main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So Mace Windu isn't Dead when he gets pushed out of the window...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darksithlord99, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    So Mace is still not dead yet? :_| [face_plain] so sad.

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Boba Fett hit the Sarlacc head first. His neck would've snapped. He only came back because whiny fanboys didn't want him to die. Lucas says Boba Fett's dead and he has said that Mace Windu is dead. He is the boss. What he says goes.

3. Rogue261

Rogue261 Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2005
    I would have to say that Mace is indeed dead, and the difference between Palps lighting him up and Luke in ROTJ is as follows. When Palpatine hit Mace with the lightning, he was dishing it out with the juice turned up all the way. With Luke, he wasn't doing it enough to kill him instantly because he wanted Luke to suffer. Palpatine's mocking of him during that scene illustrates it quite well.

4. JarJarPlagueis

JarJarPlagueis Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 24, 2005
    Really? That must have been why Palpatine said, "And now, young Skywalker, you will die." That's what I say when I'm holding back. :oops:

Luke and Mace were hit with the same Force lightning with the same intention - to kill them. Yet Luke recovered in one second once the lightning stopped. There's no reason to doubt that a real Jedi (one day of training does not a Jedi make) like Mace could recover equally as quickly.

5. JarJarPlagueis

Dec 24, 2005

6. TC-47

TC-47 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Those of you that think Mace should come back probably also think that the Emporer is still alive, and that Darth Vader was just sleeping and the minute Luke turned around he ran away and escaped from the Death Star.

7. mastersith69

mastersith69 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    mace is dead people lets move on, oh but if you have the new starwars insider you will see that boba fett was suppose to be the one that killed mace in what looks like order 66, but due to how old boba would only be it was cut all together.

i think though it would of been cool for boba to put the end cap on mace instead of anakin and sidious.

8. Greedo_forever

Greedo_forever Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2005
    Yeah: of course Luke recovered easily. BECAUSE DARTH VADER INTERFERED AND THREW THE EMPEROR DOWN A SHAFT.

I assume that had Vader NOT gotten in the way, Luke would have died. I guess we'll never know for sure.

9. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    On Tatooine, right before Sebulba pounces on The Dumb Gungan.

10. darthvaderv

darthvaderv Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005

Agree 100% on that!

11. JediCouncilMember

JediCouncilMember Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2003
    Mace is dead and won't be coming back, as stated above Lucas would never allow it.

But in theory he could have survived.

In AOTC, Anakin jumps out of a speeder and falls thousands of feet and gently lands on another speeder.

Certainly Mace could have done this. Even if he was out of it for a few seconds, he would have time to recover and glide himself onto a speeder like Anakin. Of course this depends on how high up Palpatine's office was.

Maybe he fell directly into a speeder while he was knocked out.

That being said, he is dead because Yoda would have sensed he was alive when he an Obi returned. Or Mace would have sought them out immediately, or contacted them on communicator or something.

Still funny though. :D

Yoda and Obi are the only ones that survive.

12. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Palpatine wanted to kill Mace outright. With Luke, he was toying with him. Making a point that Luke thinks he's so powerful, but he doesn't know what power is. He never had a chance against him. Especially now that he's unarmed. It's torture. But he's had enough and that's why he tells Luke that he will die. He starts pouring it on. His face goes from smug to downright, venom filled hate. The blasts increase in intensity. Luke's almost dead when Vader saves him. With Mace, Palpatine added a Force shove as he was done with him. As the script says, Mace's lifeless body is flung out the window. That grunt was air escaping from his lungs.

13. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    >>>> There's no reason to doubt that a real Jedi (one day of training does not a Jedi make) like Mace could recover equally as quickly.

Well, there is one reason.

Lucas states that Mace is dead in the ROTS script....

-JR :)

14. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    But you may as well argue that every Stormtrooper that gets hit by a blaster falls over and dies instantly, yet Leia gets hit by a blaster bolt and holds her shoulder for five seconds and is running around as if nothing happened moments later.
    And the troopers wear armour.

Now, I know some chump will point out that Leia gets hit in the shoulder and all the other troopers must get hit in some much more fatal area.
    But that is the point.
    Well then maybe Palpatine's lightning, whether it is of the same intensity or not, just happens to be doing more damage to Mace's vital organs than it is Luke's - simply because it does, simply because of the way it hits him.
    You can't say for sure - it all looks pretty random...

