main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - PT So Much More Than Fairytales: The Courtship of Prince Bail (Bail/Breha) - Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , May 22, 2015.

1. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I love how things are progressing here. Bail and Mazicia must trust her to let her in on such private information, such as Mazicia's illness (which sounds so much like ALS) and the back up plan for Bail's marriage (which sounds, although civil and friendly, so unfulfilling to both parties). I loved the teasing and banter, and I love how Bail is respectful and still fun.

You can tell they are both falling for each other. :)

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I like the light and playful spirit of the entire fic. After having read some great drama earlier on, I really needed a sweet love story like this. Thank you!

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Love it how both Bail and Breha aren't paying attention and texting each other from important meetings like two lovey dovey teenagers. :D And the flatmates acting like the mice and birds from Cinderella.

And then, the Queen ends up more approachable than one would think, even with the lesbian plan B. :D

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    NH:
    Thanks! I'm loving writing the teasing

JadeLotus:
    Thanks. Indeed, it is a lot of pressure, but becoming Bail's wife would also mean a marriage out of duty for Breha as well.

DivaPilot:
    Thanks. Bail and Mazicia are putting all their bets on Breha, so they want to create mutual honesty and respect. And yeah, ALS is sorta the "inspiration" for the illness. However, unlike my other fics, I won't really go into depth into Mazicia's decline here.

EwokPoet:
    Well, to be fair, Breha is ONLY 22 at this point, and Bail is just enamored. And yes, Mazicia is a half decent person. Breha is going to have enough drama thrown at her [face_devil]

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  5. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    A/N: Sorry for a whole lot of “telling-not-showing” for this chapter. This chapter was kinda like a random idea I had and I really didn’t know how to flesh it out without it being really boring, so I decided to contain it all to one chapter.

Chapter 6

A month later, Breha found herself packing for 3 days across the planet in the Natusra province. There, she and Bail were scheduled to open two schools, one university and sit in on a bunch of provincial government meetings. Since officially starting to date Bail, she had been dubbed by the leftist government as “Alderaan’s sweetheart”. Of course, there were those, mostly on the right end on the political spectrum, who thought she was not fit to be Queen. And that included Breha’s own, very opinionated, older sister.

“I still don’t know why you guys are going to Natusra for this trip. There are much prettier places to get to know each other,” Deara said, leaning on Breha’s head-board. Deara was five years older than Breha. They had the same black hair and brown eyes, but Deara was much shorter than Breha and took after their mother’s family with fairer skin with a round face.

“Because, Bail has to do some work there for his mother. I’m only going so I can see what it would like to be queen.” Breha placed a few more things in her bag. It was way too early to be awake, let alone dealing with her sister.

“You’re never going to become queen, little Brebre,” Deara said, picking up a nail file from the nightstand. She began to absentmindedly file her nails. “Face it. You are seventeen years younger than Bail. He’s not seriously considering you as a wife. He’s a man-sloot. Your his one last young thang before he has to settle down.”

Breha knew better than to take her sister’s opinion as the truth. She had inkling that Deara was jealous. “I thought you came over to borrow my speeder while I’m gone.” Deara was a struggling artist who could barely afford rent, let alone a speeder. It was no secret that Breha was the more successful sister.

“I did, but I kinda did want to meet the guy taking advantage of my baby-sister.”

Breha began going through her purse. She found her controller to unlock her speeder and threw it at her sister. “Take it and go, please.”

Deara pouted as she got up. “You’re just mad because you know I’m right.”

Breha snapped. “You know what? I hope you are right, because that means I won’t have to make the biggest decision of my life, a decision that will have a deep impact on Alderaan. But if I do have to make this decision, I’ll make it considering all the variables. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to finish packing.”

Breha left to go to the refresher to pack her toiletries. When she returned to her bedroom, her sister was thankfully gone. She managed to pack everything and straighten out her “travel outfit” - a plain slate-blue dress - before there was a knock on her door. Grabbing her duffle bag and purse, she made her way to the front door. She opened it to see Bail, smiling.

“Oh gods, you’re a morning person,” Breha muttered.

“And you are not. Raymus warned me,” he replied. “That is why I brought you this,” he said, handing her a travel-cup of caff and taking her bags.

He led her to the speeder and opened the door for her. There was another woman already in the speeder. “Alright,” the older, bigger woman said. She had short grey hair that framed her circular face. “Lets go over your itinerary. You two are scheduled to land at 1300 hours local time, then you are immediately go into meeting the premier, the press will be there -.”

Bail cleared his throat, interrupting the woman. “Breha, this is my mother’s scheduling assistant, Kueala."

“Yes. I need to get through the itinerary before we get to the hangar. I am unable to supervise you on this trip, Prince Organa.”

Bail rolled his eyes. Breha had to cover up her smirk by drinking her caff.

Kueala continued. Breha listened because somehow she knew Bail wasn’t.

“Sounds like it’s a pretty busy schedule,” Breha said. “Will there be any time when it’s just me and Bail?”

“Unfortunately, the queen has been putting this trip off due to her health, so things have just been adding up. So there isn’t much time for you and Bail. Although you have the 2 hour trip there and back, plus dinner on the last night.”

“It’ll be fine,” Bail assured her.

At the end of the first day, Breha collapsed on her hotel room bed. It had been a day of smiling, taking holos and meeting stuffy old men who she would never see again. Bail had to meet some other dignitaries downstairs at the restaurant, so she had come up to her room.

She knew she’d better sanisteam - at least they had gotten her a really nice hotel room - but she just wanted to sleep. She knew she had to be up early for some breakfast with someone. At this point, she had forgotten with whom and frankly she was too tired to try to figure out.

There then was a knock at the door. “Room service!”

Breha had to laugh. She knew it wasn’t room service. She got up and opened the door to see Bail. “Hey. I’m your boyfriend, do you remember me?”

“Barely,” she joked, letting him in then flopping back on her bed.

He lied on the couch in her room, belly down, with his chin on the arm-rest. “I’m sorry about the crazy schedule. Normally trips like this are not this hectic. My mom has really been putting this trip off. I’m glad I came instead of her, but I shouldn’t have dragged you along.”

“It’s fine. It reminds me of band trips back in secondary school.”

“You were a band geek in school?” he asked.

“Hey, you are looking at one of the best delspeil player Egelwill Girl’s School ever had. And, man, do I ever miss playing it. We won planetaries every year. In my senior year, we actually went to Coruscant for interplanetaries. However during the trip, in order to keep fifty 17-year-old girls out of trouble, they kept us very busy with performances and ‘educational opportunities’. This really isn’t that bad.”

“Good to know you can handle it,” he said with a laugh. He then yawned. “I’m going to head to bed. See you bright and early.” He got off the couch.

“There had better be caff waiting for me when I wake.”

“Yes, my lady.”

Bail leaned against the wall of the newly built, government funded, pre-school and day-care on the last day of their trip. He had been asked to open the facility on behalf of his mother. It was an amazing building - the outside was ornate Alderaani architecture and the inside was decorated to make the classrooms and playrooms look like gardens.

Yet, what brought a smile to Bail’s thin lips was Breha. She was sitting in a circle of kids, ranging from three to five years old, playing a clapping game with them. She looked like she was enjoying herself and the kids positively loved her.

She was going to make an amazing mother one day. As for being queen, well, that was up to her, yet Bail had complete confidence in her.

He just hoped that she could see that.

Yet, deep down, he also hoped for happiness for this shining, bright, young woman. He hoped that he could give that to her, or that she would have the courage to decline his hand in marriage. He wanted to marry her, but not at the cost of making her unhappy.

