main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST So the script re-write was caused by... lack of diversity?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by David_Skywalker01, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006

Now don't get me wrong I am all for diversity in Star Wars, but re-writing the script based solely on the fact that there are not enough black people in Star Wars strikes me as a very slimy corporate decision.

Now I could understand if the story involving Han and Leia's children was not up to snuff... but the way it is reported in this video is that it came down from cooperate (Disney) and Abrams that the script wasn't diverse enough and THAT is why Star Wars is delayed?

Seems to me like somebody at Disney said... there are too many white people in Star Wars and because of that no Hispanics, blacks, or Asians will want to see it. Which is such flawed logic it both hurts my brain and makes me want to facepalm at the same time.

That seems to me like serious backward thinking and very much concerns me for the future of Star Wars if all of the decisions are going to be based on demographics rather than the stories being told.

Thoughts anyone?

Brookstone likes this.
  2. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    From what we've heard apparently it was because Arndt and Abrams/Kasdan couldn't agree who to focus on. Arndt wanted Solo's, Abrams/Kasdan wanted to focus on the OT3 and the Skywalker line. Nothing to do with racial diversity.

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    The apparent script re-writes and the reasons for them are already being discussed elsewhere, and in a less potentially contentious manner. Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.