main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So... that was 2006...

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by TK_Four_Two_One, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    How was it for everyone? Did anyone achieve anything they decided they would at the start of the year? What were yer highs and what were yer lows? What do you hope for 2007 in your personal life (and I don't mean resolutions as we generally dont stick to them)?

Personally this year has ended on a low as my dad collapsed a week before xmas but he seems on the mend thankfully- the rest of the year is kind of a blur right now due to my dad being ill and my head being melted, so I'm not really thinking back too far.

I also think its a good time to put past grievances behind you. Out with the old and in with the new. I know its cliched and sounds sentimental but to me it's a great time to wipe the slate clean. I know I will in my personal life. And... I will admit I need to apologise to two people on here who, in hindsight, I might have been a bit hard with at times- and this goes to JONJEDI and Mustafar- though the later knows he's a bit of a stirrer ;). Both good guys (when Jon's not going on about Liverpool with his blinker's on :p - I argue all the time with my Liverpool mates over here lol) and I feel I might have been somewhat abrupt with both. I know this isnt real life and generally people dont care (as they shouldnt) but I thought I would just mention it.

So go ahead... if ya have the balls to wipe a slate clean with someone... it takes a bigger person to admit when they may have been wrong. ;)

Anyway, for 2007 I look forward so much the smoking ban here in April! :D (And please dont turn this into a smoking debate :p). Nothing else I can think of at the mo.

So... happy new year!!! :)

PS Tim- the birds thread ya locked was just a bit of banter- nothing personal- as Yoshee can vouch- he had to tell me of for worse! :p

2. clonetrooper1

clonetrooper1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2005
    2006 was a very bumpy year for me and 2007 just gets worse

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I won't tell you about 2006 until it is actually over :p

4. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    Overall a crap year! 80% of it was just complete **** and full of failures, arguments, disappointments, falling outs, regrets and deaths. It?s like everything bad that can happen to a person has all happened together in this one year for me. Although there has been some good stuff, in a way I think all this bad stuff has changed me as a person. I feel I have grown up a lot in just these last few months I?ve had to reflect on everything. So hopefully everything bad is behind me and I can look forward to a new year as a new person and like you said TK, wipe the slate clean and start again.

And don?t worry TK, I can handle a joke (believe it or not :p). And when I?m at Old Trafford next week in the FA Cup third round I?ll make sure the players hear what I think about them. ;) (Yes, me at a Man U game :eek:)

I?ve also done some stuff this year too that I thought I would never do too. I grew my hair long which I?m quite proud of, although its all been cut off now and I dressed up as women and danced on a stage in front of 250 people. :eek:

So here?s too a happy new year and a bright 2007! :)

And for your viewing pleasure, 3 sexy ladies. (Especially the one on the right ;))

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/JonJediLFC/prettywomen.jpg]

5. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    The year was great until September, then it all went pear-shaped. But I'm getting over it all now. No resolutions this year. Just gonna take things a day at a time and see how things turn out.

6. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    Overall, a strange year for me, don't really know how sum it up

The Good:
    - Finally leaving school in the summer having completed my A Levels.
    - Developing myself as a person, gaining new qualifications, making myself useful in the community and meeting lots of great people on a Prince's Trust Course i've done recently.
    - Finally getting a girlfriend [face_blush]
    - A fantastic World Cup in the summer (and not just coz my beloved Italy won it!).

The Bad:
    - Being unemployed for half the year and struggling to find a job.

Can't really think of anything else significantly good or bad.

I'm planning to start fresh in 2007 and really kick myself up the arse. If all goes to plan I will have a job soon and a car will follow, fingers crossed.

Happy New Year to all of you and best wishes for 2007.

7. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Don't worry TK, never took it as personal from you ;) You are ok by me mate.

Hope 2007 is great for everyone on here :D
    And we all make mistakes TK ;)

Happy New Year Fan Force UK :D

8. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Well I wont miss 2006 looking foward to 2007!!! :)

9. clonetrooper1

clonetrooper1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2005
    Happy new year everyone

10. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Happy New Year everyone and a Happy Birthday to Star Wars!!! :D

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Happy New Year to you all [face_peace]

12. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    Christ Tim- I'd use innuendo in front of the Queen or the Pope if I seen the window of opportunity! :p It's like Dougal from Father Ted and that button on the plane that he shouldnt push- I just gotta push it!! :p

Anyway...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! "And may your God go with you" wherever you are and whoever you are!!

(I know its sad I'm on here instead of in a pub but been in bed all wekk :( :mad: )

Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
    From glen to glen, and down the mountain side...

[face_good_luck]

13. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    [face_dancing]

HAPPY NEW YEAR, 2007!!

Have a productive, happy, healthy and safe 2-007 (See what I did there?)

From,
    Myself

(and Myself's girlfriend)

[face_love]

[face_peace]
    :D
    [face_peace]

14. Wengboi

Wengboi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2006
    Happy New Year everyone!!!

Lets make 2007 a good one, with lots of meets and happy dancing times! =]

15. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    2006 was a pretty decent year methinks 2005 was tough to follow!

Some Downs, but nothing I can't sort out myself. I hope 2007 will bring me something new. that is all :)

16. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    2006 was pretty hit and miss for me tbh. Hit was meeting you guys, a lot of you in the flesh, and being elected CR for the North [:D]

Miss was everything else in real life.

17. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003

I was going to post pictures of my neighbours aviary and everything. It's quite impressive and my bedroom used to overlook it.