For Breha, the days in the Natusra province had just been a blur of people, handshakes, and meetings. She let out a breath as soon as she got into her hotel-room at the end of the last day. It had been hectic, but fairly dull. Thankfully, she and Bail were not going back to Alderaa till early tomorrow morning. Plus, tonight it was just she and Bail eating dinner. Breha knew he had something planned because after their last deed - opening up a day-care; Breha had such fun playing with all the little kids - he had told her to go back to the hotel by herself, have a sanisteam and change into something she felt beautiful in.

She entered her room’s refresher, slipped out of her business suit and into the warm cascading water. It felt so nice to have time to herself to think. She had actually enjoyed herself on this trip. Sure, many of the meetings had be boring for her - but mostly because she had been given no context and she was in no place to offer her opinion, but it had been nice to hear many of Bail’s opinions on such things like provincial election policy and worker’s rights. He was actually a very involved prince, although it was clear that his real interest was in intergalactic politics. He deserved a wife who could run thing on Alderaan.

She honestly wondered if that was her.

She wasn’t a boastful woman, but she knew she was intelligent. And she had the education - or at least the nearest thing to a degree in “how to be a queen”.

Was she actually getting used to the idea of becoming queen?

With the shake of her head, she turned off the water and stepped out of the glass sanisteam. She wrapped herself in a plushy white robe and began drying her hair.

By the time her chrono hit 1900 - the time that Bail had asked her to meet him on the hotel veranda, she was wearing a light violet dress - it was casual with off the shoulder sleeves and buttons down the back - and her hair in a bun.

Breha walked out onto the veranda to see a single table, lit up by candle-light, a delspeil set up in the corner and Bail, dressed in dark blue pants and a crisp white button up shirt, leaving against the railing. The veranda overlooked the shoreline and the many rocky cliffs that were common in the region. The sun was just beginning to dip down below the watery horizon.

“It’s beautiful,” she gasped.

“You’re beautiful,” he said with a smile. “I know it’s a bit corny, and you see the candle lit dinner by the seaside thing done all the time in holos, but I wanted to thank you for coming on this trip with me,” he said, taking her by the hand and leading her to the delspeil. The polished black wood of the instrument shone in the setting sun. “I know we didn’t get too much time alone, but it was nice to get to know the little things about you. I wanted to get you something and you talked about your high school band days so fondly. Plus I really enjoy the sound of the delspeil.”

Breha sat on the railing and, setting the rectangle instrument in her lap, began to pluck the strings. She could instantly tell this was a quality delspeil. The sound was so rich and sweet. After a few scales, she began to play one of her favourite pieces of music - a traditional Alderaani ballad - something her father used to sing to her.

“Amazing,” Bail murmured when Breha finished.

Breha blushed slightly. “Yeah, well, I’m really out of practice.” She then peeked behind Bail. There was a waitress coming. “I think our dinner is here.”

The stars and moon were out and glowing by the time Bail and Breha were finished.

“Shall we go for a walk along the beach?” Bail suggested.

“Well, aren’t you the romantic,” Breha said, getting up.

He shrugged. “That’s what they always do in the romantic comedy holos I’ve been forced to watch.”

Breha laughed as Bail helped her down the stairs, cut out of rock, to the beach. Breha slipped off her simple white heels and left them on the bottom step. Bail did the same with his black dress shoes and socks. Together they walked over the slightly damp sand.

“I’ve always loved the beach and the sand,” Bail sighed wistfully.

“Really?” she asked.

He nodded. “My family owns a cabin on a lake in the Yivdon province. It is one of my favourite spots in the galaxy. I love swimming in the summer time.”

“I’ve always been a sun-bather myself,” she admitted. “I am a really poor swimmer.”

“Well,” he sighed, “we are going to have to remedy that this summer. That is, if you let me.”

“You know what?” she said, slipping her hand into his. He smiled and squeezed her small hand. “I think I will.”

“Thank you.” He stopped walking and stood in front of her. “Does this you are open to the idea of you saving me from a boring future.”

“I am,” she admitted.

“Good, because I want to kiss you.” Bail leaned down, but Breha was the one to move to complete the connection. The kiss was not a peck, but remained chaste. Bail wrapped his arms around her waist. There were no fireworks, not that Breha was expecting them, but it was still pleasurable.

When they parted, she looked up at him.

“How was that?” he asked.

“40 percent amazing; 60 percent weird, like I just kissed my best friend.”

“I agree,” he said with a nod. “But can you live with it?”

“I can.”

Chyntuck, AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEEE on the successful trip and the way Bail found to say thank you: the lovely candlelit dinner, the walk on the beach, and the way he is admiring her fine qualities and wants her to be happy above all else.

Not wanting to push her or make her feel pressured into a particular choice. @};-

This made me [face_laugh] !!!!!

“40 percent amazing; 60 percent weird, like I just kissed my best friend.”

[face_mischief]

Honesty, I love it. [face_rofl]

=D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    So their relationship is progressing, and Bail is clearly smitten - very bittersweet to have him think that Breha will make a wondeful mother, because yes she will, but obviously not with biological children as Bail was thinking.

8. Thalviepe

Thalviepe Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2015
    Such a charming story! So fun to see Bail and Breha messaging each other.

9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    AN: Thanks for reading everyone!

JadeLotus
    Yes, Bail is so smitten! I love writing it! And yes.
    I'm currently writing the part where Breha learns she can't have biological kids and it's breaking my heart. I'm way too attached to these characters.

Note 2: All the characters in this chapter are slightly hard to keep track of, so I made a quick family tree too keep track of them all HERE. If you click on one of the names you can expand it and see marriages etc.

Chapter 7

Bail tapped his heel against the floor of the speeder. He made sure his dark brown dress pants were free from lint from his blue sweater. He straightened out his belt.

Out of nowhere, Breha laughed. He looked at her, sitting beside him in the speeder. Her dark blue dress flowed from her neck to her ankles and bunched at her waist with the help of a glittery scarf.

“What?” he asked.

“You’re nervous!” she exclaimed.

“No I’m not,” he denied. He and Breha had been dating for two months and tonight he was meeting her family. He was freaking out.

“You are fidgeting,” she said, taking his large hands with her small, slender hands; stilling them. “Not to mention a terrible liar. I’ve had dinner with your mother several times and she’s the Queen of Alderaan.”

“Yes, but my mother loves you - you’re her legacy. But I’m the 39-year old man who wants to force their beloved daughter and granddaughter into a marriage at 22.”

“Hey, that’s not true. You turn 40 in two months,” she said, poking him in the ribs.

“Stop it,” he laughed, shoving her gently. “I’m half expecting your grandfather to give me some speech about ‘I don’t care who you are, you hurt my Breha and you’re a dead-man’.”

Raymus, who was in the front seat, piloting the speeder, cleared his throat as he looked in the rear-view mirror. “No, that’s my job,” he said. “My brothers and I will expect you on the back veranda after dinner.”

“Raymus,” Breha groaned. “You four don’t have to be morons. I can protect myself and I can decide myself if I want to be queen.”

“It’s okay,” Bail said. “I deserve a stern talking to.”

They then pulled up to the Antilles estate.

“This place is beautiful,” Bail exclaimed, gazing through the window at all the trees and budding flowers. It was the height of spring.

Breha huffed, “Says the guy who grew up in palaces and castles.”

“Hey,” he said, getting out and helping Breha out. “There is only one castle and we only use it as a summer house.”

“Oh, sorry,” she said, sarcastically.

“What are all these speeders doing here?” Bail asked, looking at the arrangement of speeders in the driveway. There was close to a half-dozen of various size and make.

“Well,” Breha said. “Raymus’ wife is here, his three brothers and their other halves, and of course Ramiud’s two young adopted kids: Alras and Arabi - they are nine months old and just so adorable. My mom, my sister, my grandparents. Raymus’ mother and father - Joyna and Negard. Who else?”

