main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So we still don't know why Syfo Dias ordered the clone army.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by grievious, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. master-starkiller

master-starkiller Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    OK, I agree with that. Dooku could very likely have been turned or turning when he left the order and other Jedi would not necessarily have been aware. Then could we then say that if the Lost Twenty are Jedi that left the order on their own without falling to the dark side, then since it is established that Dooku was going to the dark side before leaving the order, than either Dooku should not be considered one of the Lost Twenty (though he still may be by the Jedi since they were oblivious), or the definition of the Lost Twenty needs to be reinterpreted?

2. Deadline247

Deadline247 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2002
    I consider the Lost 20 to be the twenty Jedi that the Council believes never turned to the Dark Side after leaving. For all we know, there could have been more besides Dooku.

One thing that the prequels strongly established is that the Jedi are far from all-knowing. In fact, they have been in the dark about MANY things in recent times (maybe even longer).

3. MasterThor

MasterThor Jedi Master star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    Syfo was Dooku's friend, and to become a sith he had to kill him. And if you played the Bounty Hunter Videogame, you'd know that Dooku just turned evil because Komari Vosa was Palpatine's new apprentice. Palpatine gave dooku two objectives: Kill Vosa, and find a template for the clone army. He decided to kill two birds with one stone. He invited many bounty hunters on a hunt to kill vosa, and the winner would become the template for the army. Jango won.

4. tflerew325

tflerew325 Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2005
    I agree with you. The clone army was ordered for whatever reason by a Jedi Master named Syfo-Dias 10 years ago. This was before Dooku was the apprentice of Sidious, all following the "Rule of two", this would suggest that Syfo was either a loyal Jedi who unbeknowst to the council, ordered an army -OR- that maybe Syfo Dias was Darth Maul. I have not read the books, so I don't know anything about Dooku supposedly killing Syfo-Dias, but if you check the timeline, it fits. Who's to say that Palpatine did not turn a loyal Jedi on to the Darkside like Anakin. When Obi-wan killed Darth Maul (Syfo-Dias), Dooku became the apprentice, and took over Palpatine's plan of using the clone army to betray the Republic.

5. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    In response to the dated reply above, Darth Maul was born on Iridonia and raised as a Sith.

In the book Labrynth of Evil, how is it stated that Syfo ordered the army? Is Dooku saying this? Is it the narrator? Who exactly states that he ordered it, inside the book. Because if it's Dooku, we can't believe a word that guy says ever.

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Either Sifo-Dyas ordered it because he foresaw the Jedi would need help in the future, or else Dooku/Sidious ordered it because they foresaw they would need it in the future.

I think the signs clearly point to Dooku/Tyranus. I never understood why people considered this such a mystery.

7. lorn_zahl

Oct 19, 2002

Well that wasn't really my question.

Furthermore I'm not really content with guessing between the two because GL said it'd be resolved ROTS, obviously your not 100% certain so that's why there is a discussion. I haven't read Labrynth of Evil so I asked exactly in what context was it revealed that Syfo ordered the clone army.

I keep hearing here that it's specified somewhere in the book and I was just wondering how it was done (narrative? Dooku? someone else?).

8. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Either way, we don't know and we never will. It's all speculation at this point. I honestly don't believe such a high ranking Jedi would make an order like that without notifying the Council. It just wouldn't make sense. Then again, that's just my guess.

9. lorn_zahl

Oct 19, 2002

Not to get in a GL rant but why would he add another lose end to tie up in film that had so many?

Then doesn't give it a definitive answer... I think he wants it to drive us crazy, honestly.

lol

10. -maynard-

-maynard- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    the thing that makes me think it wasnt SD acting alone is because he wouldnt have the money to pay kamino. it seems more likely that sidious or dooku would be able to finance it.

the fans would have a lot more insight into dooku's character if the films disclosed that he was involved in betrayal.

it also seems odd to me that the films would never explain SD's death. why even mention the character at all. its like a name that was just thrown out there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.