main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC So my rubbish 2013 goes on...

Discussion in 'Community' started by G-FETT, Jun 23, 2013.

1. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Long time JCC regulars may remember my brother and I have been a little "tense" for some time (basically since he and his then wife were thrown out of their house in 2006)

Anyway, there was a huge bust up between me and him on Wednesday evening (over something insanely trivial to do with our parents changing their telephone provider) when he came storming into my house ranting and raving, saying he was going to "******* kill me" and "******* do me"

He got me pinned up against a door by the throat (think Darth Vader and the rebel trooper in the Blockade Runner, LOL) then he threw me across the living room still screaming at me and hovered over me, fist clenched and face in contorted rage.

He eventually left after realising I wasn't going to fight him (1. I hate violence. 2. He IS stronger than me and would have kicked my head in, LOL) But the whole incident has left me feeling pretty shaken and upset - Not so much at the violence actually (I came out of it remarkably unscathed considering I was literally picked up and thrown across a room) But more because of how he clearly feels about me - I've reached the age of 35 (and he 40) and I've realised my brother actually hates my guts - Thats a pretty tough thing to deal with, especially as I can't for the life of me understand what I could possibly have done to promote such hate - I think (hope) that I'm really quite a decent/nice person, LOL...

Last night I was feeling so depressed and fed up that I started drinking again (long term JCC Regulars will also know that I'm not supposed to drink at all since developing a pre cancerous condition in my mouth) That was the first time I'd touched a drop since January.

So yeah, overall feeling pretty **** again.

Hoping for some more good JC vibes - Seemed to work with the cancer scare. [:D]

2. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    This is pretty awful. :( I really don't know what to say, so I'll just send some virtual hugs your way:

[:D][:D][:D]

G-FETT likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hang in there G-FETT. :(. I am sorry you're dealing with so much.

G-FETT likes this.
  4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Never had such a thing happen to me but it's time like this when I relize I am better off alone. Now put the bottle down.

[​IMG]

G-FETT likes this.
  5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Thanks all. Feeling better already. [:D]

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    G-FETT- from the sound of your post, it sounds like your brother's really got some demons. I hope that 1) that you find some peace, and hopefully we can provide some around here, and 2) that your brother gets some help and realizes the damage he's done.

Hang in there, keep your head up.

G-FETT likes this.
  7. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Thanks Heels. :)

Clearly my brother has "issue's" but I can't actually think what his problem is and specifically what it is with me. I guess at some point I'm going to have to ask him exactly what his problem is, because you obviously don't threaten to kill someone and throw them across a room because of a silly arguement over phone line...

8. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    G-FETT, allow me to buy you a meal or a beer late January. I'll be travelling through the UK from 22 July and would consider it an honour.

G-FETT likes this.
  9. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    It might be a bit harsh advice but - I've been in that position a couple of times. Choked, attacked, thrown, hit, etc. all of that. Granted it wasn't ever by a family member but sometimes very close people, and I kind of know that feel. Obviously you don't deserve being treated like that, no one can do anything that deserves that as a consequence (unless I guess if you were someone who did it to others). Have some sympathy for yourself and take the time to recover, but don't resort to something selfish like a past addiction. You need to self pity, but you need the right kind. Pick yourself up, ask someone for a hug if you have friends who will lend an ear, buy a pint of ice cream and hug a kitten. Resorting to drinking if you're not meant to is silly and you know that.

10. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Brothers fight. It happens. Maybe he was drinking and acted out of control a bit. Just worry about yourself right now. You need to take care of yourself.

G-FETT likes this.
  11. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I tend with heels1785 that your brother may need some kind of professional help (as one doesn't tend to fly off the handle do bodily harm and threaten to kill a family member over a trivial thing as a telephone number change). However, you need also need take care of yourself right now. Hugs and good vibes sent your way.[:D]

12. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Ultimately, you have to realize that the brief comfort of alcohol is nothing compared to the exhilarating sense of victory when you fight off the urge to drink. Nothing beats a natural high. You have to choose between misery and joy, it's as simple as that.

Your brother isn't going to give you any answers. Bypass him. Let your parents intermediate. If they can help, good. If they resist, you've found at least one source of your gloom. (Usually all one's problems can be traced back to just a few root problems. Try and find those. It can be very rewarding.)

