main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So Mace Windu isn't Dead when he gets pushed out of the window...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darksithlord99, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAND-CRAWLER

SAND-CRAWLER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Mace was as dead as Vader at the end of RotJ. If he didn't die immediately, his death would have happened shortly (even if he DID survive a 1 Km fall). Reason is because we can see his SKELETON as he's being electrocuted. The only other person to be electrocuted so that we could see their skeleton was Vader in RotJ. Honestly, Mace's electrocution scene was more disturbing than Anakin catching on fire.

2. albertperk

albertperk Jedi Master star 1

Apr 21, 2004
    SWEET! He can stand beside the ghosts of Padme, Jar-Jar, and R4-P17!
    Hahaha! :)

Well if you think about it, Mace went out at the climax of the whole film...Anakin had to make a choice at that point...the most important point of the story at that moment.

3. Virulent

Virulent Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I was talking about this the other day. I was surprised at the sound of anguish and surprise that Mace made as his hand was lopped off; and then getting the full dosage of lightning was almost sadist in nature.

The question in debate was, could Mace be heard screaming on the way down? My brother stated that he thinks it's stupid that a Jedi could die from falling, but I argued that he was already probably unconcious or incapacitated from the shock that he had received.

4. studeman

studeman Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    Yeah, he was screaming. You would too. If you know anything about serious electrocution injuries, his organs would be toast. If his heart wasn't well-done it would fail due to disrhythmia.

5. nknx2005

nknx2005 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2005
    My brother stated that he thinks it's stupid that a Jedi could die from falling, but I argued that he was already probably unconcious or incapacitated from the shock that he had received.

Your brother has to remember that he not only fell, but he fell over 1000 stories to the ground, probably on a couple speeders. His limb was cut off, he was off guard, and was shocked for about 6 seconds. I believe he is dead.

And no, he is NOT evil!

:)

6. Virulent

Virulent Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Yeah, he was screaming. You would too. If you know anything about serious electrocution injuries, his organs would be toast. If his heart wasn't well-done it would fail due to disrhythmia.

He was still screaming on the way down, though. So I doubt his heart was "well-done," if he was still able to scream on the way down.

Since you're the expert on electrocution injuries though, haha, I'll take your word for it.

I agree with you completely though, nknx, that fall killed him, considering everything that happened to him just before it as well.

7. AUSSIETROOPER20

AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    He was thrown very high and palpatine would have thought that he killed him, but didnt cause why didnt he see that Luke would refuse to join him in ROTJ. Simple Palpatine isn't so powerful, and vader was more machine than man, but mace wasnt, and someone could have caught him in an air taxie and taken him to a under world hospital to be given a macanical arm and to recover and then to escape while Palpatine went to resuce Vader.

Mace will return one day after the battle of endor, you'll see.GL has some plans for his return, and Yoda doesn't know his alive.

8. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Palpatines office is taller than our skyscrapers,Mace got [image=http://www.owned.com/Owned_Pictures/bigbiteowned.jpg]

9. TopSpeeD

TopSpeeD Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2005
    I think that the fact u see him jumping on fighters and falling through the air in "Clone Wars" is a hint that maybe he isnt dead after all...

10. AUSSIETROOPER20

AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    thats right topspeeD

11. jakbar316

jakbar316 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    You are right. Mace isn't dead when he gets pushed out of the window, but he sure is after he hits the ground.

12. Jedi_Arculas

Jedi_Arculas Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Mace Windu had Palpatine beaten until Anakin chose poorly and severed his arm.

But between the severed arm and the who-knows-how-high fall, Mace Windu is dead. He was a great character, noble character, powerful Jedi Master who left the Emperor scarred, but he is gone. He is dead. I hated to see it, but thats how the story goes.

I think its a consolation to know the answer to our questions: Mace was ultimately more powerful than Palpatine and had him beaten, but was decieved and betrayed by a fellow Jedi right as he was ready to deliver the coup de grace to the Sith.

Oh well, dem's da' breaks good story WTG GL.

13. jacobhiggins111

jacobhiggins111 Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2005
    Mace was fryed, probablly died before he even hit the ground! He ultimately was another victim in Sidious plot to take over the galaxy!