“Our fathers’ sister Serene - she’s quite a bit younger than my father - and her husband Jobia are here along with their two kids Sofilia and Sofan,” Raymus replied. “I think that’s it.”

“Wow,” Bail said. He had grew up a single child. His mother had married his father, slept together probably all of four times and had him and were done with each-other. His father was much younger then his two sisters. Bail never had much of a relationship with them, and his mother’s only sibling, a brother, had died in the Aboria crisis before Bail had been born.

“Just be thankful none of my grandfather’s family showed up,” Breha said, taking him by the arm and leading him down the cobbled path and into the house. The entrance was a mess of shoes and bags. “My grandparents have a housekeeper who is also a butler and secretly a droid, but they always give him the day off when we have huge get-togethers. I think he would break if he had to work on days like today.” Breha slipped off her modest white heels as Bail awkwardly removed his shoes. He had never see so many shoes thrown about. He knew the House of Antilles was a loving family, but this almost felt average. It was nice.

“We’re here!” Raymus called, leading them into the large formal dining room. Several tables had been pushed together, leaving very little space in the room. The table was set and everyone was standing around, mingling.

Everyone gasped, stood up if they had been sitting, and bowed.

“Please, no. I’m not the prince tonight,” Bail said.

“No, and I’m not your pilot anymore,” Raymus grumbled. “I’m Breha’s cousin. And I don’t like you.” Raymus then walked away to kiss his wife. Pereni was a blonde bombshell and practically perfect.

Bail was thankful that years of meeting senators, nobility, and politicians had trained him to remember names. Most of Breha’s cousins were a bit older than her. All the males were hostile, but all the women were nice - even a bit flirtatious, but they all treated him like he was normal. Breha’s mother, Healenia, just seemed busy, like her mind was in four different places, and none of those places were in the present. Except for Breha’s grandmother - although she just treated him like any other old noble woman, with respect with a hint of condescension - and Deara.

Deara had been extremely talkative and her flirtation had made him borderline uncomfortable. Breha had warned her that Deara was jealous of Breha’s success in life and opportunity to be so much more than average. Breha had been frank with Bail: Deara wanted to be queen more than Breha did.

Bail linked arms with Breha after he had met everyone. “I’m pretty sure your grandfather wants to murder me.”

Breha shrugged. “He’ll confirm if he does after dinner. Now, come on, grab your plate. Dinner is buffet style and I want a good place in line!”

“Huh?”

“Bail, there are nearly 30 people here. It’s a nexu-eat-nexu completion for a good slice of buckuku loaf,” she said, grabbing their plates and dragging him in the direction of the kitchen.

“That was very delicious, thank you for having me over, Lady Antilles,” Bail addressed Peranda, Breha’s grandmother.

“And now the men have a drink on the veranda,” Riginus, Breha’s grandfather said, eyeing Bail.

Bail gulped.

“Grandpa,” Breha sighed. “Must you scare the poor guy?”

“Yes,” Riginus said, picking up his tumbler of scotch. “It’s family tradition.”

Breha gave her grandfather a dubious look. “You have all of three granddaughters. I’m the first to be in any sort of committed relationship. You’ve never done this to any of Deara’s boyfriends.”

“Well it’s a tradition now,” Raymus said, taking his glass and the bottle of fine Chandrillan liquor.

Bail gave Breha one last pathetic, helpless look before following the other men out two large duraglass doors and onto a large patio. Riginus, Breha’s two uncles, and many of the male cousins were sitting on a large bench built into the veranda. There was one lonely lawn chair in the middle, facing the bench. Bail instantly felt like he was being interrogated.

“Take a seat, Bail,” Negard said, guesting to the single chair. “Please, tell us about yourself.”

“Well,” Bail said, taking the seat. “Most of you probably know my life story.” He laughed but no one else did. “My mother is Queen Mazicia, I’m an only child, making me Crown Prince of Alderaan. I am the senator for Alderaan in the Republic Senate. I have a key interest in inter-galactic politics. What else do you want to know?”

“What are your intentions with my Breha?” Riginus grumbled out.

“I am not going to lie, I want to marry her. My mother needs an heir and to get an heir, I need to marry a woman who can one day become queen. But, to be honest, I want to see Breha happy. She deserves to be happy. She is such an amazing person and will make an incredible queen. I want to marry her. But I will never force her to do anything that will make her unhappy.”

Jebia sighed. “You know Breha lost her father at seven.”

Bail nodded. “He died from termonuluas. He had been sick most of her life.”

Jebia nodded. “It was expected yes, but Breha lost her caretaker. Healenia has always been so very focused on her career. Brebre was raised by all of us. She is more than just our niece or our granddaughter or cousin. She’s our daughter and baby sister. She’s the light of our life. She is going places in her life. If that place is to queen, then we will be more than ecstatic. But we want her happy.”

“I’m glad we are all on the same page,” Raymus said.

“Now,” Rewan, Raymus’ younger brother said. He was 29 and more muscular than Bail and Raymus combined. Bail remembered Raymus mentioning something about being a security officer. “If you do anything to hurt our Brebre, you will suffer.”

“Breha lights up a room when she smiles,” Riginus said. “But when she’s sad, the planets, moons and stars weep.”

“I hope I will never have to see that,” Bail honestly said. “I know I am much older than her, I’m not her first choice in a husband, but I want to make her happy.”

They were then interrupted by Sofi and Breha, running screaming from the house carrying a large tub of jiggling balls. “We’re playing Ruusan Roulette Ball!”

“Huh?” Bail said confused. He followed the other men off the veranda and onto the grass. A large net was set up.

Raymus explained. “It’s a game. The balls are made out of a thin material that will break after you hit them so many times. They are filled with slime - it won’t stain your clothes, but you will get wet. It dries fairly quickly, but it smells. The point of the game is to pass the ball back and forth over the net without letting the ball hit the ground. If you let it hit the ground, it will break and the other team gets five points, but if you hit it and it breaks, they only get one, but you get slimed.”

“It’s those that created RRB versus the plebs,” Breha explained. “And you might want to take off your sweater.”

“Plebs?” Bail asked, talking off his sweater, revealing his plain white shirt.

Bail soon found out that ‘those who created RRB’ meant Breha, Deara, Raymus, his three brothers, and the 16-year old twins Sofilia and Sofan. And the plebs were everyone else. Breha’s grandparents, mother, aunt and uncle sat on lawn chairs, keeping score. Ramiud’s husband, Elandro, sat on a blanket with his infant son and daughter.

It soon became obvious that the game was rigged. It was 19 for the “creators” and 7 for the “plebs”.

“Last ball,” Sofan said, launching the gelatinous ball into the air.

“Oh come on!” Pereni said. “Now this is just gloating!” she yelled as she hit the ball over the net.

Bail was standing at the back corner of the court. He had hit the ball a few times, but had yet to be ‘slimed’. Then he saw a glint in Breha’s eye.

The ball was growing thin and everyone knew it. Breha hit the ball, hard, into Bail’s corner. Bail tried to hit the ball, but it burst as soon as it hit his hand. Cream-coloured slime covered Bail’s face, chest and arms.

Everyone gasped. Breha began to laugh, then Bail joined her. Everyone else joined in.

“The creators win!” Riginus exclaimed.

Breha was still laughing when she brought Bail a white towel to clean himself up.

“That was just mean,” Bail said, chuckling.

“Yeah, well, now the cruelty is over. Everyone seems to like you, a lot.”

“Yeah. I really enjoyed myself - except for the whole slime ball thing.”

“Just one of the many games we made up as kids. Come on, let’s go get you cleaned up.”

Chyntuck and AzureAngel2 like this.
  10. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    Meeting the family is always hard, but Bail equipped himself well!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    What I really get from ths is how special Breha is to everyone- to Bail and his mother, to the people she meets, and to her family especially. (I love their "Brebre" nickname. Adorable.) Raymus especially is very devoted to her. She is already a queen in their eyes.