G-FETT, tom and DarthTunick like this.
  13. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    i have an aunt who is a similar level of crazy to your brother. i know just how hard it can be when your relationship with family degrades to a dripping poisonous hatred. being subject to that hatred can feel downright awful. it honestly sounds like you don't deserve this level of malice, and the fact that you are nonetheless receiving it is downright crappy. i'm sorry you have to deal with this ****.

but you do have to deal with it. and it is important that you deal with it carefully and correctly. and slg and debo have it spot on. keep hold of the important goals in your life. you've slipped on the abstinance, and that's okay. i understand why, because i have been there myself. but i promise you the very best thing for you to do is get it out of your system. if you're drunk now, just stop. drink some water or do whatever you have to do to cut the bite of the addiction, and sober up. and once you're sober, stay that way.

you made it six months before, so i know you can do it again. do not let your self-conviction falter because of this thing. you have the power to control it. regain that control, clear your mind, and i know that you will find the way through this.

G-FETT and Ender_Sai like this.
  14. JangoMike

JangoMike Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Damn man, thats hard. I am really sorry to hear you are going through this kind of turmoil. I wish you nothing but the best and I really hope things get better for you.....

G-FETT likes this.
  15. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    This **** happens, sadly. My 2 brothers in law had a punch up in my house a month or two back. The wives got shoved about in between it all. Traumatised my kids, their kids, and the 12 yo japanese exchange students who were staying with my mother in law. I'm still pissed about the whole thing. Anyway, sympathies, family members can be ******* idiots. Hope you can remove yourself from the situation, as you're never going to fix it on your own. A bit of time helps for a while, but doesn't resolve anything, sadly.

G-FETT likes this.
  16. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Hey Ender. That sounds great. :) We'll have to make it happen.:D

Thanks all. :) The thing with the wine on Saturday night was a momentary lapse. I actually only drank a glass and a bit then tipped the rest away - It's funny because when you've been off it for months (and it's the same with smoking - or so I've been told) when you go back to it, it just doesn't hold the same appeal.

Thanks all. Feeling a lot brighter today - Had my first decent nights sleep since it happened last night, which has helped a lot.

[:D]

Master_Jacen likes this.
  17. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    What?

Master_Jacen likes this.
  18. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Last night he had his first decent night's sleep since it happened. :p

Master_Jacen likes this.
  19. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Thanks JP. :)

Yeah, I thought I might leave it a week or so and then see if he'll meet up to talk (in a public place obviously ;) )

20. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Oh I thought he was saying it happened last night and he just had his first decent night's sleep since.

21. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    No, last night I slept well - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Where-as every other night since it happened on Wednesday evening I've been sleeping badly- zzz : zzz : zzz, etc....

22. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    In Rachel We Trust

G-FETT likes this.
  23. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It's a shame when siblings fight, especially if they were once close when growing up like some people I know who fell out.

You can only hope that someone talks them round, maybe other family or friends. It's not good to have divided family on the whole, I hope you can resolve your differences.

G-FETT likes this.
  24. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Sucks to be going through this so soon after the cancer scare. [:D] [:D]

Sounds like your brother has some major issues and you shouldn't be beating yourself up over it or worse, let it lead you down a very self destructive path. Sadly we can't chose family.

G-FETT likes this.
  25. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Well, my brother turned up earlier. Completely ashen faced, tears rolling down his face and full of remorse.

According to him everything just came to a crisis on Wednesday evening and I found myself on the recieving end.

He'd been getting grief about something from his ex-wife, his 11 year old son had done badly at a spelling test and it all just came to a head.

He's apologised, promised me that it will never happen again and begged my forgiveness.

I've told him it's all OK. While I still feel depressed by what he did I think the best thing is to put it behind us - I know thats best for my parents who are both getting quite elderly and not in particularly good health.

Mind you, while I am putting it behind me I'll never look at him the same way and I'll always be wary. I know it's easy for violent people to be remorseful after the event, but it doesn't stop them lashing out in the future, so for sure I'm going to be on my guard with him from now on.

Thanks for all the advice and good vibes guys. It's funny how things always seem to start picking up when you guys start sending my your good vibes.[:D]

VadersLaMent likes this.