main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So should i go spoiler free?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by LordSilvertouch, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    So should i go spoiler free?

It depends on whether or not you want to know that Yoda is Luke's father and that Chancellor Palpatine is actually IG-88 in an elaborate disguise...

2. Darth_Goofy

Darth_Goofy Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2001
    OMG!!1! SPOILERS! BAN HIM! BAAAAN HIIIIIMM!!!1!!

3. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    I am going spoiler free for this movie. The only thing I read are official sources or bits and pieces of spy reports that don't reveal plot points.

I was way more spoiled for AOTC than TPM but that is because I was not even a fan of Star Wars until a month before TPM. So I didn't even watch the trailers for the most part! The surprise factor was much greater for TPM even though I liked AOTC more.

I hope to split the difference for Episode III (this is my first post to this forum in a really long time). If you are serious about not getting spoiled, you should leave theforce.net. Especially this forum (we are sort of sitting ducks, ask Mace Windy about how the trolls came out to play four weeks before AOTC's release)

There are other movies to distract you in the meantime. So when does revolutions come out anyway ;)

--Joey

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yes, there's a few threads in this forum you should check out before you make your decision.

I.e. regarding spoiler policy, "offical _____ threads", etc.

Also, I would not visit theforce.net's main page - I've bookmarked specific aspects of it like the video game section, etc.

Also, you MUST avoid sites like ain't it cool news, dark horizons, cinescape.

They will post juicy tidbits that may or may not be true, and they generally don't give a darn about warning for spoilers.

5. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    Right, thanks.

Have decided to go Spoiler Free for Episode III, Rebel Strike, but sadly have been hugely spoiled by finding entire plot to Revolutions! :(

Oh well, guess i'm gonna be staying a little further from these boards than i have done. Thanks guys.

6. Jedi_Lord_Windu

Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    id go spoiler free, i have done it that way for all the prequels and ive been absolutly satisfied and shocked by both of em so far, hey i forget who sed this, but what about trolls 4 weeks b4 episode 2 came out? should i avoid all these boards right before the movie comes out?

7. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I'm beginning to wonder myself - there was a troll in this forum earlier today, but our lovely mods took care of it quickly.

I did see topic titles I would rather not have seen, but I'm assuming he was making it up to make us angry.

But one more BAD case of trolling and I might leave.

8. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Don't believe what you saw. He was just trying to cause a fuss (definition of a troll)

9. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    and you went into a movie knowing almost nothing
    I agree, people didn't have this problem except for that annoying friend that walks out of ESB shouting:

I can't believe Darth Vader is Luke's father!

"is the SPOILER side stronger?"
    No, quicker...easier more seductive!
    "Then how will I know how much to learn about the movie?
    You will know, when you are calm...at peace...reading only news from stuff like Star Wars Insider and starwars.com, because it would be stupid for GL to give all his surprises away before people go to the theaters!

10. LordSilvertouch

Apr 19, 2003
    You idiot you just gave the plot of ESB away!! :p

No offence meant :)

11. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    :_| I missed the troll!

:p

12. LordSilvertouch

Apr 19, 2003
    heheh Stupid troll.

13. Master_Sidious

Master_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2003
    I agree, people didn't have this problem except for that annoying friend that walks out of ESB shouting:

I can't believe Darth Vader is Luke's father!

Excellent Simpson's reference. One of my favorite episodes.

I was in the Spoiler Forum a few months back, but decided not too ruin it. I was Spoiler Free for EP1 and EPII so I may as well be free for III.

14. zaphod_beeblebrox

zaphod_beeblebrox Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2001
    I'm at the same cross-roads, if I do go spiler-free, I ought to do it now.
    What do I do, what do I do?

15. Malshabek

Malshabek Jedi Master star 6

Oct 10, 2002
    LordSilvertouch: "You must do what you feel is right, of course." -Obi-wan-

16. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    well Zaphod (nice name, BTW), I'd just go through the 2 or so pages in this thread and read them.

It was all covered when Silvertouch brought up the debate.

I think for Episode III, the last SW movie ever, it would be best to be as spoiler-free as possible.

SW is excitement - and this is your last chance to feel like you did when you saw the OT as a little kid.

I wasn't spoiled at all for TPM, and I have to admit, even though I later had reservations about it, after I saw it for the first time, I was blown away.

For AOTC, I knew the very basic plot and OS info, and I was even more blown away.

It truly is up to you - I really enjoy learning new info about the movie, b/c it's really exciting. But I think giving all that up will be worth it come May 2005.

17. zaphod_beeblebrox

zaphod_beeblebrox Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2001
    Thanks, I trust you know what my name's from, and you don't just like it because it sounds nice.

18. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    but of course!

I actually used that name in another message board. ;)

Actually, it would have been funny if Lucas had made President Beeblebrox instead of Chancellor Valorum in TPM.

19. LordSilvertouch

Apr 19, 2003
    hehhehe Would have been really funny reference, huh?

20. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    No Silvertouch I tried and found out it wasn't easy you Don't know the power of the darkside!!!!!!!!! stay with us in the spoiler forum

21. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    I was totally spoiled for TPM and AOTC, in fact I bought and read the novelizations the very first day they were available. So I knew the whole plot of both movies. But it didn't really "spoil" the movies for me -- I was still totally blown away by the music, the sounds, the visuals, the SFX, etc., so knowing the plot in advance wasn't a problem. In fact, in a lot of ways, reading the novels first kind of helped. I feel I had a better understanding of what was going on, because, of course, a novel can go into much more detail than a movie.

That being said, I decided to go the unspoiled route for E3. After an absence of over a year, I returned to these forums about a week ago, and I immediately went to the 3SA forum and read everything. Of course, it's a little early to worry about being totally spoiled at this point. The only "spoilers" they have on the "spoilers" forum are excerpts from the Official Site's "Hyperspace" and Star Wars Insider and similar magazines. There just isn't very much confirmed information available at this point, and so-called "Spy Reports" can be taken with a few pounds of salt. (A year and a half out, the "spy reports" for Eps I and II were often proven to be false, so I'm skeptical about such things at this point.)

So, at this point, maybe I consider myself about 5% spoiled. I'll stick to this forum from now on, as I don't want to be spoiled any further. I'll watch all the trailers, and I'll probably re-start my SWI subscription, just because I'm so curious about the visual aspects. Otherwise, I have no desire to know the plot points of E3 in advance. I want to have this one last chance to go into the "last" SW movie with very little fore-knowlege.

I am not going to bother to pay the dumb $20 to subscribe to the Hyperspace thingy on the OS. I suspect I'll read about it here in this forum. So, I won't be able to see the pictures. Big deal. I'll still go to the "spoilers" forum from time to time, but I'll be very selective about which threads I'll open. As I said, not much is being given away at this early date, so there's lots of good speculation going on in most of the threads.

22. Darth_Goofy

Darth_Goofy Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2001
    Hey jasman, nice to see you around these parts! :) We're a funny lil' group of people, but you'll learn to love us. 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.