Wow - what a difference from Breha meeting Mazicia and Bail for dinner a few chapters back, so formal and quiet, to Bail meeting her loud and boisterous clan. But they both adapt and fit in.

Great updates! Funny but touching, too.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Love Breha's warm and effusive family. :) Slimeball - [face_rofl] just from the name alone [face_mischief] hee! Bail is such a caring and genuine sort of course he wants Breha's happiness as much or more than anything.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Chapter seven was a bit hurried and therefore hard to follow, even with the handy family tree, but I caught up, yay!

I loved Bail and Breha's excursion, the dynamic of people in her family, even Raymus' turn to an overly-protective father figure, but my favourite bit in the last two chapters is...

“Hey, that’s not true. You turn 40 in two months,” she said, poking him in the ribs.

I think I just died laughing. She totally goes for hitting him where it hurts most, in a good way. Hahahahaha. :D

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    AN: Thanks for reading everyone :D I'm much too brain dead to do individual replies. But, no, poor Bail gets no special treatment from Breha.

This next chapter was just a random, half-baked idea of mine. I didn't mind how it turned out because I didn't want to do a massive timeskip over most of their time dating; this chapter acts as a 'midway jumping point', but I had no idea where to take this chapter, so it's short and just kinda ends. But chapter 9 is when I get mean.

Chapter 8

“Are we there yet?” Bail said with a smirk from the middle of the limo-speeder. It was the middle of a sweltering summer in the city, so he had decided he wanted to get away with Breha and his mother. They were on their way to the royal family’s estate on the Jamoni sea in the Yivdon province. It was a small estate, but he had experienced some amazing summer nights there.

Queen Mazicia let out an exasperated sigh from the back seat. She didn’t even look up from her reading. “Bail, I am not amused.”

Breha rolled her eyes from her seat beside Bail. “The fact that it’s your goal in life to annoy your poor mother isn’t very attractive.”

“No, it’s not,” Raymus, who was piloting the speeder, agreed. “But to answer your question, yes, we are.” The speeder engine stopped and the door opened. The queen’s hand-maidens and security had arrived ahead of them and helped her out of the speeder. Bail then helped Breha out and she looked around. The estate was a triangle cabin with the roof beginning at the sandy ground and gradually slanting upward. There was a lovely porch overlooking a yellow sand beach and the crystal blue sea. There was a boat-dock, with a small sailboat attached to it.

“That’s my beauty,” Bail said, pointing to the boat. “I’ll take you out on it after you unpack.”

“Geez Bail,” Raymus said, shouldering Breha’s bag. “Let the poor woman relax.”

Breha found herself unpacking in one of the cabin’s fine guest suites. The bed was large and had netted cloth draped from the ceiling surrounding it. The attached refesher felt like something at a spa - with plush white towels and a state of the art sani-steam. She quickly changed into her bathing suit, but covered up with billowing white pants and a light blue striped shirt.

There then was a knock at the door and Bail let himself in. “Are you about ready?”

“Yes, yes,” she replied, grabbing a white scarf that would act as a cowl, keeping the sun off her face and head. She followed him out. The queen and her handmaidens had already made themselves comfortable in the dry sand, playing some sort of game on a blanket.

Bail ushered Breha passed the ladies.

Before long, Breha found herself getting motion sickness on the windy waters. Bail was running around, adjusting and tying all the rigging. For two hours she had been in this misery. She felt useless, so she was content to sit on the padded bench at the stern, and watch him in his slightly dorky tan shorts and short sleeve white shirt. For a politician, he was nicely fit.

“How are you doing?” he said, dashing up the steep stairs to where she, and the helm, was.

“Fine,” she lied. “The wind is nice.”

“Alright, I want to head over there,” he said, pointing beyond the horizon. “There’s a lovely island I love to explore.”

“Sounds fun, but those clouds worry me,” she said, nodding towards some dark-grey clouds brewing in that general location.

“It’ll be fine,” he said steering the boat in that direction.

Breha didn’t want to ruin his fun, but she was getting really sick and worried.

Eventually the wind was tossing the boat, and Breha, around. Bail turned back to her. “Take the helm. I gotta take down the sail.”

Without confirmation, he ran off the top deck, leaving the wood wheel spinning wildly. Breha struggled to get up, find her footing, and take control. Her nervous sobs were covered by the wind and crashing waves.

Within a couple minutes they were out of the worst of the weather and a small island appeared in the distance. Bail came up the steps, looking concerned. “Breha, are you alright?”

“No,” she gulped. She then ran to the edge of the boat, leaned over the railing and vomited the lunch she had eaten on the speeder-ride up here. She felt a hand rubbing her back. She shuttered and pushed it away. She did not want to be touched.

“Breha, I’m going to turn us around and use the motor to get us back to the estate. If you go into the cabin, you might feel a bit better.”

She nodded and wobbly stocked off.

She entered the small cabin, and sat down on the bunk. She had to admit, she did feel a bit better, but maybe because she had emptied her stomach.

A few minutes later, when the rocking calmed down and the hum of the motor had nearly lulled her to sleep, Bail came in. “We are just about to shore. Can I get you anything? I have motion-sickness pills, but they will put you to sleep.”

“I’ll take one when I get back to the estate,” she said shortly.

“Are you mad at me?” he said, leaning against the bunk frame.

“Yes. I didn’t want to go into that storm. I was already feeling sick.”

“Well then, you should have told me and been clearer.”

You should have listened to me.”

“I have to go bring us in and dock the boat.” He then promptly left.

She took her comm out of her pocket and contacted Raymus. “We are just about back at the estate. Can you come get me? Bail and I had a fight.”

Raymus was on the dock when they reached the shore. He promptly went down into the cabin as he had been instructed by Breha with the meds she had asked for.

She was sitting on the bunk, looking fairly pale. He handed her two anti-nausea pills and a glass of water. She swallowed the pills and drank the water.

“Rough seas?”

“He didn’t even ask me if I wanted to come out. He knows I can’t swim. I was terrified.”

Raymus sighed. “Come on, let’s get you on dry land and in bed. I’ll make you dinner.”

He swore Breha turned green. “I don’t think I’ll be eating dinner tonight.”

He nodded, helped her onto her unsteady feet and led her off the boat, while giving Bail, cold, hard glances.

Breha woke, groggily, the next morning in plush, light blue blankets. She swept her hair out of her face. She then realized that someone was knocking at her door. That had what had woken her up. “Who is it?” she called.

“Raymus.”

“Come in then.”

The door opened and Raymus walked in carrying a tray. “Bail made this for you.” He waited until Breha was sitting up before setting the tray in her lap. She looked over the selection of fresh cut fruit, baked breakfast cakes, and caff. She also noticed a note, neatly folded in three, on the corner of the tray. “He is so very sorry and so afraid that you are going to ask me to take you home and that you will never see him again.”

Breha sighed. “I’m not going to leave him just because he didn’t listen to me or didn’t ask me what I wanted. We had a fight and it was partly my fault. Couples disagree from time to time. Doesn’t he know that?”

“I don’t think he does. He has never had a real relationship before you, and his parents never really had a normal relationship. It was the true definition of an arranged marriage for the sake of an heir. His mother gave Bail a pretty stern talking to last night when she forced me to tell her why you were upset with him.”

She groaned. “Now his mother is a part of this?”

“She really likes you.”

“Can you please go assure the queen that I’m not leaving her son.”

“What about Bail? I know he does care for you, and it isn’t because you are his best option for a wife.”

“I’ll see how pathetic he is in his note,” she said, picking up the piece of flimsy.

After Raymus left, Breha began enjoying her delicious breakfast while reading the hand-written note.

