main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

so tired of complaints...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by raptor182cnort, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raptor182cnort

raptor182cnort Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2004
    Post after post, I have read so many complaints about the changes made to the OT movies. I think people should ask themselves "Is it the original movies and their imperfections I love, or is it a Positive neuro-association I have with my own life at the time I first saw the movies?", as most of us had great childhood's filled with Star Wars toys and doting parents...

I don't know about you all, but "Corvette Summer" pretty much destroyed any good feelings I had about the 70's and Reagan's "Trickle down economics" did the same for the 80's..

If you ask me I'll take Slick Willy's 90's any day of the week...

Note: Dont get me wrong, in a perfect world Han Solo will always shoot first!

2. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2004
    You do realize the extreme Irony of this thread, don't you?

;)

D_M_S_L

3. ChefAnakin

ChefAnakin Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2003
    I DO!!! [face_laugh]

4. raptor182cnort

raptor182cnort Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2004
    Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

I laughed so hard when you pointed out the irony, I should have titled the post "so tired of people complaining about George changing the movies to look less dated"..

but touche my friend, soo funny!

5. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    Don't allow the complaints to diminish your pleasure in something you enjoy. You enjoy it and that should be enough for you. You should only be upset if someone bashes your opinion directly.

6. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Yeah, so long as you're happy then that's the important thing.

I also love the irony here, very nice :D

7. IamDarthNash

IamDarthNash Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2004
    I actually prefer the "trickle-down economics" of the Regan era to the Trickle-down immorality of the Clinton days.....but hey, to each his own.

I like the changes. It's still Star Wars, and I think that the changes make things better.

--Nash

8. TK-855

TK-855 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2004

I actually prefer the "trickle-down economics" of the Regan era to the Trickle-down immorality of the Clinton days.....but hey, to each his own.

"Impossible! How will the Emperor maintain control of outlying systems without the bureaucracy?" challenged one of the generals.

"Trickle down. Trickle down, and this station," said Moff Greenspan. "No one will dare oppose the White House now!"

"Don't be too proud of this economic terror you've constructed," warned Darth Levinthal. "The ability to impoverish an entire demographic is insignificant next to the power of the Free Market."

"Don't try to frighten us with your accountant's ways," sneered Admiral Ernst as Admiral Young nodded in agreement. "Your sad devotion to SAP hasn't helped reduce the deficit, or given you clairvoyance enough to avoid a rece-"

Ernst's face contorted in agony as the Dark Lord made the smallest gesture with his outstretched hand. "I find your lack of faith ... disturbing."

"Enough! Levinthal, release him!" snapped Greenspan.

"As you wish," Levinthal said. No one dared object to the sarcastic tone the Dark Lord used ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.