I used to wake upm to birdsong every morning it was great.

anyway happy new year all

Nice to see you back as well TK are you staying around this time?

18. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    Yet another collection of moments have passed in the life to build the experince of me, some good, some bad, just like every other year, month, day.

2007 started with a midnight hike along the farm tracks of the costal marshes of lincolnshire in the most exposed in the harsh winds. I know how to party

19. Whim_of_the_Whills

Whim_of_the_Whills Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2006
    2006 not bad, 2007 gonna be great :D

HAPPY NEW YEAR :D

20. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Sounds familiar to me.

21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It is a shame that 2006 was not a good year for many people here.

I suppose me summerising my year isn't going to make this thread any happier.

I would say my year was 50/50. Started off great, I was happier then I've been for longer then I can remember. Then it went drastically down the pan for a while. I think there was one stage I nearly became an alcoholic, depression & booze don't work well for me. I was unemployed for 6 months, which was OK but I had to stop doing various things like learning to drive since I couldn't afford to continue. But I got work and I enjoy it a lot now.
    The later part of this year has been better for me. I went to college and know some good people there, and I've got to know so many of you people better this year.

Last year I seemed to do a masterclass in how to anger and upset a lot people on and off these boards, and I regret having done so.
    I respect you all and your opinions and ideas matter to me.

I hope this year will be better for me, and for all of you who have seen troubles [face_peace]

22. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    People do often have a tendancy to dwell on the bad aspect of their life over the good things that happened.

You see it a lot here in FFUK and the JCC and you also see it a lot in RL.

I myself had a great 2006.

The Ugly This was possibly the worst thing to happen last year

I could have lost my job just before Christmas due to drunken idiocity at a works function. This would have had a major impact on me and my family that could have taken years to recover from. Did I let this bother my outlook on the year? no. I worked in my garden during my two week suspension and spent time with my kids. Was this a stressful time? yes it was, I went into counselling it was that stressful but I haven't let it bother me or my year.

Conclusion. If you think you have it bad, and you may do, but you can talk to people about it. I had four sessions with a councillor and it helped me sort out what was affecting me and why I did what I did. Councelling cost me £40 a session and its possibly the best £160 I've spent in a long time.

The Bad These are some of the things I've done that have annoyed me and/or others about me

I've pissed people off here. While I don't go around purposely pissing people off (and haven't done in a while) I'm not going to say I'll never do it again because I probably will post something that'll make Tim roll his eyes and say I'm stirring up trouble or have another poster wondering why I'm off on one and why I have a big beef with person X. I intend to be more mellow with posting this year. I've been lurking in FFUK for a while and post periodically and that will continue purely because I spend more time in the JCC and Senate these days when on Tfn and I post more at an offsite board than anywhere else as well these days.

That being said, me pissing people off here hasn't bothered me and my overall look on the year one bit, it's something I regret and as I say it's something I and many posters here will all do periodically to each other but as sanitary and sweet and nice we'd like the boards and real life to be I think we all know it just isn't going to happen.

I've not had as much sex as I'd like this year due to the missus having a bad pregnancy and I intend to rectify that with her this year (I hope)

I've stopped drinking (to a degree)

I'm overweight

I don't own a Wii

My missus had a cesearean section for the birth of our second daughter and it was a very stressful and traumatic time for both of us as it was an emergency C section not one of these nice celebrity planned ones. (We discovered in councelling that this was one of the reasons I went a bit nuts in December)

The Good

I became a parent again

My eldest daughter is now learning to sleep through the night with no nappy

I started riding my bike to work and lost a shed load of weight before my suspension

I lost a load of weight whilst on suspension

Me and the missus have reconnected as a result of my councelling sessions (she never went its purely me getting a better handle on me thats helped there)

I've started getting the garden ready for this years fruit and vegetables and grew some tester crops which had mixed success.
    I've now earmarked the pruning that HAS to be done on the plum tree and we now have two blueberry bushes a red current bush and a gooseberry bush ready for planting in 2007.

I've stopped drinking (to a degree)

As of today I've stopped eating crappy food

And I'm sure there is loads more positives but I can't think of any right now.

Try to remember the positive things that happen during the year and don't dwell on the crap. If you sit there and say everything that happened this year was crap your lying to yourself as well. It's never as bad as you first imagine.

23. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    2006 was OK. I went on the big holiday to Europe and this country called England. Even met up with some posters from here. That was the highlight of my year.

2007 will bring some new challenges for me. On the 18th, I'll be moving from sunny Perth, to the other side of Australia and Melbourne. There I will exprience four seasons in one day! Hopefully in Melbs, my personal life will be a lot better for me. I'm hoping to come out of my shell (a few of you would have noticed was a tad quiet at the meets) and be a little more socialble. Hey, I may even find myself a man! And I'm also hoping to get a new job. 10 years at Woolies is enough thanks!

24. major_phennir

major_phennir Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2006
    One year is much like the last or the next. Bad things happen, good things happen. Sometimes it all looks black, other times its sunny. That's life, ups and downs.

Best bit of 2006, getting a new job. Ambitions/goals for 2007? Nothing special, just to enjoy it and take each new day as it comes.

25. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    highlight of the year from me,i'm sorry to say,was visiting the locations for star wars in death valley.
    my wife and i had a really good couple of days,not arguing once...and we both enjoyed the experience and each others company.
    low point was seeing the emotional devestation brought upon my nieces at my sisters decision to leave her husband of fifteen years.
    i utterly sympathise with those who've gone through similar.
    it's always the children that suffer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.