Dear Breha,

I am truly sorry for my behaviour yesterday. I truly believe communication is key in any relationship, thus the note. Yes, I do enjoy sailing, and sometimes I do get caught up in it, but all you had to do was tell me you were frightened or felt sick and I would have understood. I care about you and it deeply pained me to see you feeling ill and you not wanting me to comfort you. This is how I feel and I hope you are willing to tell me how you feel.

All yours, Bail

Breha let a gentle smile grace her lips. He really wanted this to work.

A few minutes later, after finishing her breakfast, she walked out of the cabin in a flowing sea-green dress. She laid out her towel on the sand, made sure Bail, who was on the dock, doing something with his boat, was watching and took off her sundress. She was wearing a more modest swim suit. The bottoms were black, high waisted shorts and the top was a blue crop tank top that only showed a sliver of her torso, but a bit of cleavage.

She heard laughs from the patio where the queen and her maidens were having their breakfast. Breha laid on the towel and closed her eyes. She then heard Bail approach on the crunching sand.

Trying not to grin, she opened her eyes. Bail looked so unsure of himself, and where to look. His eyes clearly went from her chest to her eyes and she knew he was trying so hard to keep them there. Yes, this was cruel, and a little demeaning to both him and to herself, but it made her feel good after the barfing incident.

“Good morning, Breha,” he said, hesitantly. “Did you enjoy breakfast?”

“I did, thank you,” she replied, sitting up. She let out a breath. “I guess we should talk.” She reached for her discarded sun-dress and pulled it back over her head. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you I was feeling sick.”

“No,” he said with a relived sigh. “I shouldn’t have forced you onto the boat without asking you. Raymus said you didn’t feel safe, though, and that kinda hurt me. I would do nothing to hurt you or put you in harm’s way.”

She nodded, glad that he was being so open and mature. This whole semi-arranged marriage may not actually be a bad thing. “I know, but I often don’t think when I’m scared.”

“I totally understand. What also really hurt me is when you pulled away when I tried to comfort you.”

“I just don’t like to be touched without knowing and while I’m puking,” she said, hoping he would leave it at that. “I don’t think we are at that stage in our relationship.”

He did. “Okay. Well then, I have a life-jacket for you. Can we start your swimming lessons?”

She nodded. “Sure.”

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Terrific bit of realism there. =D= I like how they handled things after their little dust-up. That says a lot about their potential as a couple, friends who respect and care first and want the other to be happy most of all. :) Bodes well. Breha has too many in her corner (her family and friends) - they won't let her get the raw end and I do not think Bail is one to treat her badly. More likely to do something boneheaded out of ignorance :p The GFFA version of the paparazzi is what I think will be an :eek: factor. [face_thinking]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    The beginning of this chapter made me laugh. It's a Simpsons reference, right?

Seconds after Bail annnoys Mazicia, there is his new archenemy, Raymus.

Bail's beach outfit? Bwahahahaha! Such a prep.

The mood whiplash was inevitable. I did not expect them to mend it that fast, but I assume the swimming lessons are worth it...? LOL. Not good at reviewing casual stuff, so I will grab popcorn, sit in the corner and look giddy. :D

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    AN: Thanks for reading! This post has a BIT more plot to it.

EP

Yeah. I can just see him being perfectly preppy (and annoying).

Chapter 9

At the end of another warm Aldera summer, Breha sat with Bail in the Alderaani hanging gardens, a popular park for walks, wedding holos, and interviews. They had now been in a relationship for 6 months and they, along with the rest of the planet, were getting used to the idea of Breha marrying Bail, though nothing was set in duracrete. Today, they were sitting down with one of the classier holo-news shows to give an interview.

“Shall we begin?” the interviewer, Myran Juncre, an older human male, thin with curly black and grey hair said. He had been Bail’s choice for this interview, Myran was intelligent and asked intelligent questions, without being boring or asking questions the general public could not understand. The three sat on a curved bench with a stone wall, overgrown with vines, behind them. Blooming plants in all sorts of colours hung in the open air above them - suspended there by invisible repulsers. The holoshow producer had the area blocked off to passersbys.

“I’m ready,” his holo-capturer, a young woman, said.

Breha nodded, flattening out her dark pink dress. She wasn’t one for the colour, but Bail claimed it brought out her brown eyes. Her hair was up in braids with a simple pink flower in it.

“Should we hold hands?” Bail asked. The couple had yet to be physically intimate with each other - a kiss here, a hug there, and they linked arms from time-to-time, but that was it. Breha wasn’t against it, but she didn’t initiated it often. They just didn’t have time together without aids, reporters, paparazzi or family to work on the more physical aspects of their relationship.

“If you want to,” Breha said. They tried, but Bail tried to link their fingers while she tried to simply clasp his hand. She retreated. “Or not.”

Bail folded his hands in his lap. “Alright, we are ready.”

Myran Juncre pretended not to see the awkward exchange. “Aright.” He then turned to the capturer and counted down. “Good day Alderaan. It is mid-morning here in Aldera and I am sitting in the Alderaani hanging gardens with our planet’s most talked about couple: His Serene Highness Prince Bail Organa and Miss Breha Antilles. Prince Organa, is it safe to say you have finally found our next queen.”

“I hope so,” Bail said with a sly smile. “The planet seems to adore her as much as I do.” Bail and Breha had been instructed by Queen Mazicia to play up the romance. Apparently all the women of Alderaan just loved it to see a young woman in love with her future Prince Consort. Breha was prepared to pretend. After all, Bail was her friend.

Breha allowed a grin to cross her face as she leaned over, placing her face on Bail’s arm and casually taking his hand. This time, the clasp worked.

“Ms. Antilles, you have been called ‘Alderaan’s last great hope’ and ‘Aldera’s Sweetheart’. What do you think of these titles?”

Breha sat up straighter. She knew she had to display confidence in her self that she didn’t have, while still seeming humble. “I hope I can prove myself of being more than a ‘last hope’ and a pretty face. It is clear that many have accepted my role as the probable future queen. I just have to accept it myself.”

“For the record,” Bail said. “She has my vote of confidence. I believe we will make a great team as Senator of Alderaan and Queen.”

“It has been just over a year since you have been elected Senator, do you enjoy your position?”

“Yes,” Bail said simply. “I feel like I can do a lot of good on Coruscant.”

“Your predecessor was Bail Antilles,” Myran turned to Breha, “any relation to you?”

Breha winced slightly. “He’s a much younger cousin - perhaps even a half-cousin - of my grandfather. I know we are distantly related, but it’s never been clear how. I believe I’ve met him once, several years ago, at a family reunion.”

“He had desires to become Chancellor of the Republic, Prince Organa, do you have the same desires?”

“Eventually, perhaps. After we get the succession of the Alderaani throne sorted. For now, my focus is Alderaan,” Bail stated.

“Ms. Antilles, do you think you could be queen and married to the Chancellor of the Republic?”

Breha wasn’t exactly prepared for a question such as this. “If and when that time comes, Bail and I would have to discuss it as a couple, as queen and viceroy, and, presumably, as parents.”

“So, children are in the future?”

Bail laughed. “We aren’t even married yet, but yes, we have discussed it and children are a must for both of us, and not just for the succession of the throne.”

Myran was about to ask another question when blaster fire rung through the air. Voices yelling and screaming filled their surroundings. Breha felt herself being pushed to the ground by Bail. Her knees and palms hit the hard dirt.

“What the-?” Breha asked, extremely confused.

“I don’t know, and we aren’t finding out,” Bail said. “Of all days to forgo a security detail,” he muttered.

The producer, a thin green Twi’lek male named Jakule, ran over to them, crouched low to the ground. “It’s the Temere Brotherhood!” he gasped, out of breath.

