main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So many books, so confused.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by reapur, Dec 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reapur

reapur Jedi Master

Dec 12, 2001
    Hi, first post here.

I have read just about every book written in the star wars galaxy. I don't really like comics, so I haven't read any of those.

I'm confused about the new books coming out in the period around Episode I. One of the books that I read was Rogue planet. I can't find if there are more in that series. Can someone help?

Also, are these comics?
    http://www.theforce.net/timeline/prequel.shtml

Best Regards

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Rogue Planet is a stand alone novel, it doesn't have a series.

Cloak of Deception and Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter both take place before TPM.

Jedi Apprentice is a series of 18 kids novels plus two "specials" that takes place when Obi-Wan is between the ages of about 13-16 I think, and is apprenticed to Obi-Wan.

Jedi Quest is a novel that takes place after Episode I, and is apparently going to spawn another series of YA novels similar to the Jedi Apprentice books.

3. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    If I were you I'd read the Tales of the Jedi comics and Dark Empiere

4. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Chissdude,

Did he not just say that he does not like comics?

5. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    I saw that too, Mastadge. I guess we're all delirious, and reapur didn't really say that. Of course, chissdude10 is all knowing.

[face_plain]

6. reapur

reapur Jedi Master

Dec 12, 2001
    Thanks guys,
    No need really to argue over me :)
    You were all helpful.
    Every since I was a kid, I've had trouble following comics. I like to get a linear novel and read it thru, without having to guess which drawing comes next :)
    I'm not dogging comics at all. I love looking at them for the pics, I just don't enjoy reading them.

Cheers,
    reapur

7. Goober_the_Hutt

Goober_the_Hutt Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2001
    I'd love to read the Tales of the Jedi comics. Getting my hand on them has proven hard, though. You guys know anywhere where I could get them (not including eBay, I'm using that as a last resort).

8. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Any bookstore should carry them. If they're not in stock you could just ask them to order a copy for you.

9. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Even though I dont read the comics, I have been meaning to pick up the Union TPB for well over a year now.

10. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    ugh, DVader, don't waste the money. If you really want to know the plot, the comic's a quick read while standing in the isle at the bookstore ;)

11. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Thanks, Vergere. Truth be told, I probably wouldnt've gotten off my lazy butt and actually went to the comice store. ;)

12. JediLurker

JediLurker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2001
    Yeah, I'm with you reapur: I don't care for the comics either. They seem so fake and hard to decipher. I guess I just don't like it when they draw the characters so distorted. I dunno... guess I'm too picky. I much prefer a good novel any day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.