main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson So, uh, anyone want to play minis?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by padumavati, Nov 8, 2007.

?

So, uh, anyone want to play minis?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. 17th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 18th

66.7%
  3. 10th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. How dare you come back here, you mini-loving harlot?!

16.7%
  5. After Thanksgiving

16.7%
  1. padumavati

padumavati Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2007
    Hi guys. I'm just wondering if anyone would like to play minis at my place this month. We just moved and actually have room for people to come over, and it's not blisteringly hot. The only obstacle is chairs. Also, if you want to come over and just hang out instead of play minis, we have a bunch of dvds, including the requisite Star Wars. I'm thinking I'll either provide dinner or snacks, not sure which. It probably depends on how many are interested in coming over.
    This weekend is kind of short notice, but I thought I'd throw it out there. The 17th is the Saturday before Thanksgiving, which is the best for me, but I don't know how many of you are going to be prepping. So vote and let me know when would be best. :)
    I hope there are still people who want to play.

2. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    We have a DSG event on the 17th so that is out for Damian and myself. Other than that I may be in Phoenix this sat. I would like to play as its been a while since the last time! Boba is feeling cramped he needs to get out and stretch!

3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I'm not a minis player but there is a Book Club meeting on the 17th. Just a heads up. I know that Cat loves to play minis but her computer is fried and she's out of town. You might want to give her a call. I can't remember when she gets back.

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    She gets back on the 11th IIRC. :-B

Too bad we can't play virtual minis. :( :p

Oh, and just a suggestion ... we've combined our book club and minis meeting. Then again, Cat isn't at our book club so we tend to take only an hour. :p ;) Nuttin' but lub for Cat! :D [face_love]

5. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    Umm, here are my thoughts:

on the 16th, The Force Unleashed comes out, so those of us that go out and spend enough money to feed a third world country on them (myself included) will want some time to examine/devise strategies with said minis.

also on the 16th will likely be RPG in the evening around 7pm

on the 17th there is the book club meeting at 2pm

Chris and Damian can't come if it's on the 17th

So there are the facts. I dunno how we can work this out.

6. padumavati

May 30, 2007
    Well, it sounds like the 18th is still viable, unless everyone would rather wait until after Thanksgiving in order to make FU squads. Hm, the new minis set kind of lends itself to an unfortunate abbreviation. [face_whistling]

7. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    unleashed BAH Boba will still represent!!!

Oh yeah and an assassin droid for Thrawn......

8. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    I can do the 18th!

As for the assassin droid, do you really think Thrawn can be taken out so easily? He has bodyguards coming out his behind and 40dmg double attack figs to prevent anyone from getting too far.

9. padumavati

May 30, 2007
    Hm... maybe it's time to bust out the Rancor... ;)

Oooo, an all crazy animal squad with Nightsister Sith Witches!!!! :eek:

10. padumavati

May 30, 2007
    Okay, I guess the 18th won, even thought there were only 3 votes total. We can also have a minis day after Thanksgiving if that works better for some people. I tried calling Cat, but her voice mail is full. I'll try her back later in the week, or hopefully she'll be able to get on the board and see the thread.

11/18 1:00 pm until ?? (when we get bored of playing or in time for me to go to bed for work)
    200 point squads

PM me for directions to my house, since I don't want to post my address on the board for the whole world to see ;) Your PM can also serve as an RSVP, so I know how much snacks to get, etc. Also, let me know if you would like to bring portable chairs, as we only have 7 chairs in the entire house, and most of them are not all that comfortable.

Luke and Obi-Wan are waiting for you all to BRING IT.

11. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    Oh its going to get brung!

12. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I voted for the 18th . you are saying 1pm till. I do have a uestion.. I am going to be bringing my little tag a long two yr old friend.. so let me know if that is an imposition.. his mom will be in Green Valley at a Scottish Drumming performance for most of the day.. but he is fairly easy to deal with and when he isn't then I just sit out and watch every one else play and keep up with him.

Jake and I have a computer again!!!

13. padumavati

May 30, 2007
    I'm glad you're available, Cathie. There is a problem with having a small child over... not with me or Zachary, but we have two small dogs, one of whom is very strange toward children. I don't think he would actually bite unprovoked, but he gets very anxious and generally just barks constantly at the kid (which is usually terrifying in itself to a little kid). Sometimes he will just bark at random people, too, so we may have to baby gate him (the dog, not the kid) in another part of the house anyways. However he's super attached and might make us miserable with whining. The best solution would be not to bring someone that young over, but I also want you to come play minis. So I guess I'm not really sure what to do, if there is no one else to watch him. If you absolutely have to bring him, I'll either gate the dog or have him in my lap at all times, I guess.

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I sent you a PM.. with any luck my friend will be done with her drumming by soon after 1pm and I will just be a little bit late. :)

15. padumavati

May 30, 2007
    Ok, that works. :)

I'm thinking that if we play until dinnertime, we can all chip in for pizzas. Does that sound good?

16. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
  17. padumavati

May 30, 2007
    If anyone sees this tonight or tomorrow and decides they want to play too, you can call us for directions. 495-4964

18. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Let's see it is.. Sunday, Dec 2nd, Brandon and I are going to play mini's at Heroes and Villians around 2pm if anyone is up for joining us.