“Kriff,” Bail murmured.

Breha gasped, and not only because she heard Bail swear for the first time. The Temere Brotherhood was a terrorist group from the moon Marat V. The outer-rim rock had an extremest patriarchal society. They even went so far as to forbade women from speaking in public, let alone hold public office. The Brotherhood attacked other planets that had or allowed women as heads of government: Naboo, the Hapes consortium, and Alderaan.

The Brotherhood had attacked Queen Mazicia in the past, though in the past few years they had focused elsewhere. Now, apparently, they were back for her, or Breha, or the both of them.

The Temere Brotherhood was here to kill her.

“I saw a care-taker’s shed, right over the wall,” the female holo-capturer huffed.

Bail nodded. “Keep low and hurry.”

The female holo-capturer led the way as the five hurried up the grassy hill the retaining wall was holding up. Bail put his arm around Breha and helped her scrabble up the hill. She leaned into him, as a way of showing him she trusted, and wanted, the physical contact.

The shed was nestled in a grove of trees - painted a light green in order to blend in with the foliage. Breha hurried in after the holo-capturer and the producer shut the door behind the group.

It was cramped, but Bail cleared a spot on the ground next to a hose and helped Breha sit down. She was now barefoot, her dress dirty and ripped and she was trembling.

“We can’t stay here,” Bail said. “They are going to find us.” He took off his blue overcoat and draped it around Breha.

“Well planetary security should be here soon,” Myran said.

“I hope so, but if the Temere Brotherhood is here in Aldera, the palace and my mother is their top priority. Security may not even be aware that they are attacking us. Someone needs to go get help.”

“I’ll go. I’m male, they probably found our location from the show’s holonet site, therefore they know Myran is interviewing you two,” the producer said. “They will recognize him, but not me, so they can’t trace me back to you, you Highness.”

“Adely should… go with you,” Breha said, her voice trembling, referencing the holo-capturer. “They… will kill her if they find her with us, but they won’t recognize her either.”

The producer nodded, took off his coat and covered the holo-capturer. Breha watched as they left the shack.

“Bre? Are you alright?” Bail asked, ensuring the old-fashioned wooden door was closed.

It took a moment for her to find her voice. “… Fine.”

“You’re not,” he said, sitting beside her. “You’re pale and trembling.”

She then broke down. “There are crazy extremists out there with blasters and they are there simply because I’m okay with keeping up tradition.” She covered her mouth with her hand to keep her sobs from getting too loud.

“It’s okay. I’m not going to let them hurt you.” Bail said.

“Hold me, please,” she said, not caring if she sounded desperate and needy.

He nodded, and wrapping his arms around her, did his best to make her feel safe.

“Ms. Antilles, if I may reassure you,” Myran whispered. “I too am going to do anything I can to protect you as well. Those men are monsters. They don’t understand that men and women are equal on this world, that the queen is almost purely a ceremonial role to upkeep our proud heritage, that woman can serve that role, just as the first chairman of Alderaan is always her husband. The people of Alderaan all know and believe this. The Temere Brotherhood’s terror will have no effect on us. Please don’t let it effect you, or else they will win. It’s okay to be afraid of what they can do to you, but don’t let that affect your decisions.”

Breha nodded. “Thank you,” she whispered.

“I believe you will make a fine Queen,” Myran said.

Breha jumped when she began to hear more shouting and blaster fire. Bail held her a bit tighter.

Breha, Bail and Myran sat in the shack for two hours as men shouted outside. Sometimes in Basic, screaming threats at Breha and at the Alderaan monarchy, other times in their native tongue. Blaster shots punctuated their vulgar language. Breha felt Bail trying to comfort her.

Myrann’s comm then beeped. He answered it in a low, quiet tone. “Speak softly.”

“It’s Jakule,” Breha recognized the producer’s voice. “We made it out. The authorities are in the gardens now. They know your location. Just sit tight.”

Myra switched off the comm.

The shouting began to increase and the blaster fire got more rapid. It was clear that the security forces had arrived. A stray blaster must have hit the shack as the metal structure rang and shook.

There then was a knock on the door and Breha felt like her heart stopped. “Aldera security force!” the voice shouted.

Breha shut her eyes as Myran got up from his corner, shovel in his hand - poised as a weapon, and opened the door. She began weeping as she saw two men in familiar uniforms stood over her. Kindly, they wrapped her in a blanket and helped her out of the shed.

Breha stared blankly at the blue-grey wall. She was in one of the sitting rooms of Aldera palace. The security force had taken her and Bail here, supposedly the safest place on Alderaan, although Bail was nowhere around. Raymus was in the room, sitting beside Breha, stroking her arm. Her grandfather was on her other side, holding her hand. It was now early evening. They had spent two hours in that shed. Breha thought it had been an eternity.

Breha’s mother, sister and grandmother were in the room. Deara was saying something along the lines of “Breha shouldn’t be queen if she can’t handle a sloppy terrorist attack.” Deara was being more tactful, but Breha simply wasn’t listening. She was focusing on the colour of the wall.

“She’s in shock, leave her alone.” Breha looked up to see Bail enter the room. Bail continued. He had now witnessed the slight abuse Breha suffered at Deara’s hands. “My mother is currently in the exact same state and the Temere Brotherhood never even made it near palace property. Today wasn’t some sloppy attempt. It was a serious threat.”

Breha couldn’t help but want to smile. She watched as Deara became bright red.

Bail took a deep breath before turning to Breha, he kneeled at her feet. He gently stroked the top of her foot. No one had retrieved her shoes, not that she cared. “The kitchen made some soup for dinner, do you want some?”

Breha mutely shook her head.

“Do you want me to make you something?”

“I’m not hungry,” she mumbled.

“Of course,” he said. “Security, and me, want you to stay here tonight, just encase something else happens.”

“Okay,” she said. She surprised even herself by not fighting. “Will my housemates be oaky?”

Bail nodded. “I spoke to Oetiann. She’s bringing over some of your stuff and she said Presha’s and Reesha’s brothers will be staying with them just encase something happens. Everything is going to be fine.”

“What room will she be staying in?” Raymus asked.

“The riesum flower guest suite on the second floor,” Bail said. He turned to Breha. “Its right down the hall from my suite.”

“Do you want me to walk you up there, Brebre?” Raymus asked. “I think lying down will do you a lot of good.”

Breha nodded. “The rest of you guys should go home.”

“Are you sure?” her grandfather asked.

“Yes,” she confirmed. “I think Raymus is right. I’m suddenly very tired. Thank you all for being here.” She then got up and took Bail’s hand. They clasped as she felt his reassuring squeeze.

She managed to get up the turbo-lift before breaking down in tears.

“It’s okay, it’s okay,” Bail said in a calm voice, wapping her in his arms. “What can I do? Please tell me how I can make this all better.”

“I just need sleep,” she murmured.

“Okay,” he whispered in her ear. He gently guided her into the room.

Bail paced outside the guest room as he waited for Oetiann to finish changing Breha into her nightgown. Bail and Raymus had given Breha some calming tea, with a bit of extra-calming gangairi root in it, and the effects had started right away.

The doors opened and Oetiann emerged, wearing blue-purple scrubs. “She’s in her nightgown and I brushed her teeth, took out her hair and washed her up a bit. I’d stay, but I’m on the nightshift.”

Bail nodded. “It’s fine. Thank you for coming and bringing her stuff.”

“She’s fairly out of it,” she warned them before leaving.

Bail and Raymus re-entered the room to see Breha slouched on the edge of the bed. She was practically asleep. Her long brown hair cascaded around her.

“Hey, Brebre,” Raymus said. “Let’s get you in bed.” He pulled down the sheets.

