main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON So...What are doing for ROTS?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Primrodo, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Return of the Sith is right around the corner and I wanted to know if we were planning anything?

Its a GREAT oppurtunity to push the club, do some small fundraiser events and prep for a movie releasing soon ;)

So being that I was not at the meeting I don't know what was discussed, but I want to get this perverbial ball rolling...

2. Apprentice_Anakin

Apprentice_Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Sep 17, 2001
    Ahh... you convinced me. I'll be there. :)
    And I'll be wearing your ol' boots, buddy. :p

3. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Well, wouldn't you both like to know [face_mischief]

Actually, this was discussed at the meeting on the weekend

While nothing is set in stone since there are still some details that remain to be unknown.

It has been decided that we would like to do something to benefit womans place, but what that something will be, has not been worked out just yet.

I will be making a post regarding that shortly.

There is another meeting planned for April, so hopefully by then we will be able to discuss planning ROTS in more detail then :)

4. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    I figured something was discussed...

But with a month or less to plan something? Most groups have already started planning and know what they are doing, Do we really need another month to wait till talk or could we not post some ideas on teh forums at least and get something started?

5. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    I'm surprised this hasn't been posted, but at the meeting it was discussed that for a fundraiser for Women's Place, we would all try to see what type of freebies (not necessarily SW related) we could round up....and make surprise bags to sell at the initial showings of ROTS. These would be sold inside the theater at the "pre-show warm-up activities" we hope to have (like trivia contests). It would be like when they sell those little heart pins for childrens charities for $5. We are supposed to meet again in 3 weeks to see what things we have obtained...to see if this is a feasible idea.

So please start looking for small items you can buy cheaply (at dollar stores), or can get donated from sources you know (friends, family, businesses)

6. Cow_Girl

Jun 15, 2001
    Thanks Laurie, you summed that up waaaaaay better than I could have :)

Admittedly, I wasn't exactly "with it" at the meeting I-)

7. DMZBADGER

DMZBADGER Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2002
    I made a few suggestions at the last meeting...and plan on tending the next one...we need to get the word out NOW what the club is going to expect from its members..and to figure out if you plan on "selling" the goody bags..or are you going to "raffle" things off....either way..pick one...go with it...and like discussed at the meeting...Get as many members THAT NIGHT to bring in anything and everything they can muster for the draw/bags..whatever.

You know I'm solid and have put a very good prize on the table almost anyone can use for that night.

I also made the motion to plan on doing a Star Wars lasertag game for chariety on my field. No one has approached me yet with a date to do this...I need to know well in advance to make sure that day is open. What the club members must do is get the word out on that day to come down and donate and have some fun.
    This is the break down I figured the club and my field could bring in for womens place.

I have 24 lasertag units we take half of those and split them between paying members and club members 12 on 12 (out of the 12 members (6 are dressed as Rebels/Jedi..6 are dressed as Imperials) the 12 people playing pay $20 for 30 min game and they play on the rebels or imperial sides.

I have a huge fort with satalite dish..you can re-create the shield generation scenario..I have a Solo in Carbinite on the field for another scenario..and so on.

If you do the math say we play from 10am-4pm on one day and break it down into 30min blocks.
    12players x 12 time blocks(30min ea) x $20ea = $2880

That can be do-able if EVERYONE contacts people..its for a good cause..get the papers down there..maybe radio..get the city officials to come down and donate and have some fun/....whatever....I can even take pics that day and email them to people in front of the "cast members"

I am only one person with a HUGE pile on my plate now from personal life/running two businesses/doing a fan film/ and trying to help out with the club as much as I can.

I give you folks the tools....it's up to you if you want to use them.

8. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Thank you Jerry :)

That sounds like a splendid idea and I for one love it! I can make any sort of advirtising for this once we settle on a date as well I as I offer any ways I can donate my time and skills.

Any other ideas people have?

9. JediKnightLisa

JediKnightLisa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2002
    Hi everyone!
    The lasertag idea sounds like a lot of fun! If you need some players or whatnot from other fan force groups, let me know. I for one would love to play! If you would like, when you get more info, I can always mention it at a North Ridge meeting and see if anyone else would be interested in coming up. :)

~Lisa

10. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    Tim and I can look for some cheap stuff next weekend at the stores

11. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    OK, the 3 weeks are up...anyone get anything? (I have a number of items, plus some of my collectables I want to "thin" from my stash.)
    John, did you talk to the theater manager?

If "no" on either of those questions then we are just going to be enjoying Episode III strictly from a personal point of view. Meaning no raffle, no give-aways, no fundraiser.
    Sad, yes, but unfortunately the majority of us have taken up other personal priorities that have greatly limited our time.

My outlook...

It's been months since I have posted regularly here on the boards. That lack of posting, I hope to change. My intent is to put my personal issues that I have with FanForce and it's "leaders" in the background and try to help bring back YJN back to what we used to be. Working together I hope this can be done.

Even though Deb and I are very busy with Kaitlyn, I still have a great love for YJN and it's members.

12. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    It's great to see you back, Chris!

I hope you guys end up doing something fun for the release of Episode III, I know I'll be joining Lelila in Toronto for the lineup there, since London is a little low on active members.

13. Cow_Girl

Jun 15, 2001
    I have some stuff as well :)

Its not Star Wars related, but its something...right? ;)

14. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Ok so lets get the ball rolling on these things.

What sort of freebies should we be getting? Examples?

What about teh lasertag game, we have had help offered from the other groups and this even would be GREAT! Lets do it!

Lets figure a daye and get fliers made and I can help with any sort of advirtizing. We can have it set up wonderfully and I can hand stuff out to kids at work and such.

We have some potential to use ROTS as a great lift for Charity and I want to do this and i hope you all do too!

*nudges ball*

15. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    So I take it there is no interest in this?

16. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    Guess not...

Looks like we are just going to do the simple line-up this time.

Good thing the new car comes with a tent. ;)

17. Cow_Girl

Jun 15, 2001
    Chris!

When did you get a new car? Please tell me you didn't buy a Mini Van :p

18. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    2001 Pontiac Aztec GT

It comes with a tent that connects to the back.

19. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Good to see you back Chris! Congrats!

20. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Wow... such a fissle on DMZBADGER's cool and fun charity idea!... Perhaps later in the summer then?... Try for a FFT vs YJN games... using Jerry's same 12 vs. 12 setup... perhaps Buffalo and Rochester will want in on this...

(sorry so off ROTS topic - but come on! great idea being wasted here!)

21. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I think it's a good idea too, but I'm a little far away for most stuff that goes on here.

22. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Just wanted to point out that you are all more than welcome to join us in line. It sounds as though some plans are already in the works for you guys but if any of you are interesting in coming down even for a visit, we'd love to see you!

23. Dalponis

Dalponis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2001
    I'm getting drunk and gonna fly this bat to da moooooooon!

24. NiagaraJediMaster

NiagaraJediMaster Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2005
    hey does any of your Theaters have digtal ?

A group of us are going to 1201 showing Wed night

25. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Haven't been able to get on much. Sorry to hear that the plan died. :( Seems like a huge waste.

Saddly, not sure we will be attending opening at all right now, but hope we can all get regrouped for another event.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.