main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So, WAS Jabba The Hutt In The Outlander Nightclub?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by G-FETT, Jun 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Hey guys,

I think just about every question I ever had about Attack of the Clones has been answered by multiple viewings, and participation in the threads on this Message Board.

There is still one question that's un-answered, and I'm not sure if anybody has ever come to a conclussion about it:

In the Outlander Nightclub, whilst Anakin is walking through the club looking for Zam Weesell, (a wonderful scene on it's own, clapping, cheering, and music reaching a cresendo, and the Bounty Hunter draws her gun on Obi-Wan. Lucas at his most suspenceful) We hear a VERY familier voice. A few lines come from a character off-screen, and they sound amazingly similar to a certain slimy pice of worm-ring....

So, was Jabba the Hutt in the Outlander Nightclub? Does he sometimes leave Tatooine, when he wants a gamble? ;) Or maybe it was just another Hutt?

2. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    I think it's just another hutt. The chances of it being Jabba are very slim.

Besides, if it were Jabba, I'm sure Lucas, McCallum, the OS, Lucasfilm, or some other source would have stated it at one point, otherwise, what would be the point of having Jabba there in the first place?

3. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    I don't think we can jump to the conclusion that it was a Hutt just because it was a deep voice.

And I doubt Jabba left Tatooine to go hang out in the Outlander Club on Coruscant.

4. KosmicKnine

KosmicKnine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    I don't think we can jump to the conclusion that it was a Hutt just because it was a deep voice.

I agree. The galaxy's a big place. There's a lot of different species, and many, many of them we haven't ever heard speak. It's highly unreasonable to limit such very deep voices to Hutts only.

5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    But if Jabba travels, could that have an impact on the story later on?

Would Lucas and Burtt not have noticed how that voice sounds like Jabba?

6. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    There ARE many Hutts in the galaxy. And they all sound about the same, and the possibility of Jabba leaving his territory would be slim. Especially in Tatooine where many are after his power.

7. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Well, if it's supposed to be another Hutt, wouldn't Ben Burtt have teaked the voice slightly? It sounds EXACTLY the same as Jabba....

Certianly I think the impression they have given (for whatever reason) is that Jabba is in the club.

8. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    My old friend, if I have ever disagreed with you more, now would be the time :D

9. capo

capo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2003
    why would jabba even go to a coruscant nightclub when he has his own little place at home?

he isn't even in the republic, so he'd have no business on coruscant, either.

10. KosmicKnine

May 31, 2002
    It sounds EXACTLY the same as Jabba....

To you perhaps.

11. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    And dun every cricket sound the same. Dun every cat and dog sounds the same. Dun every slug move the same way.

12. Skywalker_1138

Skywalker_1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    I really don't think that Jabba was in the Outlander Nightclub. He has no reason to leave his territory.

13. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I don't see what the big deal is about Jabba being in the club? Why do people assume he can't leave Tatooine? Of course he can....

And the point about why would Lucas have Jabba in the Club, is really the wrong question. The question is: Why WOULDN'T he put Jabba in the club? We know Lucas likes to use certain key characters throughout the Saga>Jabba is one of those characters. He put him in Episode I and Episode IV. And has something that sounds very similar to him in Episode II. The twist is that we hear this voice OFF Tatooine. I think this is to set up seeing Jabba doing something in Episode III....

14. RoboFett

RoboFett Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2003
    It sounded like Hutt but there are many more besides Jabba. Jabba woudn't leave tatoine just to gamble I think there was no Hutt at the place but the aliens there were watching t.v. i think it was racing of some sort or something like that. There could have been Hutt anoucing the beginning of the race.............

15. baggles

baggles Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    I also hear Salacious Crumb laughing during the same scene.

Did anyone else hear that famous cackle???

16. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Actually Baggles, I have never heard Salacious, I will have to listen again....

If he IS heard in the Club, then that would prove my point even more. :)

17. JBRO_13

JBRO_13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    ...what's that?...I know that laugh...

18. KosmicKnine

May 31, 2002
    ...what's that?...I know that laugh...

LOL. [face_laugh]

19. ratmankey

ratmankey Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Ben Burtt has a habit of re-using sound effects and snippets of dialogue in crowd scenes. For example, a clip of Greedo speaking is used in Jabba's Palace in ROTJ. Obviously, this doesn't mean Greedo was in Jabba's Palace. So just because he uses a snippet of Jabba's speech or Salacious Crumb's laugh doesn't mean those characters were there.

20. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    But, on the other hand, as they are both alive at this point in the story, it doesn't mean their not there.

I guess in the end this can't be resolved one way or the other. As we never see who's making the laugh's, nobody can say for sure, either way.

I suppose all I'm getting at, is: I won't be surprised if we see Jabba, off Tatooine, in Episode III. :)

21. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    If I were a tonne-heavy slug, I know I wouldn't want to go across the galaxy. 8-}

22. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    whatever he was he seemed to be a comedian.

23. FILTHY_ITCH

FILTHY_ITCH Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2003
    that was ORSON WELLES in Mr. ARKADIN when he tells the joke about the scorpion and the frog....nah

24. MOSEP

MOSEP Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2002
    and they all sound about the same

How many Hutt voices have you heard?

i also hear Salacious Crumb laughing

Yeah, i´ve heard it.

I think they just put those sounds in there for fun. Maybe there is a Hutt and a Kowakian Monkey-lizard in there, but why would it be Jabba and mr. S. Crumb?

25. Exar_Xan

Exar_Xan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 29, 2001
    I doubt that it was Jabba and that it was just some comedian (either a hutt himself or acting up a sketch where he made a fool of Jabba by mimicking jabba's voice ;)).

1 odd thing though: I remember in a making off video (twinkle beyond Pluto i believe about the extras) 2 very fatt men in a suit on the set of the Outlander. We didnt saw them in the movie right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.