The point is, this is all purile conjecture - the fact of the matter is, Lucas is in charge, and he decides on the science of the universe he has created.
    In other words, when he needs a character to be injured by blaster bolts we have seen to be throughly deadly throughout the saga - then he writes that and makes it so.
    If he needs to fudge it a little so that the Empire's elite couldn't actually hit a barn door despite them permanently outnumbering our heroes, yet seem to get dispatched by a farmboy and a princess with one shot each time - then that is what he writes and makes happen.
    And if he wants one Jedi to be able to control his descent in the Coruscant cityscape, but another to fall to his death - then that is what he writes and makes happen.

It's no big deal.
    Ultimately, no other character goes 10 rounds with the top Sith, gets his forearm sliced off, gets fried by Sith lightning, then pushed out of a 20 storey building into the Coruscant traffic.
    So we can't compare him to Luke or Anakin.
    The script says he is dead - that is what Lucas wrote.

15. Crazy_Old_Kermit

Crazy_Old_Kermit Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    JarJarPlagueis, after the confrontation in Palpatine's office, do you believe Mace is alive, do you want him to be alive, and/or do you want him to make an EU appearance?

From that, do you believe Bail Organa is alive after the destruction of Alderaan and why/why not?

16. Sidious-3

Sidious-3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    Of course he is dead! No offense but what kind of a question is that? You try having a million volts travel through your body and then get flung backwards hitting a surface at high speeds, while still being paralyzed. It's common sense...

17. JarJarPlagueis

Dec 24, 2005
    No, you're just trying to disparage those of us who don't follow your dogma, which you're not allowed to do on here. I accept that the Emperor is dead because that was the entire point of the Star Wars Saga: Anakin Skywalker brings balance to The Force by destroying the Sith. Your suggestion of Anakin surviving is pure calumny and you know it.

18. darth_zom

darth_zom Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    Can't BELIEVE I missed this one from the onset way back in May!

Sadly, he's dead but just doesn't know it yet... it's like asking if you'd be dead after getting struck by lightning and knocked head first into the Grand Canyon (force powers or no). Do we actually SEE him land? Now that's an entirely different question.

Cursed Jedi Posse! They should've showed up to arrest Palpy in Jedi starfighters with a few hundred Wookie SWAT commandos infiltrating the building as I would've done.

19. TomPiltoff

TomPiltoff Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2005
    BZZT! Lucas said that he considered putting a scene into ROTJ that showed Boba climbing out of the Sarlaac, but decided not to because it didn't fit.

20. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

Only as a wink and a nod to the fans.

21. TomPiltoff

TomPiltoff Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2005
    Which translates into Lucas admitting he's alive. So Lucas does NOT say Boba is dead.

22. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    People are actually debating whether or not Mace is alive?

*shakes head in disgust*

23. Wrongway

Wrongway Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Thanks for that Shelby...

*still cant stop laughing*

24. JarJarPlagueis

Dec 24, 2005
    While I very much respect your knowledge of Star Wars, Darth-Sinister, how in the world do you know GL's motivation for any particular comment???

Also, please note that both Leoanrd_Shelby and Wrongway have resorted to personal derision. I know you're fair-minded enough to discipline them.

25. JarJarPlagueis

Dec 24, 2005
    That's a good idea, but I think I have what I think may be a better one:

Anakin: I've just learned a terrible truth. The Chancellor is a Sith Lord - the one we've been looking for.

Mace: A Sith Lord? Are you sure about this?

Anakin: Absolutely. He knows the ways of The Force. He's been trained to use the Dark Side.

Mace: Then our worst fears have been realised.

Anakin: He's very powerful. You're going to need my help if you're going to arrest him.

Mace: Oh, yeah. Ok. Sure. Go get on board that gunship.

Anakin gets on the gunship.

Mace gets on board the gunship and immediately goes to launch all of its missiles at the Chancellor's office.

Mace: I'm going to end this, once and for all!

Anakin: You can't! He must stand trial.

Anakin tries to stop Mace, but he ends up pushing the "fire" button by mistake as they struggle.

Palpatine senses the discharges, but with a mere seconds until the missiles arrive, isn't able to do anything. He's completely blown up.

Anakin: What have I done???

Mace: You're fulfilling your destiny, Anakin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.