main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So what are you expecting from EA's star Wars games.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by shingi_70, Sep 29, 2014.

1. shingi_70

shingi_70 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 24, 2014
    So EA has had Star Wars for a year Noe and we should start seeing more concrete info around the time of the VGAs. We know there are at least three cannon projects on the horizon.

Star Wars Battlefront from DICE skated for mate next year, as well as a new project from Bioware, and something from the new Visercal team led by Amy Henning.

Do what are your hopes. I'll be interested to see how dice handles the campagin mode of battlefield. Will they take a far more narrative take that the past battlefield games have adopted being very story heavy, or be a best of different battles in the Star wars universe.

2. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    DLC out the butt and mandatory origin.

TrandoJedi, sharkymcshark and ayures like this.
  3. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    With it being EA I'm incredibly cautious right now. I do hope they make a good battlefront game and that open world star wars game sounds promising, also it sound like DICE wants to make a good battlefront game. Then again, if EA is going to do what they have been lately, bad launches and tons of DLC's, then I remain cautious.

4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    It will be mindless guff designed to have widespread sales and be forgotten. Like other COD/Battlefield style shooters and not like CS, Payday 2 or Insurgency. Sadly.

Chewgumma and ayures like this.
  5. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    I know, that's what I'm afraid of. :(

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Well knowing EA, they'll find a way to screw it up

7. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    I am expecting to never see an updated XWing/TIE Fighter.

8. Eternity85

Eternity85 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    EA cannot be trusted to deliver quality games. The only good reason to remain hopefull is BioWare, a division of EA. BioWare should make the new SW games without interference from EA executives. Mass Effect 2 & 3 would have been even better if BioWare were allowed more creative freedom.

9. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    When was EA not consider one the worst game publishers? I do know there was a time when they were on top but they have really crashed down lately. I sure hope they somehow make a good star wars game but its not looking good.

10. ayures

ayures Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 24, 2014
    The era of good SW games is over.

11. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    EA's first Star Wars release is here people!

[​IMG]

Implying it wasn't already long dead.

12. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    Why am i not surprised.

13. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    how this thread portrays EA

Six and Hamawald like this.
  14. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I think that's a pretty accurate video.

15. The Admiral Snackbar

The Admiral Snackbar Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 3, 2014
    Honestly im looking forward to it. EA may be evil but they have great devs under their belt.

16. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    They aren't unlike Disney - They own various other companies that can make good stuff even if they themselves aren't as consistent anymore with their own projects.

You just have to trust EA to let them get on with it as Disney does with the likes of Pixar & Marvel

17. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    I'm expecting they make a Rebels game and a Battlefront III game that won't be called Battlefront III.

18. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of DLC. Darth Vader's Helmet? 4.99. X-Wing Starfighter Shortcut? 19.99. Weapon Skin packs with one out of the four skins in the pack being what you want? 9.99.

Let's not forget the pre-order bonus of a extra exclusive pistol that is exactly the same as the regular blaster pistol.

19. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Yearly updates, minimal improvements.

20. D.A. McCoy

D.A. McCoy Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    The main issue I have with EA has to do with some of their business policies, so I"m not too worried on the creative part of it, especially since probably only a small amount of the games will be developed in-house.

I think DICE is going to do a great Battlefront. I know they get a lot of complaints now because of the Battlefield 4 launch (I started playing BF4 in Spring of 2014, and I never had any problems with it, but I know TONS of people did). But each update works better and better, and I think they won't make the same mistake again. At least I hope.

I imagine we'll see a lot of shooters and 3rd-person, Jedi Knight/Force Unleashed style games (hopefully closer to Jedi Knight). Only genre of Star Wars game I'm worried about will be the flight action game. Rogue Squadron and Starfighter were my first Star Wars games, and because of them I love flight games to this day. Maybe if Star Citizen or any of the other ones making a comeback get super popular, they'll bring it back.

I honestly don't see how Origin is any worse than Steam, to be honest. Maybe it's just because I get super annoyed at them both, but Origin doesn't do anything more annoying than steam in my experience. Too bad EA won't release it on GOG.

21. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    If past game series EA has taken are of any indicator, one can expect an influx of dlc content, minimal attention to detail, dumbing down of plots and making everything child friendly, crude humor, out-of-date graphics from the get go, etc.