main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So me and my friend are going to make a fan film.....

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by han_solo_321, Feb 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twowiththeforce

twowiththeforce Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2003
    "I suggest you quit now. If you're not smart enough to see that sticky thread right at the top that says "HOW TO MAKE LIGHTSABERS", then you're really not smart enough to make a decent script, act, and do any of the effects necessary to make a "real fan film".

I'd expect someone that's been around the boards since '02 and that has Ryan W on his WUL to know better. "

Ok now correct me if Im wrong but didnt I get banned for comments less than this the other day?

C'mon Chris, I expect results here buddy!

As for the guy who started the thread, dont let anyone put you off, even if they do seem to be "elitist".

Go find yourself a forest and have a blast with some teenage jedi masters!!!!!! Just enjoy it (and then post a link on the board!)

I for one, am looking forward to it. (that is if I havent been banned by then)

2. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    I'd love to start a thread called..."A Tutorial: How to run off a fan film newbie in 10 quick steps!" but it would probably get locked is my bet.

Anyone want to do the honors for me? :)

Come on folks, I know you get pissed when you see noobs posting stuff like this, but geez it's not worth getting all defensive on them. Just post a link and leave it at that.

I usually post a one word reply saying..."Here" and link it to the appropriate thread.

Easy enough done.

Keith

3. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I know how to make lightsabers.

I just wanted some tips thats all.

Also anyone know how I can make about $700? I need that!

4. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001

?

I can't tell if that one was a joke, but if it was:

Get a job, sell things, ask relatives (I frown on it, but the ends justifies the means), be VERY thrifty. When I started out I barely spent any money at all that didn't go towards filmmaking. Now all my money goes to filmmaking and gas money ;).

EDIT: I forgot you were 14, so getting a job wouldn't be easy. In light of Cyrus' post, I put other suggestions up.

~Neszis~

5. Darth-Cyrus

Darth-Cyrus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 7, 2004
    I dont know if that was the best move.

6. SilverFox0440

SilverFox0440 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    "geez it's not worth getting all defensive on them"

Man, but I love getting "defensive" on noobs! They don't know how to respond!

7. han_solo_321

Dec 14, 2002
    i am not 14 I am 13

and I am not a noob!

8. FigChrystie

FigChrystie Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    So you registered a full year+ before you were allowed to then, and are now? Nice. ;)

9. han_solo_321

Dec 14, 2002
    I was banned for a long time because i was only 12.

I joined when I as only 11.

10. JediRaptor1

JediRaptor1 Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2003
    well i guess it would depend on how much cash you have. if you don't want to spend anything on sfx i'd suggest trying axogon composer if you can find it. it takes a few days to learn but it works ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.