main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC So that was a little scary...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I was at Starbucks this morning having decided to just stay there rather than go in to work for a few hours. This one has a nice, secluded back section that I set up shop in right by the fire exit.

Anyway this kid (late teens, early 20's maybe) comes up to me and says something. I pop off my ear buds and ask what he said. He says, "Why are you talking like that?" I respond, "Like what?"
    He leaves me alone but is now behind me where there's just the end of the corridor and fire exit.
    Luckily there's a thin mirror that runs along the walls so I keep my eyes on him the whole time (but can only see his waist).
    By now I realize he's at least a little mentally off so I kind of queue up, ready for a sucker punch or grab from behind just in case.

He moves away and talks to this other kid who goes off. Weird kid tells him, "Don't !?):ing leave" but I thought he was just casually cursing out his friend.
    Two ladies show up and he asks them, "Did that Asian kid run out the front door?"

At this point alarm bells are on. He meanders around a little more and finally leaves. I see something in his hand but not what as he passes the ladies.

The other kid returns and here's the story...
    Weird kid started talking to him, showed him a knife and offered him another.
    He had a knife in his hand when he walked passed the ladies, point out.

I wait for the cops to show up (the store called), tell them what I saw and get the hell out of there as they leave. While waiting for them I just kept my eyes glued on the entrance, ready to bolt out the fire exit if he came back with a gun. I also checked the fire exit to make sure he hasn't propped it open.

So, the day after mass stabings in my state (TX) a mentally deranged person was right behind me with two knives.

Creepy. I'm at work now trying to get my leftover fight/flight syndrome to ease off.

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Yeah, time to stay in the office. Hope you dove into your job. Work your stress off and surprise your company. :p

And yes, that is scary. Sad that you just never know.

Kiki-Gonn likes this.
  3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I don't entirely understand the story. You were at Starbucks, then two people wielding knives had a secret conclave by the fire exit?

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Wow. Yeah, that's scary. What Leona said.

5. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Stabbing has 2 Bs. :)

6. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Yikes that would be unnerving.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, I'll say. Glad it turned out alright.

8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Since it started off with "I was at Starbucks...," I was prepared to remind you that the first world problems thread exists.

Darth_Invidious and PRENNTACULAR like this.
  9. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    You have an option to go there. I have to show up 40 hours a week to a place like that. Some creeper who's been bothering me tried to tell me if my boss were a man he would have punched her in the face because she asked him why he verbally assaulted another bookseller. I need a new career.

10. R2-DK

R2-DK Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2011
    You see, this is what happens when you play hooky.

11. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002