main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So should i go spoiler free?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by LordSilvertouch, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    I was spoiler free for Eppy One and Two, should i go spoiler free for three as well?

2. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    well did you find being spoiler free for the other films beneficial?

If so then be spoiler free. :)

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    YES, LordSilvertouch, you must go spoiler-free.

This is the end of an era, the last SW film.

Let yourself be transported back to a time before the internet ruled our lives, and you went into a movie knowing almost nothing.

Imagine seeing 2 blue lightsabers clashing for the first (and last) time ever, and being shocked with the intensity of your emotions.

It will be worth it in the end.

Come with me if you want to live. ;)

4. LordSilvertouch

Apr 19, 2003
    Hmm... I've never been spoiled throug ha film before. I wish i'd done spoilers for Episode Two, then i could decide which way was best for Episode III.

Has anyone here done both who can advise me on the different aspects of them?

5. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    I'd say go spoiler free.

You have nothing to lose by doing it.

And if you don't go spoiler free, you will lose the final chance to do it.

6. the-dork-knight

the-dork-knight Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 14, 2003
    With me, spoilers are kind of like heroin. I always say that I'm not gonna touch'em anymore but sure enough I go see those spies/dealers at TFN main and I run right back for my fix. I always wish I hadn't. I once got weak and clicked a seemingly harmless picture link and, sure enough, there was a full color pic of Dooku cutting off Anakin's arm a full two or three months before AOTC. That ticked me off to no end. I also foolishly bought the TPM novel before I saw the film and, sure enough, I read the good parts before the film. Definitely detracted from the experience for me. I'm too weak to resist spoilers. It's too late for me! SAVE YOURSELF!

7. Darth_Goofy

Darth_Goofy Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2001
    I went spoiler free for TPM, but I was spoiled for AOTC. While I consider AOTC to be the better movie, there were a lot more surprises in TPM, which made for a fun experience.

It really kinda depends on your own personal opinions. Some people like the feeling of knowing exactly what's going to happen, and the anticipation that goes with it. Others like to get some shocks out of the movie. Either way, it's fun. :)

8. LordSilvertouch

Apr 19, 2003
    That's the answer i thought it would be :)

9. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    <<<< AOTC spoiler whore

Big mistake. I liked my first AotC experience in the theater, but TPM was far more enjoyable in the sense that AotC hardly took me by surprise, at least plot-wise. The effects still blew me away, though.

10. Jedi_Lord_Windu

Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    ive been spoiler free for all the movies and ill be that way for episode 3 as well, it just makes the movie so much more shocking and in turn, enjoyable when you dont know exactly how the movie will play out, i just hope windy and co can keep this forum spoiler free, im sure itll be tuff going down the stretch here in about a year, but you guys can do it......you can do it alllll nighht long!!!!! hahaa

11. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    it is too late for me

vader in rotj

actually I am doing much better then I did for aotc. I knew everything before going in.

I knew nothing before tpm which made me enjoy itmuch more.

I am trying this time.

just not very well.

12. bedada3

bedada3 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    Maybe I'm missing something... to me, "spoiler-free" suggests a 100% deal.

Hence, it isn't possible to be spoiler-free. I mean look at your icon! Anakin with the Patrick Swayze hairstyle!

13. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    well, that's the real trick now, isn't it?

That's what makes stinrab's and windy's jobs so difficult, because spoilers are so subjective.

Generally speaking, the OS doesn't give away the most juicy spoilers - that's reserved for Spy Reports.

So before this year, any OS info, whether it be character announcements, pics, or whatever, were NOT considered spoiler material.

Yet when the official site announced a certain character for Episode III, many people in this forum were upset at learning about it.

So we had a big debate and the mods decided to change the spoiler policy.

Of course you're not going to get 100% spoiler free.

I've already read some stuff in the Set Diaries and LFL webchats that means I'm not 100% spoiler free, but it's at a very vague level for me - enough to make me excited, but not enough to ruin the experience of the movie.

I have friends who want to know absolutely nothing, not a single detail.

For them, even seeing Anakin's hair in the movie should be seen opening night on the big screen.

