1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:WA So - seriously - anyone up for paintball?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Saintheart, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Master

star 4
    What could be more fun than Nerf?

Oh... anything!

2. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Doing it with real walls, real armour and guys who look like real orcs would have been a lot more fun than nerf I expect.

Obviously you've never seen any of the docos on TTT, specifically the bit about Helm's Deeps' 3 months of night shoots....
  3. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah being wet and miserable and dressed in pounds of armour and latex would kinda suck fro three months of night shoots- Although Viggo tried to keep spirts up the whole time!
  4. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I have so much respect for those guys. every single one of them. to go through all of that just for a movie is just amazing.
  5. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    to go through all of that just for a movie is just amazing.

...and a paycheck.
  6. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    oh yeah, there is that :p
  7. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Master

star 4
  8. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    mmmmmmm ..... money .... :p

anyway, so what have we decided upon for thy paintball hysteria?
  9. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    Cant, computers just packed it in AGAIN. Just cannot afford to do anything at the moment :(
  10. JayaMioneDurron Jedi Master

star 3
    out of intrest Saintheart what group did u source out the $20 per head at cause the last time i went it was 70 per person and you still had to bye the rounds. i think it was something like $15 for 100 and $50 for 500. i think those figures are estimates, neway it ended up costing me like 140 bucks so if u could please pm me the info of that group it would be greatly appreciated.
  11. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    I think the indoor one in Malaga is pretty cheap and around that range. Someone I know goes there a lot. Personally I think an outdoor one would be more fun but I haven't tried either. I think indoor wouldn't be that much different from Zone 3.
  12. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Only benifit for Indoor paintballing is 'speedball' which is obviously a very fast paced style of playing with less cover.
    Not very fun for amatures/people knew to the game.
  13. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    Well, here's the situation on the paintball front:

Given the way the weather's been for the past couple of weeks (and the fact we're in winter) I'm thinking that it's a bit risky to try and organise Paintball for the next month or so.

However: I have made a booking for twenty at Dark Zone, at the Southlands Shopping Centre, Burrendah Boulevard, Willetton for this Sunday, 19 June 2005[b/] from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. That's time enough for four games of half an hour each, at a cost of $27.00 per person for inclusion all four games.

There's a couple of reasons I picked this venue and this time:

(1) Dark Zone at Northbridge can't fit a group of 20 in at any reasonable time on Sunday otherwise;
    (2) If you (or whoever) have an Entertainment voucher book, it contains a voucher for Dark Zone that takes 25% off the price for 8 people playing the first game.
    (3) I can't remember if it's a COTS Sunday, but the time slot avoids COTS from what I can see;
    (4) Willetton's not unreachable (as far as I remember) to most folks; and
    (5) It's my birthday on 19 June 2005.

So, I'm taking the first 20 people to confirm attendance at this date and time. In addition, I have a discount vouchers as mentioned above, so I've got spots for 7 other people on my ticket who'll pay 25% off the first game because they're coming in on my voucher, which should take the cost down by at least a couple of dollars.

Give me a call on 0400 256 259 if you're up for this and want to book a spot, or PM, or post in here. Look forward to seeing everyone!
  14. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm in :D It's just down the road from me, I can afford it ... and my birthday is two days later ;)
  15. Master_Kaustin Jedi Knight

star 3
    Im out for sunday.. as i have to work :( meh!
  16. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, sorry to say that Soup and I are out for the same reason. He's working, and I'm getting money. Hope you have a great day anyway Saint.
  17. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
  18. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Those who are going, I might pop in to see epiii again at the cinema right next door afterwards, anyone interested to do that? oh and there's a nice little foodhall next to it aswell, a great icecream place, so it should be a good day all in all :)
  19. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.