Bail reached down and scooped Breha up in his arms. She was limp, yet she weighed nothing. He slid her into bed and gently covered her up. He leaned down and kissed her forehead. After all that had happened today, Bail was still scared. Scared that he would one day, soon or in the future, lose Breha.

Breha woke up in a grand bed, surrounded by crisp white, fluffy pillows, covered up by a billowing duvet. She then remembered the events of yesterday. After breaking down in Bail’s arms, she remembered Raymus practically forcing her to drink some tea, which she pretty sure was drugged, because she remembered Oetiann coming, bringing her some pyjamas, and that was it.

She looked out the window at the rising sun. It was clearly early morning. Breha didn’t want to know how long she had been asleep.

A strange purring came from the foot of the bed. Breha looked down to see a tiny back pittin was curled at her feet. She knew the royal house kept pittins. They ran around the palace catching vermin and were the pet of choice of Mazicia.

“Hey there,” Breha cooed when the pittin looked up at her. The fur-ball then stood up, stretched its arching back and waltzed up to Breha, and planted its butt in her arms, curling its six legs under its body. Breha sat there for a long time, simply stroking the smooth coat.

There then was a light tap at the door. It scared the pittin who went scampering under the bed.

“Hello?” Breha called, quickly braiding her hair and coiling it in a bun so she would look somewhat presentable.

The large faux wooden doors slid open and Bail entered. He was wearing a medium grey suite with a deep purple shirt. He looked so incredibly handsome. He smiled. “Good morning. I must say you look so beautiful in the morning sunlight.”

Breha felt her face grow warm. “Thanks. How long was I asleep?” she asked, rubbing her eyes.

Bail looked at his wrist-chrono. “Eleven hours. How are you feeling?” he asked, siting on the edge of the bed.

“Better,” she sighed. “Sorry for my behaviour yesterday.”

“Don’t be,” he said, shaking his head. “What happened yesterday was not normal but your reaction to it completely was. After it was all said and done and you and Mom were asleep I took my speeder-bike and went stupidly fast around a track outside of Aldera. We all handle these stupid events differently. And you were amazing yesterday. You followed my direction without question, and you even got that holo-capturer out of the situation. But Breha,” he said, looking at his hands in his lap. “This won’t be the last time something like this will happen. We are lucky that Alderaan is a peaceful, but the galaxy isn’t. And the Queen of Alderaan lives a high-profile life. But that life doesn’t have to be yours.”

She pursed her lips. Breha now knew what it meant to be queen. To have her life threatened for the ideas she, and her planet, stood for. Yet, nothing had changed. “I know. But I want a life that means something. If I can be queen and help people, I want to.”

Bail smiled. “Thank you.”

18. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    Poor Breha - I'm sure the first terrorist attack is always the worst...

She seems bound by duty and friendship to Bail rather than anything else - it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

19. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    In so far you managed brilliantly showing us how stressful & dangerous it is to marry a royal prince. I hope Breha can stay put despite all.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  20. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    She handled that terrifying event with bravery, thinking of others (Adely) before herself. She will indeed make a fine queen. This must have really made her think hard about a future with Bail, in the spotlight like that all the time. But with love and courage, she and Bail will make it work.

I love how much he cares about her. [face_love]

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= =D= Totally! If I were Breha, in that situation, I'd be a wreck! She has courage and selflessness. Myran was right when he said she should not give in to the fear or the crazy threats. Bail and Raymus' support - wonderful. Now, Breha's decision has more out in the open implications/ramifications. [face_thinking] Being in the spotlight isn't just a fat inconvenience. It can be deadly! ;eek:

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    A popular park for walks, wedding holos, and interviews - HALP.

I sort of laughed at the irony of one Antilles being asked if another Antilles is their cousin. That, next to that awkward hand-holding moment gave some humour to this otherwise grotesque update.

Aaaaaand here comes the GFFA's Boko Haram. Eeek! Love the idea of there being such a group, as much as I don't love it; if you know what I mean.

Glad that the Queen was saved, but this was, as I said, grotesque - going from preppy to creepy. I guess this is how Breha and Bail will be forced to be close all the time, be intimate and finally get married.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    JadeLotus:

I'm sure the first one is probably the scariest. And yes, duty and friendship are the two major motivators for Breha.

AzureAngel:

Thank you. I hope Breha can stay too, if not, this will be a much shorter fic than I intended

DivaPilot:

Ha! Love! Who ever said this was a love story? :p

I kid. I love how smitten Bail is with her and how much he openly cares for her.

Nyota's Heart

Breha is truly a better woman than I. If I had people shooting at me, I'd be all like "screw you, I'm moving to Corellia" :p

Ewok Poet

Yes. I wasn't sure about including a Boko Haram/Isil-type group, however it simply made sense. The GFFA is male dominated (IMO anyways), but we do have these planets like Alderaan with female leaders. So it makes sense not everyone would get along.

And, yeah, welcome to my fics - everything is either all happy with fuffy clouds, OR completely going to hell.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Chapter 10

“This is lovely, Bail,” Breha said as she slipped off her black dance-style shoes and felt the grass between her toes. It was late winter in Aldera, but Bail had arranged a picnic lunch in a botanical garden. The garden was completely covered in a glass dome, creating a very warm environment with lush plants.

It reminded Breha of the hanging gardens. She closed her mind at the memory. That had been five months ago. She had come to terms with what had happened, but she had seen a doctor to talk through the dramatic memories.

But of course now they had a team of three security guards following them around everywhere. Breha felt safer, but it was a bit unnerving to have men follow her everywhere in public. They kept their distance, right now they were all covering the entrance to the dome, but they made it difficult to try to be intimate with Bail.

“Yeah, but it’s warm,” Bail replied, stripping out of his black winter jacket, and dark blue over-coat. He was in a white button down shirt and black pants. He slipped off his boots as well.

“Of course it is. It is a greenhouse,” she teased, slipping out of her dark red coat, letting it fall to the ground as Bail spread out the blue blanket. Breha was wearing a dark blue skirt with a flowing white top. She took off her white pushmeen scarf he had gotten her for her 23rd birthday two months ago and playfully whipped him across the bum.

“Hey,” he laughed. He playfully pulled her to the ground.

“Bail!” she screamed as she landed on top of him.

“Well then, don’t be Grand Master Obvious,” he teased back. He softly caressed her hip and now exposed love-handle. His hand touched her exposed flesh.

“Bail,” she said, blushing. She sat up and pulled down her shirt. She was an average woman and work and fete-week eating had made her put on a few pounds. “Should we eat?”

“Yes,” he said, sitting up so that he was sitting across from her. He opened up the picnic basket. He got out two sandwiches, two goblets and a small bottle of sparking juice. “But we also need to talk.” He handed her a sandwich.

Breha sighed. “Oh dear.”

“It isn’t bad, it’s just, we’ve been seeing each other for almost a year now and we both know where I need this to go.” Bail was pouring the juice. He handed her the glass.

“Marriage,” she said, finishing his thought. She took a sip of the juice, wishing it were something stronger.

“I want to know your answer before I formally ask your family then propose to you. I think that is important when two people consider something as big as this to be on the same page. A proposal should be a surprise, not the fact that I want to marry you.” He then took a deep breath. “I really like you, Breha. I think, I may even love you. I always though I would have to marry a woman I could just tolerate. But with you, I think I could be happy with you. But - stars I’m babbling - I want you to be happy. I don’t want to make you miserable. You are the brightest light I have ever seen. I don’t want to be the one to extinguish it.”

Breha was in shock. It took her a moment to come up with any words. “Bail. I think you feel more for me than I do for you. It’s clear to me that you want to be more physically intimate, I’m just not ready for that - honestly it scares me a bit - and the lack of privacy really makes it hard. But I really like you too. I don’t believe in true love. I believe in learning to love and making things work. You have become my best friend. I care about you, and I care about Alderaan. And hearing that you may love me makes me feel… things I’ve never felt before. I think marrying your best friend is something wonderful - there is stability and honesty in that.”

