hey Jar Jar P, actually, my best imagination story is that Mace Windu happened to grab a neon sign belonging to a burger joint, where he was brought back to health with a soda and a Big Kahuna burger, and he shed his Jedi clothing, leaving behind the Jedi ways, and put on a suit and became a bible-quoting hitman... but soon after, he left that way of life behind as well, and he's now walking the Earth, barefoot, like Caine in Kung Fu....
    :cool:

10. MystikalMaceWindu

Feb 18, 2005
    I've tried to make a similar point as well...
    That the Star Wars world is one of fiction.... and being such, characters can be bent, flexed, molded, killed, resurrected, and only seemingly made dead, but then, in fact, in a new twist, are brought back alive. That's the option one has when they're working in the fictional world.
    I said it before, but it's rather interesting when people proclaim with such a strong sense of finality that Mace is not coming back. Mace could easily be brought back, by any number of people, one of them being George Lucas, or any number of authors.
    I had thought Boba Fett was digested juices, but he is brought back from seeming death.
    And same with Qui-Gon, I thought he was Qui-Gone, especially since we see him get stabbed, then die in Obi-Wan's arms, and then we see his body burned.

11. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    I said it before, but it's rather interesting when people proclaim with such a strong sense of finality that Mace is not coming back. Mace could easily be brought back, by any number of people, one of them being George Lucas, or any number of authors

Mace is not coming back for one simple reason. because he is NotQuiGonJinn. Because of QuiGon having the unique relationship with the Living Force that no other Jedi ever has had, including Yoda , ObiWan, Mace, whomever. QuiGon is the First Jedi to ever cross over. and Yoda only learns through him and ObiWan through Yoda. the fact that Anyone believes that after the whole Drama of Mace's death scene that he just somehow survives that fall, is , well, just insulting to the scene and the story. it would practically invalidate what we know of the OT . But as you say some EU author will probably bring him back. only to have him killed again. because he has to be dead by the OT. what else would he be doing then?. it just does not work any other way.

12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    1. Mace didn't learn from the Shaman of the Whills like Qui-gon did, when it comes to retaining his identity. There's no reason for them to help Mace, since he's dead and gone. Obi-wan and Yoda helped Anakin, but they will not help Mace.

2. We did see Boba Fett go into the Sarlacc and die.

3. Lucas has said Mace Windu dies. What part of that don't you get. He's not going to be in the television series, the books, the comics or anymore films. When Lucas kills someone, they stay dead unless it's as a Force ghost. And only four people have ever done that. Qui-gon, Yoda, Obi-wan and Anakin.

13. MystikalMaceWindu

Feb 18, 2005
    Hey JarJarP, I find it more entertaining to believe that Mace will come back as a Jedi ghost. I find it entertaining and more fun to believe that Mace survived. And I don't push my views upon others, I don't tell them how they should or should not perceive the movies, but yet it seems they insist on persisting.
    It's fun to think one way, when the masses think another.
    The last shall be first....

14. jedipadawanjoe14

jedipadawanjoe14 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2005
    THERE WAS NOTHING TO SHOW! his body would be compeltely mutilated....comopletly...he was dead

15. jedipadawanjoe14

Jul 7, 2005

not all 3 together at the same exact time...it takes time to recover from the lighting....anakin and yoda both lay there for quite a while...hes dead...get over it everyone

16. jedipadawanjoe14

Jul 7, 2005
    but why would you want to believe that mace is out there living..as if that wwouldnt ruin continuity

17. JarJarPlagueis

Dec 24, 2005
    I didn't realise that GL turned to you as a creative consultant? Or do you have the Jedi (Sith?) power to read his mind? By not showing a body, he left it open. That doesn't necessarily mean that he lives, but he could have lived, and considering the ambiguous fates have always led to characters surviving (not to mention that Mace wasn't subjected to anything that others hadn't gone through in other episodes), it's not impossible that he survived. It would also mean that the Sith at their worst can defeat the best of the Jedi, so it neither betrays the character of Mace Windu or the scene. But I say, "Screw that scene." When I first saw it, I turned to my friend and said, "Unconvincing." It's simply not as good as the scene where JarJar steps in the poodoo. [face_pig]

18. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Lucas kills people. They stay dead. He has a policy. He is rigid when it comes to resurrecting characters.

