So Today's Rant is Against...Home Delivery Network!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by LAJ_FETT, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    A couple of days ago I got an Amazon UK email saying that my order containing Clone Wars Season 1, a book, and the 2010 Classic SW calendar had been shipped using Home Delivery Network. There was a tracking number so I've been keeping an eye on the shipment. Today it came up Delivered. Good, I thought. Got home from work around 4:30 PM. No package. No little card to say they delivered a package. No little card saying they tried to deliver a package. Knocked on the door of the upstairs flat since one of them works from home. He answered and said he was home all day and didn't see anyone. So now I am using words I can't use here. Booted up the laptop and came online to get the tracking number off Amazon. Went on to HDNL's website and looked up the shipment. A note next to the 'delivered' status said 'Left in outbuilding'. The only outbuildings here are the garages and they are locked. By now it's dark so I get a torch and go back out. I walked around the parking area of the flats and almost took a header on 4 large boxes left near one of the neighbor's bins. None of those said Amazon and none had my name on them so I kept looking. Nothing.
    Now, the flats have a big back garden area surrounded by a 6-foot wooden fence. Inside the big garden area has been quartered (one bit for each flat) and those are separated by a 4-foot high wire fence. So I go into my garden and I look in mine and the one for the upstairs flat on my side. Nothing. I go and peer over the fence into the other gardens and there it was. In the garden of the other downstairs flat. I could see the 'Amazon' on the side. But could I reach it? Not without going over the fence and the last time I did that it hurt for about a week. I go around to the neighbor's gate and it's locked from the inside. Neither of their cars are there so I write a note and toss it through their mail slot.
    So by now I'm pretty mad, especially as I think that the only way the driver could have gotten the box in there is to heave it over the 6-foot wooden fence. Also, my flat is clearly marked with my number - there's a plaque next to the door. So the driver obviously didn't even come around to my side of the building to look for the right flat to begin with!

While I waited for one of the neighbors to get home from work, I phoned up HDNL and gave them a rant and swore out a complaint against the driver. Then I phoned up Amazon and told them what I thought of their using HDNL for delivery. And while I was stuck on hold for about 10 minutes with HDNL waiting for an answer, I got right through to an Amazon rep. So there's a customer service point for them.

The neighbors finally came home so I have my package. Luckily the DVDs don't look damaged from the drop. And the large packages I almost tripped over? Cat litter delivery for the same neighbors. So I saved them a hunt in the darkness as I told them exactly where their parcels were.
  2. orn-free-tada Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That is absolutely unbelievable!!
  3. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Yeh, at least Royal Mail would send the package to the nearest Office for you to go and collect.
    And that company should at least have left a note and returned your delivery to the warehouse or wherever it is that the item is stored before it is sent to you.
  4. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    And I'm not the only one. A Google search turned up: HDNL Tossed My Parcel Over the Gate.

Language Note: Some of the language on this site is inappropriate for here. If you don't want to see it don't click the link.
  5. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    If Amazon get enough complaints hopefully they'll drop HDNL and use sopmeone who won't be so reckless with people's stuff.

It only goes to show you that budgeting and getting a cheap company is not always a good idea.
  6. CrazyOldJedi Force Ghost

star 5
    Sopmeone are just as bad as HDNL I'm afraid. They burnt my parcel and posted the ashes through my neighbour's catflap.
  7. Tim_In_CT Force Ghost

star 4
  8. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    It'll be worse ordering food and getting crumbs arrive in a box.
  9. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Ok that's making Canada Post look good, I never thought I'd say that one either!

10. CrazyOldJedi Force Ghost

star 5
  11. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Don't be, I think most of the problem is Canada Post. USPS actually updated when it had info, which is more than can be said about the post system in Canada.

Honestly here's a good example, I had to wait for immigration paper work from Ottawa (I believe its probably a 5 hr drive from where I am near Toronto) now my mum posted something same day from the UK to me. My mum's package got here first, to me that's just messed up. I know Canada's big but same province shouldn't take longer than international shipping ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.