main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq So what are we doing Mos Alba

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by nmfiredawg, Apr 27, 2007.

1. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    I started programming on the vic 20, oh and when I got my Com 128 after the 64, wow what a difference..

2. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003

I work in a prison. Not much manwiching. More like armor hotdog.

3. BloodClaw

BloodClaw Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2001
    Don't forget those Prison rules[face_beatup] [face_love]

4. JaceMardu

JaceMardu Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2005
    We could try to make the posting more family friendly. I'm all for having fun but at the appropriate time and place. We cut up a lot on the other board, but maybe we should refrain here. That would be a good start.

Not infighting on the boards would be another good idea. Nothing drives people away from a group quicker than airing your dirty laundry. If your not sure if you should post something, don't.

PM the person you have issues with directly. Stand up and say, "Hey, I didn't like that." Or whatever. Most people here are reasonable and don't want to offend anybody.

If you have other issues with people in the group, maybe you should reconsider if this is the place for you. There are lots of other groups out there you could join.

5. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    *peeks out from under the rock*

Hey! SW chick in the house! The manwiching can stop now. :)

6. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    What are you talking about?

7. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    The thread is what I'm talking about. Why people backed off from the group and what we can do to get it going again.

8. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    We don't have another board to "cut up" on. This is the board we have, this is where we have fun.

9. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    Yep this is it, no board for you... We have to make it the best board out there. I say free drinks for everyone from the management,

10. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    From management? As long as I'm not included in that group. You can probably get Jedi_Knight_Birrer to help out on that one! Mac will be happy to pitch in, I'm sure!

11. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    Nope your involved look at your picture says something about being in management [face_shame_on_you] But you could bring the lobster instead for everyone.

12. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    Yeah, I'm deferring to Bob. :p

13. BloodClaw

Apr 29, 2001
  14. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    We tried that. Nobody wanted them.

15. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Don't make me step in here and bring back what was the glory days of Mos Alba.......remember the days of good get-togethers......like the big bash at Bob's house (after the cement was poured in Bob's backyard)or the BBQ's at my house.....music, guitars, magic shows and more.....back to the basics without the BS I say! I am sure there are still get-togethers....but one half has their get-togethers and the other half has their own get-togethers. But I hope one day that may pass...... By the way.....hi Mos Alba! I am glad to see that everyone is well! Who's going to see Spiderman this weekend? :D

16. BloodClaw

Apr 29, 2001
    I was talking to Aaron . we should go Sunday afternoon you up.

17. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    You know it brother!

18. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    Sunday huh? Might be able to do that, Don't know if the kid will watch the whole thing though. Maybe leave him and the wife home and I'll come by myself.

19. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002

hey!!! you first. you have had more time to collect the big bucks being RSA longer.

20. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    I've got my ticket for the 1pm show Sunday at Century! :)

21. BloodClaw

Apr 29, 2001
    To think people sleep at the theaters so they can be the first to see the movie:rolleyes: this morning. I wonder what other group is as crazy as that=D=
    I will see you all at the Troop and we will work out a time on Sunday. If you are all game?

22. Fett-BobaFett

Fett-BobaFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2004
    Alright, another chick to help diversify the manwiching.

Good to hear from you, Jess!

The BBQ fell apart. I'm bummed.

I have a calendar full of weekends out of town or else puppysitting 2-3 dogs. Also an aunt coming to town in June sometime. I still want to get together with everybody, though. I miss the group get-togethers.

23. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Hey Colleen!!! Do not worry.....I think some of the old-style get-togethers are in the works! We kinda had a mini one yesterday and it was agreed we need that again! Spider-man 3 rocked!!!

24. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    It's time for a camping trip!!!

I propose the Redondo area up in the Jemez. Some time in late June or early July. Post your interest here and if you have a different place feel free to suggest it. I've been to redondo and they have a cool area there and they even did a presentation on dragonflies at the little theater spot.

25. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    would it be possible to set a day or weekend out of the year to were members could trade sw stuff or any other merch? I have a buttload of stuff I'd be willing to trade for other collectibles.

I've pitched this idea on several occasions back in the day, but how about having meetings at different locations and on Saturdays? I'd love to get back into the swing of things and meet & greet members again.

We could have maybe a family day at Cliffs, Peter Pipers, Isotopes game, or even a park such as Los Altos or Bullhead?

How about starting up a comic/toy show? Just think...Albuquerque's very own SW convention? That'll rock...