19. JarJarPlagueis

Dec 24, 2005
    Considering that both Boba Fett and even the Emperor return, he's not as rigid as you are! Mark my words: if the series is only doing ok, he'll bring in Mace for the May or November sweeps!

Or better yet, he'll release a new version of the OT with Mace instead of Obi-Wan:

"When I first met your father, he was already an excellent pilot, but I was amazed at what a little punk he was. Obi-Wan thought he could train him just as well as Yoda. He was wrong."

20. The_Chibi_Kiriyama

The_Chibi_Kiriyama Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    Lucas would have us believe that Mace Windu suffered severe pain during a brief experience with Force Lightning and was summarily thrown out a window with no resistance and a plethora of knowledge in the Force (i.e. FORCE JUMP!). If we add in the fact that he was missing a hand, it doesn't seem that he survived. I personally think he's gone off to be with Qui-Gon and the rest, just not able to cross over because of a lack of knowledge about Force Spirits and a lack of adeptness. And I think we've all seen with the "We hate Jar-Jar" people that Lucas is usually deadset in what he wants to happen. If the viewer is supposed to imply that Mace died, then Mace died. I doubt viewership in a yet-to-be-seen TV show will influence his hand to revive Windu.

21. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    Sadly, saying Lucas "chose not to show a body" doesn't cut it.
    The script never included a shot that explicitly showed the moment of Mace's death, yet still explicitly refered to what happened to Mace as being "falling to his death".
    So there is no instance of Lucas recoiling from what was scripted and adapting it to not show the moment of death.
    He filmed exactly what was scripted, and what was scripted refered to Mace's death - Jackson, Lucas, McCallum, Pablo Hidalgo, JW Rinzler and Gillard have all described the scene as depicting Mace's death.

Palpatine and Boba Fett were not revived by Lucas.
    Boba was first burped up by Marvel in the mid-80s, but virtually none of the Marvel storylines are considered canonitical today.
    Then Boba returned once again in Tales from Jabba's Palace and Dark Empire II in the early-90s, Palpatine's many clones were also a Dark Horse creation.
    Lucas has said, as far as he is concerned, Boba is dead.
    And he has the EU on a much tighter leash these days.

Mace may turn up in an Infinites style comics series... but don't hold your breath.

22. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Palpatine was killed off again. Lucas didn't have the policy in place when Dark Empire I was written. Same with Boba Fett, who made his more 'canonical' return there. There were other stories which told how he got out, but his first actual return was in Dark Empire I. But afterwards, no one else was resurrected and there were a lot of fan favorites in the films who weren't revived. Only Maul and that was in a Star Wars story that's considered Infinities and thus is not canon.

Current policy.

-Do not resurrect the dead.
    -Do not talk about the backstory of Yoda, beyond what Lucas wrote.
    -Do not talk about the backstory of Palpatine, beyond what Lucas wrote.
    -Do not talk about the backstory of Plagueis, beyond what Lucas wrote.
    -Do not talk about the backstory of the Whills, beyond what Lucas wrote.
    -Do not reveal the species Yoda and Yaddle.
    -The eu can revive it's own characters, but no one from the films.

23. JediKnightCameron

JediKnightCameron Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2006
    there is no chance mace is alive

24. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    JarJarPlagueis you're quickly delving into trolling territory. I advise you to take a little breather.

25. JarJarPlagueis

Dec 24, 2005
    We never saw Boba Fett die. That's why he wasn't "resurrected" when he came back both in the Marvel and Dark Horse comics. We never saw Mace die either, or experience anything that ever killed any other Force user. He's too interesting to stay down forever and is bound to be see again by someone at some point. Of course if Mace returns it will only be in the EU because, with no more movies, that's all that's left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.