“Yes,” Bail agreed. “We get along great, we are into the same things, we can work together. I know it isn’t everything, but hey, we will be royalty. I know my parents had lovers on the side.”

“But, I don’t think I want that,” Breha said. “Paramours and mistresses, I mean.”

“Neither do I, you are everything I want.”

She felt her cheeks grow warm. “If there is one thing I want, it’s a committed relationship.”

“I can appreciate that. But we are going to have to work on making you feel as beautiful as I think you are. I’d like to think we are emotionally intimate and I would like to be more physically intimate too.”

Breha nodded. “We have a lot to work on. I know normally that isn’t a good sign in a normal relationship, but this is anything but a normal relationship.”

Bail laughed. “And look on the bright side, if it all goes to chaos, at least I’m 17 years older. I’m going to die a lot sooner and then you’ll be a free woman.”

“Don’t say that,” Breha said. She then took a bite of her sandwich. “Not while I’m eating. This is good.”

He grinned. “I made it.”

“Well, at least I picked a good cook.”

“So, is that a confirmed yes? I’m going to do the whole big proposal and you can still say no at that point.”

“Bail,” she said clearly. “I want to marry you. But no big proposal.”

He smiled widely. “I’ll see what I can do.”

“You love her, don’t you?” Lady Renolu Kartas said as she and Bail walked through the fountain room of Aldera Palace. To Bail, she was just Lu. They had grown up together; she was just two years younger than Bail. The Kartas family was one of the most influential noble family on Alderaan. Lu was a classical Alderaanian woman; she wore a grand yellow dress that almost resembled an upside-down flower and her dirty-blonde hair was up in an elaborate bun. She was a classically trained opera singer. It had been clear since they were young that their parents had tried to arrange a romantic relationship between the Bail and Renolu, but neither wanted that.

“I do,” Bail confessed. “Though she doesn’t quite feel the same way about me.”

“Are you joking?” she asked, sitting down on one of the stone benches. “You are the greatest guy on Alderaan. There’s a reason why I would have been fine with marrying you - and it isn’t just because we both would have been fine with the other seeing women on the side.”

Bail laughed, sitting next to her.

“But I’m glad you found someone Bail, and I really hope you two will be happy together and you don’t mess it up.”

“You aren’t saying that for your own selfish reasons, are you?”

“Maybe,” she winced. “It’s no secret I didn’t want to give up my amazing singing career to be queen and bored the rest of my life. And… Tienia and I are talking about completing her Alderaani Citizenship and getting married.”

“What?” Bail exclaimed with joy. “I hope you do. Please invite Breha and I to the wedding.”

Lu grabbed onto the edge of the bench and leaned back. “Bail and Breha. That is just too cute.” She then looked at him seriously. “It better work out.”

He nodded. “I know the feeling.”

“So, what’s the next step?”

Bail was reminded why he and Lu had been friends. She honestly cared for him. “I, uh, get an engagement ring. My mom wants me to use her grandmother’s, but that seems so lazy to me.”

“Definitely get her one of her own. Breha doesn’t strike me of an overly-traditional kind of woman and this whole royal wedding is going to drive the poor girl up the wall.”

He let out a breath. “Please, let me get through the proposal before you even mention the word ‘wedding’.”

She laughed. “Alright. Are you going to do the whole ‘asking permission’ thing with her father?”

“Her father died when she was just a child.”

“Oh, that’s right,” she gasped. “I just totally forgot.”

“So, I have to go to her grandfather and all the other males in her family.”

“That’s going to be fun,” she replied, sarcastically.

Bail gulped as Merej let him into the Antilles estate. It had taken Bail a week to get the perfect ring for Breha, then another week to arrange a meeting with Mr. Antilles.

The emotionless butler bowed stiffly as Bail entered. “Welcome Prince Organa. Master Antilles, his son, son-in-law, and all his grandsons are waiting for you in the main sitting room.”

Bail nodded. “Thank you.” He removed his shoes and padded into the main sitting room. There was Riginus Antilles was sitting in his black nurf-hide chair, next to him was Negard and Jobia. Their sons, including now 17-year-old Sofan, were scattered around the room, sitting on the couch and on stools.

“Prince Organa, welcome,” Riginus said. “Please take a seat,” he said, gesturing to the chair next to him.

“Thank you, and please, I’ve told you before, call me Bail,” he said, sitting down.

“Aright, Bail,” Negard said. “We aren’t going to lie here. We all know the queen, my mother and Breha’s mother all met last week and decided that you would propose to Breha.”

Bail nodded. He had been aware of the meeting of the “old ladies” and the outcome. “Yes. And I hope you share the same opinion of me that your wife and daughter-in-law does.”

“What we think doesn’t matter,” Rewan - Raymus’ younger brother - said. “We stand by the women’s’ and Queen Maricia’s opinion of Breha as future queen and, of course, you as her husband. Our concern is Breha.”

“Of course. It is mine as well. Breha and I have discussed marriage at length. I believe it is what she wants.”

“We just want to make sure that when she says yes, that it is what she wants,” Raymus said.

“Breha is a independent woman. She knows what she wants. If she didn’t want to marry me, she would have kicked me to the walk-way by now. If she changes her mind, I’m confident that she will say no.”

All the other men nodded. “Well then, may we see the ring?” Riginus asked.

Bail grinned as he pulled a dark blue cloth sachet out of his pocket. He opened it and pulled out a shining paletonium ring. A ring, in Alderaanian culture, symbolized the man’s love to the woman and she was to wear it at all times after becoming married. The silver sheen of the precious metal danced in the light. A single clear white crystal was inlayed in the centre. “I know it isn’t the biggest rock, but I saw it and it just reminded me of Breha: classical, timeless, beautiful, sophisticated, elegant, and simply perfection.”

Breha walked arm in arm with Bail as they wandered through the open market they had just opened in a grand ceremony. They were on the southern isle of Solina on business - Bail had a few meetings with government representatives here. Breha was just glad to get out of the frozen wasteland that was Aldera. It had been a month since the “marriage talk”. Breha knew the proposal was upon her. She wasn’t supposed to know, but she had an inkling Mazicia had spoken with her mother and grandmother and basically “arranged” their marriage and Bail had gotten “permission” from her grandfather. The steps were all so archaic, but she had nothing to do with them. She was actually kind-of excited for the proposal. Her life was going to be stable. Her future was laid out. It was a bit scary, but she knew her path. Though she hoped he wouldn’t propose here, during some business trip.

“I really want to get something for my mom,” Bail said. “She loves the southern isle provinces and was really disappointed she couldn’t come on this trip.”

Breha nodded. “What about a hair clip?” she suggested. “The southern isle artisans are known -.”

She was suddenly interrupted by someone shouting her name. “Bre! Breha! Brehaha Antilles!”

Bail and their four security guards started to form around her in a protective stance, but she smiled and ran past them and into the arms of a tall blonde man in his mid-20s with a strong face and prominent jaw-line. He was wearing local attire - bright green shorts with a white shirt.

“Sebaste!” she exclaimed with joy.

Chyntuck and AzureAngel2 like this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hello there, I didn't think it was possible, really, but it takes a great deal of talent and mixing to be able to get me to grin and squee with the marriage talk and what Bail said about Breha in the next two scenes to going :oops: and :eek: and [face_nail_biting] in the final one. This Sebaste dude looks like someone Breha might have (probably was) crushing on in the past but their paths took them in different directions. Plus he's about her age, as well. So, to say this complicates things [face_thinking] is a big understatement!

Bail is probably going: Yikes!

Superb stuff getting me to melt and be at the edge of my seat too! ;) =D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.