14. Darth_Abominus

Darth_Abominus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Poor Mace really got it good, his death was heroic IMO, but it wasn't exactly the way I'd want to go out. Getting shocked and then tossed through the air about two miles is pretty nasty, did you see how far he flew? Man I felt really bad for the big guy.

Oh well.......... hopefully he found a place in the Force like Qui-Gon did. :D

15. LeeKenobi

LeeKenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 13, 2002
    So how do we know he is dead?

You know how Luke got progressively weaker as he was hit by lightning? He couldn't even stand up?

Same thing--Mace was incapacitated.

Of course, Palpy's feedback of lightning is rather funny...now ROTJ, his screaming is not of pain...but more of "Aw crap not this **** again..."

EDIT - What the hell was Mace thinking--you have a deadly opponent on the ground about to be finished off...but you stop to talk morals with some two bit mommas boy. What gives?

16. SY-SNOOTLES

SY-SNOOTLES Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2002
    As I said in the other thread (*OFFICIAL THREAD* Mace Windu vs. Palpatine V.2.0)

Hello Ppl,

My brother just sent me a funny email and I thought this thread would be an apporpriate place to post what he said. We were discussing the possibility of Mace surviving after his fight with Palpy and this is what he said:

"They left Mace Windu's fate the same as Boba Fett's, no one will ever be sure if he's dead or not, leading to mass amounts of speculation and Expanded Universe stories about how Mace survives the fall, gets prosthetic arms/hands but loses his memory and doesn't know he's one of the Republic's greatest Jedis until years later Luke Skywalker finds him working as a computer programmer at a dinosaur theme park (hey! THATS where his arm ends up! In Jurassic Park!)"

I thought that was funny and wanted to share.
    BYE!

17. MasterSareBabe

MasterSareBabe Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 11, 2004
    I wish he weren't dead, but it would be pushing it too far for him to survive, what with Boba Fett surviving the Sarlacc.

18. Tyson

Tyson Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2005
    No,no,NOO DIEEE!!!

Hahaha I love that.

19. The_Hero_of_Time

The_Hero_of_Time Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2005
    What happens when the other Jedi are killed?
    Yoda is seen clutching his chest.

What happens when Mace is killed?
    Yoda is.... seen.... clutching.... his chest....

He's dead. Let's move on.

20. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    the golden rule in fantasy stories is if you don't actually see a corpse or the moment of death you can never be sure. It's not beyond a Jedi Master to survive Mace's fall, even after the electricution. Look at Luke in ESB? He falls, & even with a severed hand like Mace he's lucky enough to hit a railing & survive.

On another point I thought SLJ was good in the film. His conversation with Anakin about him having gained his trust was his best scene in the PT IMO

21. IamVoid

IamVoid Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    All i know is...one black guy dies and everything goes to hell.

22. OLDirtyJedi

OLDirtyJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 22, 2002
    Mace didn't go out like a punk...
    ...he went out like a *****, screamin and all.
    Not to mention the worst saber duel of the movie...

23. DarthDischarge

DarthDischarge Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2004
    Well if the sequels are ever made the door is open for Mace to show up if they decide they want him to. ImagineLuke being knocked cold by some bad guys from behind in a back alley on corusont and losing his saber. Some old one armed black fella with a nub and a big white afro picks up the saber and takes out a gang of 12 galactic mafia death stick dealers. Luke is amazed at the skill and they go for coffe and shoot the breeze and mace tells him how his father turned into Vader the moment he gave him a nub... a wild conversation it would be.

24. WeaponX195

WeaponX195 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Well said Discharge, and it is for this reason I hope 7,8,9 are never made. My only problem is that he screams like a girl when his arm is lopped off. Again, comparisons to Boba's "death" in Jedi can be drawn.
    I also think it's funny to think of how many wrecks and casualties he caused on the way down. I wonder how long he was falling; i bet he didn't even hit the ground until late in the following discussion.

25. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Mace not only got his hand cut off, but he was fried with lightning for a good second and then was thrown out of that window and fell afterwards. If he wasn't dead at that point he was definetly unconcious when he falls. And if he was dead by the time his body hit something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.