main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA So... we're moving.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by marmakecam, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    I was hoping to let Kelsey make this post but I doubt she'll ever get around to it so I guess I'm going to have to do it. We have good news and bad news. The good news, better than good really, is that Kelsey got a job at Lucasfilm! Pretty hard to believe really but it's happened. The two of us have been applying for jobs there for a little over a year now and one finally came up that one of us was actually really qualified for. Unfortunately the job is technically a temporary job for the holiday season but there's a chance that it could become permanent, even if it's not it's a really big foot-in-the-door for us both. So yeah, as of October 8th Kelsey is officially a customer service rep at StarWarsShop.com.

The bad news, obviously, is that we're going to be moving to San Francisco, very soon. Like I said, she starts on the 8th. We don't have a place to live yet or anything so I don't have many details about that. It looks like Kelsey will be going up with her mom a few days before she starts and they're going to find us a place. During the time that Kelsey is working and waiting for us to be approved for an apartment she's going to try to stay at a friends house. As soon as we have an official residence I'll head up there myself.

So yeah, that's our big news. I don't really know anything else so don't bother asking, we're just rolling with it. We're both really stressed and everything. But excited, this should be sweet.

2. Nassik

Nassik Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2006
    Congratulations! Temporary job or not it is an excellent opportunity. I wish the two of you the best of luck and I hope that you have the greatest and most profound of success. I can easily tell that the two of you will be missed down here and yet I hope that you will make new friends as well as maintaining the friendships that you have built down here.

3. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Congrats! YAY! :~)

And...:~(

We're going to miss you guys!

I've a cousin up in SF (she's a pharmacist, just graduated this spring.) Do you want me to email her for advice on good/bad/affordable places in the city or nearby for living?

Don't forget, SF itself is *expensive*. Riding the BART in from a nearby city might save you several hundred dollars a month in rent.

And...uh, WOW!

Do you guys have time so that we could do an informal send off meeting?

4. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I was looking into moving into one of the surrounding cities rather than SF itself but based on the location of Kelsey's job I don't think it would end up working well. There's no BART station near the Presidio at all so she would probably end up having to take a bus to the BART station then the BART into SF then another bus to work. It would really suck to do that every day twice a day... so I guess we're just going to go broke instead.

We've got several friends who have helped us on the "where not to live" but if your cousin has any advise or anything we'd love to hear it.

As for time to meet up, I'm not sure. I'd really like to but I'm not sure what's going on at this point. I'll get back to you about that soon.

5. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    OK, I'll email with anything I find out.

I still can't believe you guys are moving so soon!

And as far as a quick meet up sometime, just post and I'm sure whoever could make it, would...even last minute. And, if you're in Ventura sometime, let me know and the kiddos and I could try and catch you two!

6. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    It looks like we're going to have to go to Ventura on Saturday anyway. Is anyone available for lunch... or maybe dinner?

7. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    I might be able to do a late dinner. Saturday is our 10th college reunion up at Westmont....10 years, already! Ack!

I could also try and pack up the littles and meet you guys in Cam sometime for lunch or whatever!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.