main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So what are some of the explots that made Vima Sunrider a Great Jedi(c)?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by burrie, Nov 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    Honestly, this is something that I'm just very curious about. From the moment that she was a baby, she was destined for greatness. Jedi Knights and Masters alike would whisper prophecies of her greatness. Text panels would reveal that she would survive the whole Sith War ordeal and become a Great Jedi. Chronologies, guides, official and unofficial, all agree that following the events of Redemption, she would become one of the greatest Jedi of her era.

However, has there ever been any sort of example as to how she managed to get this title? I've never come across any sort of reference as to what she actually did, and seeing as how 'being a great Jedi' tends to be Nomi/Ulic/Revan/Exile/Anakin/Luke material, I'm wondering what sort of adventures she had.

Was she an important Jedi on the council? Did she hold off entire Mandalorians legions on her own to protect a single planet? Fight an epic duel on a jungle planet against a Dark Jedi whom wanted to capture Sith artifact? Dealed a blow to a conspiracy that threatened to tear the Republic apart? Had a hand in the conflict that made Doneeta choose to go under a different name?

Anyone?

2. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

She regrew her hair. That's a saving throw worthy of envy. We'll see in the coming comics. She also formed the council, and that was a Revanload of admin, as we saw.

3. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    That's Nomi you're thinking of, Exc. :cool:

Vima's one of those great unknown question-marks, although the fact that even very recent sources like the NEC allude to her Great Destiny give me hope that this will finally be dealt with in the new KotOR monthly.

Tott Doneeta, though? Truly amazing, even after the Sith War.

He pulled chicks out of burning cars, breast-fed a racoon back to health, and I think he killed Osama bin Laden with a trident. And of course, he defied the Jedi Order and did all his own stunts. He makes Bill Brasky look like a douchebag.

4. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Vima developed Jedi Alchemy and promptly used it to mutate herself into Jolee.

5. burrie

May 27, 2000
    Now that's just freakin' sweet. :D

On the other hand, I've always liked Doneeta more because he's really just the average Jedi who's, to put it bluntly, there. He has no special destiny, he has no real important ties to the main events, he's basically the Chewbacca for the TOTJ, and could've easily been replaced by any other characters. But he isn't, so he's simply there, being a Jedi. Be it helping a princess escape, holding off Mandalorians on Coruscant, grabbing a few scrolls while a supernova approaches, aiding in the rescue of Qel-Droma, helping the Order beat Kun, or helping his people while the entire Jedi Order are all coming together for a cup of tea.

Anyway, with that out of the way, I was hoping to have heard some word about Vima in KotOR. I mean, if she was such a Great Jedi, surely there would've been some mentions. Speaking of which, I recall Bindo mentioning a Sunrider, but I suppose he was talking about Nomi Sunriders, ja?

6. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

Another error to add to my appallingly few, you're saying? [face_thinking] :oops:

7. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    *cough* :p

[face_laugh] You have no idea how hard this made me laugh! [face_laugh]

8. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Jul 18, 2005
    [:D]

And yes, Jolee in KOTOR talks a bit about Nomi, not Vima (as far as I remember).

9. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Yeah, during one of your conversations with Jolee about The Sith War, he calls Nomi a fine lass.

10. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I guess Vima's still a kid during KoTOR. I wish they had gone with the original plan and just had Nomi instead of Bastila. Hell, I wish they had never made up this new plot and just made an RPG where you play as Ulic and Nomi and Tott...that'd have been sweet.

11. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    That's not possible for Vima to still be a kid during KOTOR because it happens a good fifty years or so after The Sith War.

12. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    It was supposed to be Vima Sunrider during the first KotOR, not Nomi; this was changed after BioWare made the decision to create their own original character (Bastila), and leave Vima's final fate up to Dark Horse.

Vima would've been 45 years young during the events of the Darth Malak war (38 during the Mandalorian Wars), which gives the upcoming comic series ample story-grist to work with.

And yes, Jolee Bindo goes into some detail about Nomi during the Great Sith War, and his acquaintance with her during those years.

13. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    maybe nomi was long gone during the jedi civil war. hope vima appears in kotor comics or in kotor 3 if it's made

14. Fox4

Fox4 Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    That's IF she survived the Sith Purge of the Jedi in Kotor2;)

15. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Jul 18, 2005
    Her being in KOTOR 3 would naturally imply that she had.

16. burrie

May 27, 2000
    So now, all we need is a KotOR 3 to do just that.

17. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

There's only 5 or 6 generations from Vima to Da-Boda in 4000yrs, remember. They are a long lived dynasty.

18. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    [face_laugh]

19. Joser_Kyind

Joser_Kyind Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2005
    I was never very happy with KotOR 2 wiping out the Jedi more effectively than Palpsy did. I seriously hope that KotOR 3 or a post-KotOR 3 comic book has something about the Jedi still alive at the end of KotOR 2 going out and rebuilding the Jedi Order by finding a lot of Jedi who had gone into hiding, including Vima, and maybe Thon, as well. They could go to Ossus and meet with Ood Bnar. There are so many possibilities for that, but I doubt any of them will ever be explored.

20. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

Thon . . . if his name was more pronouncible, I'd make him my fav species.

21. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    You mean his species name? What is Thon's species name?

22. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    Thon is a Tchuukthai..

good luck on pronunciation..

23. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    Ood was in a deep hibernation trance. i don't think anyone would know a tree was a jedi

24. Joser_Kyind

Joser_Kyind Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2005
    Chook-thigh. That's how I always pronounced it. Besides, his species has a second name, Wharl. While the other name has a more straight-forward pronunciation, I always thought it sounded kind of silly.

25. Master_Uxi

Master_Uxi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Order 66 was more likely far more effective than anything done by Darth Nihilus et al (of which we can probably thank the Sith War, Mandalorian War, and Jedi Civil War for mostly accomplishing).

Order 66 after all took out the most powerful Jedi while in KotoR the most powerful Jedi were allowed to hide away... At best the Jedi would have become as Sith. Persecuted in the public but hiding away and proliferating. Ironically much like the Sith after the Great Hyperspace War.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.