main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So Mace Windu isn't Dead when he gets pushed out of the window...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darksithlord99, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MystikalMaceWindu

MystikalMaceWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2005
    But that whole blatantly obvious business is a disservice to viewers. I'm reminded of how there are people debating as to whether Palpatine was the apprentice who kills Darth Plageuis. They wanted a line in which Palpatine proclaims, I am the apprentice. If these same people just use a little bit of their minds, they would know it's implied. Just see the smug leer that Palpatine gives when he talks about Plageuis dying.
    It would be awkward and forced if Palpatine said, I'm the apprentice.
    Imagine if every scene in the movie were done in such a manner. Maybe GL can make Sith: The Obvious Version for those who can't perceive implications and need everything telegraphed to them. Or perhaps they would like a set of director's notes, like subtitles at the bottom of the screen, explaining every second of the movie.
    Star Wars isn't exactly the most deep or complex of movies.
    And I like Palpatine's story exactly the way it is.
    And I wish that GL could have written the love scenes with a similar, more realistic set of lines. Sure, people say hokey stuff when in love. And there were scenes between Padme and Anakin which weren't all too bad. Again, when they meet in Sith, after the Invisible Hand crashes, and also during that prairie picnic scene.... that whole bit about not teasing a senator. I

2. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Whether the Battle of Naboo was changed or not, it still dosen't matter. The battle was off. The mixing of the music was just part of it. The whole action scene at the end was disjointed. Something that has become a trademark of the prequels. Despite its financial success.

3. Greedo_forever

Greedo_forever Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2005
    Please elaborate : "the battle was off".

I found the ending fine.

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Anakin and Padme's relationship is based on an old school style. It was meant to convey a different time and mentality. That's why their relationship is vastly different from Han and Leia's. You have a guy who doesn't know how to be in love with a woman. He's just pouring out his heart, but his heart is full of a possessive type of love. He's not experienced in the ways in the world. He doesn't understand how to be sutble (sp).

This scene also convey that Anakin is at his happiness for the last time. Everything is perfect to him. He has a wife, a child on the way, he's a Jedi and a hero. He has everything that he always wanted, but now things are about to change.

He knows that he isn't good at romantic dialogue, but this is the way he wanted it. He knows that he has to make it stick that his world is about to change and Anakin hates change.

5. MystikalMaceWindu

Feb 18, 2005
    There were some lines that were fine to me. But others drop like a lead ball.
    that balcony scene was especially bad.
    "No, it's because i'm so in love with YOU." ugggh. Even the delivery was poor. anyway, it's all small beans, because I just skip that scene. ahhh... the power of DVD!

6. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, he is in love with her. He's in a happy mood. That's what being in love is all about. Padme follows this up with the love has blinded him, which is where things are really important to both of them. Love has blinded them to the reality that things are going to change. They are going to change. And neither one will see the truth, because they won't let themselves see it.

7. MystikalMaceWindu

Feb 18, 2005
    Yes, but even in Sith and AOTC, their love was captured better, in other scenes.
    I don't need things told to me, I'd rather be shown.
    I understand the reason for it, but that still doesn't change that the dialogue was poor and the acting weak.
    Understanding a director's intent, or knowing what the scene means, doesn't make the scene good.

8. so-fly

so-fly Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2006
    Mace survived. Star Wars happened a long time ago remember, and Mace played Jules in Pulp Fiction which was released in 1994. So of course he made it. Sheesh. [face_laugh]

9. DragonBalls

DragonBalls Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2006
    Yep the guys dead

10. Darth_Killer________

Darth_Killer________ Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2005
    He`s dead, live with it!
    [face_frustrated]

11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Who's the sadist who made this thread?

George Lucas?

12. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Exactly, I keep trying tp explain this to people, but nobody seems to get it. The romantic dialogue between Anakin and Padme seems stiff and awkward because its SUPPOSED to be that way. George easily could have had Padme and Anakin flirt and hit on each other like Han and Leia, but he wanted to make it clear that this was a more civilized era and one of the waya he chose to do that was by making the romatic dialogue stiff and formal.

13. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    Here's a crazy thought
    and i'm just spitballing here
    Anakin and Padme are crazy in love
    but they get no time together during the war.
    No honeymooon period.
    No slow getting to know one another
    as independent adults.
    They give in to their desire
    and wed and then Anakin is whisked off
    to the outer rim.
    Anyone else married out there?
    Any idea how long it takes to develop
    a new rapport and dialog, regardless
    of how long you've known someone?

What do people want here?

14. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    I agree.
    People tend to forget that their relationship is based around a 10-year-old dream and an emerging crush on the Jedi toy boy.
    I'm not saying that Padmé and Ani's feelings for one another are ingenuine, just that they don't really evr have time to actually get to know one another - in a way it's just fantasy fulfilment on both their parts.
    They get married, and then Ani is involved in a war.
    I'm surprised they even saw enough of each other to concieve children...
    ;)
    Nobody ever said it was meant to look like the perfect relationship - look at where they end up, for Chrisakes!
    They are in love, but still awkward in each other's company.
    In fact they are in love with the idea of each other - in reality, they don't even know each other.

15. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003

[image=http://starwars.wikicities.com/images/d/d7/Mace%5C%27s_Death.png]

[image=http://starwars.wikicities.com/images/a/aa/Mace%5C%27s_Death.jpg]

[Dr. Frankenstein] "HE'S ALIVE!!!" [/Dr. Frankenstein]

16. windu25

windu25 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2005
    I'm I going to have the pleasure of seeing you post the same pictures in every thread today?

Just wondering...

17. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    You musta missed a few...

[image=http://starwars.wikicities.com/images/2/24/Swirling_VZZZ.jpg]

Besides, I'm just glad to have ya following me around!!:D

18. MonkeytheJedi

MonkeytheJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2005
    This i found as part of a original script

"A burst of lightning twice the size of the first attack shoots from Palpatine's fingers and strikes Mace hard. Mace is shot out through the window, shattering the glass. Mace flies far from the building, and Anakin gets one good look at him before he drops beyond site."

"Far below the Senate office, Mace Windu's nearly dead body drops on to a speeder, moving in the traffic. The force of the impact knocks the speeder out of the line of traffic and into a nearbly building. The speeder explodes, burning Mace's body and lighting up the night for a second before the scraps of metal fall to the floor of Coruscant."

19. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Where did you find this? Is this in "The Making Of ROTS" or did you find this on a site run by Supershadow? If it's the latter, it's fake. Supershadow is a fraud who likes to decieve fans with his made up stuff.

20. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    Not from the Making of book...

21. jedi_jacks

jedi_jacks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    Just jumping and invading the thread, but, *smokes*, that picture is amazing SithStarSlayer. (Where's it from? Are there more like it?) I bet to other jedi, that's what Mace Windu would look like in battle. (And to regular non-force people, they'd hardly see anything at all!)

22. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Mace isn't dead when he goes out the window, but he is when he hits the ground. The Chancellor's office is 1/2 a kilometer up. Not even a Jedi could survive a fall from that height.

23. MonkeytheJedi

MonkeytheJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2005
    I got it from a friend but for sure not supershadow

24. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    [image=http://starwars.wikicities.com/images/thumb/6/6a/MaceWinduonNull.JPG/397px-MaceWinduonNull.JPG]

25. Darth_BamBam

Darth_BamBam Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2005
    Exactly how far did Anakin fall when he jumped out of the speeder in AotC? Mace is a Jedi Master, they can do all kinds of crazy stuff. I would think it is silly to assume Mace is dead, honestly. The Emperor hit Luke with a lethal dose of lightning - Quote "now...you will die", and Luke did not immediately die, and we know that Jedi have the power to oppose gravity with the force - Example: Lifting objects in opposition to gravity.

So we may assume Mace died because that's what Lucas intented, however outside of Lucas' intentions I say Mace could be alive and well (with one robot arm of course).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.