main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So tell me...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RoninBuddha, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoninBuddha

RoninBuddha Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2005
    ...why exactly were "Battle for Endor" and "Caravan of Courage" invented? Whose genius idea was that?! I want those precious hours of my life back for watching this proverbial wankfest.

Mace is a little princess and a disgrace to the name. Teek is salacious crumb on speed. Noah is as cool as a sweaty fat man in a sauna burning in fire and brimstone. And the bad guys, whatever there names were, are as badass as William Hung in a diaper chewing fairy flavored bubble gum while rocking out to Aaron Carter's greatest hits. Not to mention I could make better animation on Paint(the program) while on crack(the drug).

And WHY IN GOD'S NAME are their HORSES?! IN THE STAR WARS UNIVERSE?! It shouldn't even be allowed to defamate the Star Wars name, they should be entitled:

"Useless Tale of Uselessness Vol. I and II"

For shame, Lucas.

For shame.

2. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    You haven't seen the Holiday Special, have you?

3. RoninBuddha

Oct 11, 2005
    Thankfully, I have not. Nor do I mean to.

4. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    And why shouldn't there be horses in the GFFA? We know there are dogs and ducks.

5. RoninBuddha

Oct 11, 2005
    Because...stone cold said so.

6. TheWookiee

TheWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    No offense, but I think you are taking things a little too seriously. Caravan of Courage and The Battle for Endor were created for the purpose of being good family entertainment in the 80's. Can you honestly find many TV productions today that attempt this, much less a TV movie? And, you seem to be comaparing these films with the six main star wars films, which is not what you are supposed to do. These films are SET in the Star Wars universe, that is all. Remember the film Soldier from 1998? It was set in the same universe as Blade Runner, yet it wasn't meant to be on the same level as BR. Same situation here.

7. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    I always wonder why everybody always notices Panaka's line about ducks but completely overlook the fact that the most famous ship in GFFA is called Millenium Falcon.

8. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Those two were pretty good when they came out. In fact, both won emmy awards for special effects, and were considered very good children programming. There old, but very good gems.

9. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    There are statues of horses on Naboo.

10. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    My point exactly!

11. RoninBuddha

Oct 11, 2005
    SHUT UP!

/arnold

12. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
  13. RoninBuddha

Oct 11, 2005
    Then I regret to inform you that you will not be saved when Armageddon dawns upon the human race.

14. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Quit spamming, or else malkie will pay a visit and it will be you who gets destroyed.

15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Come on guys, stop feeding the troll!

EDIT: "come one guys" :p

16. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    Regarding Panaka's line about sitting ducks there is an entry is the OS databank on Naboo ducks.

17. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    You are a troll. If you don't like the ewok movies, then great. But don't come on asking our opinions and then bashing us if we differ from you.

18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Ronin- behave or you'll be earning a short vacation.

19. RoninBuddha

Oct 11, 2005
    Yes masa.

20. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    And humans. If they have humans, why not other earth animals.

21. sithmastersimon

sithmastersimon Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    Wow I never actually took notice of Panakas' line about ducks before

The 2 Ewok movies are in my opinion awesome lighthearted entertainment, I enjoyed them when I was a little kid and I still enjoy them today, as soon as the DVD was released I HAD to have it, nuff said

Oh yeah and the Ewok and Droid cartoons rock as well!

22. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    Exactly.

23. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    I agree completely.
    Though I've never head anyone call Jackson a "little princess", it does fit quite well.

24. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    If anyone told Mace Windu that, he'd go all Vapaad on their ass! [face_laugh]

25. invader_jenny

invader_jenny Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2005

Well it can go along the same lines as why Wedge plans to meet Luke at the "rendezvous." That always threw me out of my element. Since when do people in the Star Wars universe speak french?

You have to think about it like this. Star wars is a story. And to tell a story you need language. In the english language there is no single word for "pre determined meeting place." We use the french word because our language sucks. So when telling an old story (this did happen a long time ago) you tell it like an oral tradition. So that is why they can say "rendezvous" and "sitting duck." They are just english words used to express meaning. I'm sure if Star Wars were based on reality they would have spoken a different language in their universe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.