main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST So now that we've seen the movie... (Mystery Box debunked)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Mick RcCallum, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mick RcCallum

Mick RcCallum Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 14, 2015
    I thought SW TFA was supposed to be uber-secretive but after all of the teasers, trailers, TV spots, interviews, articles, and merchandise releases, now I feel that (with the exception of Snoke) I've already "seen" the movie.

Sure, the spoilers from MSW have fleshed out what we've been given officially, but still I feel all the official info that has been released is pretty revealing.

So, for all the talk in the past about JJ's Mystery Box, I say b.s. - this guy doesn't care about "not spoiling" the audience NEARLY as much as people say he does.

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  2. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    Someone said something similar to the star wars twitter ..and their response was..

" You've seen barely anything yet..."

Jcuk, dlbates, El_Machete12 and 11 others like this.
  3. Bazookaleffe

Bazookaleffe Jedi Master star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    You feel like you've seen a lot since you've read the spoilers from MSW. Ask my friends who has only watched the trailers + tv spots and they have no clue what's gonna happen.

4. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    The mystery box thing worked until the main trailer to keep feeding the curiosity beast. Now, at 5 weeks out, it's all about feeding the curiosity and hype beast in small increments every few days. We're up to about, what, 4% of the movie exposed in trailers and tv spots and behind the scenes specials, etc? We'll probably see another 1-2% of it by December 16.

TX-20 and Darth Haggai like this.
  5. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

I've stopped watching the tv spots. I don't want to see/know anymore. I'm treading carefully through this forum until December 18th

6. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    There is so much vital plot information we don't know I feel oddly unspoiled.

Zikri, EviL_eLF and TK327 like this.
  7. Zev.Love.X

Zev.Love.X Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2015
    Well. I think having access to the call sheets, then seeing a small amount if that info verified, has made some of us feel like we know everything. And indeed we know a little bit about most of the film.

But in reality? I think there is a LOT to be seen and heard still under wraps.

8. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    You're choosing to read spoilers
    You're choosing to watch trailers
    You're choosing to watch TV spots

No one is forcing you to do this.

9. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I don't really feel spoiled by the TV spots at all. They don't reveal much in the way of story or plot developments, and based off of the outline we've put together from leaks, there's more than enough that we haven't seen glimpses of yet.

TX-20 and dekaneas like this.
  10. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
    Most people have no clue. Hard core fans like us have a little bit more of a clue. I feel we're still missing a lot.

Lobot_the_Jedi likes this.
  11. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014

If you add up all the footage that has been released it comes out to what?...maybe 10 minutes worth?

Jedi Merkurian and EHT like this.
  12. Strange Old Hermit

Strange Old Hermit Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 17, 2015
    You've seen maybe 5 minutes of total footage, out of 2 hours and 16 minutes. 3.67% of the movie. Some of you really need to chill out with the hyperbole.

13. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    Take it from an old hand: We know less about TFA now (with 35 days left before the release) than we did about any of the prequels 35 days before their release. Consider that the novelization of each of the prequels was released a full month before the movie was released. We pretty much knew 100% of the movies a full month before watching them. I remember reading the leaked script of AOTC before AOTC hit theatres.

Long before now we also knew the full text of the opening crawl for each of the prequels. Not only do we not know that for TFA, we don't even know it there is an opening crawl.

14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I think a lot of people who think they're really spoiled for this actually know a lot less than they think they do.

15. Zev.Love.X

Zev.Love.X Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2015
    You said it.

We have what? A couple dozen lines of dialogue? Forget about it. We have the basic sequence of the movie, maybe 60 shots / 5 minutes of film? And NO context. I'm excited. If I had read the entire script that would not be the case.

EHT and Artoo-Dion like this.
  16. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    We don't even know who the lead protagonist Rey really is…

EviL_eLF and Team Padme like this.
  17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Wait you guys haven't seen the movie yet? It was pretty good. The Jabba revelation was pretty shocking though.

18. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    People who have not read any spoilers are clueless of what the movie is about. Heck even us spoiled fans really don't know how the movie is going to end #Reysparents

19. PaperSkin

PaperSkin Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 12, 2015
    A hyperbole thread, pure click baiting, ridiculous over-reaction.

Some of the threads/posts on this site have to be read to be believed, tosh.

20. Trooper100471

Trooper100471 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2015
    As much as I am surprised by the amount of footage they are showing, I think by showing different shots from a few chosen scenes, they are not giving too much away.

21. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Man you guys are tough to please. You are in a spoilers forum and you are complaining you know too much.

If you all saw was the teasers and trailer, you'd still have no clue what's going on.

Darth Calvin, EviL_eLF, Avnar and 2 others like this.
  22. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Notice how they keep showing clips from the same few scenes.

23. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Okay, so enlighten us:
    Who is Rey?
    Who is Finn?
    Which one of them is Force Sensitive?
    Who dies?
    What does Snoke look like?
    What is Maz Kanata actually?
    Where is Luke?

Cause we still kinda don't know all of these 100% despite having access to ungodly ammounts of leaked stuff.

Lobot_the_Jedi and Avnar like this.
  24. DashRender90

DashRender90 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2015
    Every single person I talk to who HASN'T read the MSW spoilers has no idea what the movie is about. The only reason you know is because you have the context of the entire leaked plot outline, which JJ and Lucasfilm can't do anything about.

bluecadet3 likes this.
  25. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
    We don't know anything. All the clips are in the same locations, and there's only soundbite levels of dialogue.

T-R- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.