Every unknown detail adds excitement and emotion to opening night.

Don't get me wrong, spoiler people can still enjoy the movies.

I've read LOTR about 50 times, so I know everything that's going to happen, yet I simply enjoy seeing how PJ pulls a particular scene off.

At the same time, I got pretty ticked off at TTT b/c PJ strayed from the novel so often - people I talked to who hadn't read the book thought TTT was better than FOTR, people who had read the book generally thought FOTR was better.

I don't mean to talk too much about LOTR, just trying to relate my own experience with spoilers.

14. Kit-Fisto7BA

Kit-Fisto7BA Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2003
    I was about to go for spoilers a long time ago for Episode III,but then I realized that since this is the last SW film that I should go spoiler free like I did for the other two prequels.

Don't give into spoilers!

15. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    I dabbled in spoilers here and there before I came in here. But, back then, I think I only read 1 spy report, the others were just rumours. But, now I'm glad I'm spoiler free. Not only does this forum feel like more of a community, but I'll know I'll go into E3 knowing nothing, like I did for AotC and TPM.

16. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I'd say, try to avoid spoilers as much as possible, but don't angst if you do see something.

I'm generally avoiding spoilers, but I decided to take a look at the recent batch of Ep3 pictures (Anakin and so on) and I'll have no problems watching the first teaser trailer when it comes out in about a year's time.

Some things are going to be incredibly hard to avoid. So long as you can avoid plot details, that's the main thing in my book.

Oh, and if the Ep3 soundtrack comes out a month or two before the film, I'd definitely recommend you wait until you've seen the film before getting it :D

17. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I knew everything about Ep 1 and Ep 2 when seeing them so I'm trying to stay spoiler free for Episode 3.

I think if you were spoiler free for Ep 1 and Ep 2 then get into the spoilers for Episode 3.

18. CCK

CCK Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    you gotta go spoiler free!!!
    like many others said above, i liked AOTC better than TPM, but i was way more spoiled for AOTC and seeing TPM was more exciting in a way...i am really excited to be as spoiler free as possible for the last great star wars experience!!! i might even stop comming here soon, as things get revealed on the official site, i really don't want to know anything!!!
    that said, i don't think i can resist watching the trailer whenever it comes out...maybe i'll close my eyes in the theatre!!! uh...probably not...

19. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Imagine seeing 2 blue lightsabers clashing for the first (and last) time ever

PPOR.

And if you HAVE proof, it's a spoiler.

[face_devil]

Rick McCallum loves you!

20. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Why?

It's complete speculation.

There was a thread a while back where someone thought "Hey! For the first time in a SW film, we could see a duel between 2 Blue lightsabers!"

So we all said, yes, that would be a worthy sight.

Now I'm just using that as the type of info you wouldn't want to know beforehand, b/c it would greatly reduce the emotional impact.

And I would bet that is the type of thing they would show in the trailers.

21. Zappadog0

Zappadog0 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm just coming over from the spoiler forum because I can't take it anymore. I want to enjoy these movies without knowing what's coming.

22. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I was reminded last night while watching the ER preimiere why I love being spoiler free so much. It's so much better to have things be a surprise.

Unforunately, even just through this forums *cough*Hyperspace thread!*cough* I've already been slightly spoiled. I decided I don't want to know anything more than I already do, though. I was only spoiled about Boba Fett for AOTC and nothing for TPM and it was really great on both accounts. So I don't want to know anything else besides the vague details I already know. But I'll still be watching trailers, that's part of the build-up for me :D

-sj loves kevin spacey

23. Darth-Dispicable

Darth-Dispicable Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2003
    Being spoiler free rocks!! The first time you see the film you will be shocked, every event and new character is awe inspiring. I have never been spoiled for a SW film, but I imagine that it would take a lot of the fun out of the first viewing of the film.

24. jxchamb

jxchamb Jedi Master star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    go spoiler free before it's too late. I have been spoiled thus far and I regret knowing what I know. Watching previews and trailers next year is fine but Spy Reports can ruin the real suprises that are supposed to be kept hidden until the release.

25. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Well, it seems to me the question is... do you want to go spoiler free?

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.