main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq So what did everyone buy?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by WomackD, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WomackD

WomackD Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2003
    I went to the 12:01 release of figures at the Walmart on Academy. Probably about 20 people in line...

All i bought were the 3 new Unleashed Figures and Darth Tater..

I really want the Talking Yoda for 39.99 and the Ultimate Villian figure for $50 but way to expensive for my blood. Also would have liked the sith/jedi controllers for Xbox, but didnt see them...

2. Salvan

Salvan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2004
    Ok I went for Trivia Pursuit Saga Edition but they didnt have it at the wal-mart on Coors and Ellison so my wife and I were swept up in the Action Figure grab. It was so fun!! We purchased Plo-Koon (my favorite Jedi), two different General Grievous's, Darth Vader, Anakin, the Emperor with lightsaber, a royal gaurd and a clone trooper. This was a load of fun!! It was awesome to see the kids nabbing all the cool stuff and adults patiently searching for their own favorites. Hope yall fared as well and had fun as well!!

Late

3. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    After the Eubank WM gig, I went to San Mateo WM and scored that groovy Darth Tater. It appeared that no one hit that WM. They had every figure that went for a free for all at Eubank. "Boba Fetts"? "Leia's"? I wanted to share this little story with everyone...there was this guy, who waited patiently...and waited...till some guy who was pulling out figures out of a case and yelled "Grevious!" This guy standing next to me called out for it. He looked at me and said..."I can go home now, I got my Grevious". That was funny...cause all I wanted was a Vader Tater.

Look out for variations...I picked up a Clone Trooper w/ no painted dots on waist and no double lines on chest at San Mateo!!

4. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    At the Midnight Madness last night, I managed to score one of each of the first 32 basic figures, including both colors of the Royal Guard. I also got three out of the four deluxe (passed on Obi-Wan), as well as all three Unleashed. At Target this morning, I got my Lava Vader, and got to keep my #01 ticket for the figure. :)

5. WomackD

Aug 20, 2003
    I was able to get the Red Guard at Target, after securing my #3 Lava Vader... I can't believe that my friggen Vader card is bent, even though it's in the plastic case! argh....

What store are you guys going to dress up at this afternoon? I want to take my nieces to get pictures with some Star Wars characters...

6. Salvan

Dec 4, 2004
    Anyone find Luminara Unduli ? ON the walmart website they have her as in stock but at the walmart's my wife is scavanging at they havent had her. Did anyone see her?

7. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I saw a Luminara at the Wyo/Academy WM....

got a bunch of the Galactic Heroes, and Grievous & DV Force battlers.

All the Darth Taters were gone *sniff*

8. Salvan

Dec 4, 2004
    Blast she already hit that one today. Someone must have snagged it before she got there.

9. LetoQuorme

Nov 11, 2001
    Check the Eubank/Lomas and Montgomery/Wyoming Targets. They had a bunch of figures #29-32 (which includes Luminara), both on the shelf and in unopened boxes.

10. JediMexx

JediMexx Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2004
    Spent some quality time in Los Lunas with the fellas grabbing everything we could...I have to give props to the Wal-Mart in LL...they let us open the cases ourselves! Got all the 12" figures...All the Jedi figures...All the Force Battlers....Grevious Unleased...Darth Tater...Anikan/Vader lightsaber...And the Ultimate Villian 12"...got everything I wanted/needed! What a great night!

11. Salvan

Dec 4, 2004
    Thanks Leto Ill do that as soon as I get off work. My wife has had enough shopping today:( so I cant ask her to go to any more stores lol

12. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    I only bought a couple of posters, a box of Cheezit and a watch.

13. mandy_djo

mandy_djo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    I haven't hit the stores up yet. Today I plan to look into it. The other day I bought the star wars cheezit box though! does that count?

14. jedibb123

jedibb123 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2003
    We made out like bandits! We got all the Basic Figures, 3 of 4 Deluxe Figures (passed on Obi-Wan also), all three Unleashed, and 3 of 4 12" figures (missed out on Grievous). We also picked up Darth Tater, Call Upon Yoda, and of course Lava Vader. So, who has opened up all their toys already?

15. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Made out with one of all 3 3/4 figure's. all 12" figure
    except Grievous. all deluxe figures, all ship's. battle
    vehicles wave one, blaster's interactive yoda. pez heads
    and unleashed figure's. set me back a few buck's and change.

[face_devil]

16. mandy_djo

mandy_djo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    yeah I just got back from Wal-Mart. I didn't get any figures- I can't afford to get many. I did get Obi-Wan's lightsaber and the ep 3 teaser poster. I couldn't find the regular movie poster. Was that suppose to go on sale with all of the rest of the stuff today?

17. WomackD

Aug 20, 2003
    I just got back from Target on Wyoming/Montgomery and found myself the Arc-170 Fighter for 29.99.. This might be one of the best looking vehicles I have ever owned..

I really want to take this bad boy out of the box....Apparenty so did the guy that kept trying to take it from my shopping cart, good grief...

18. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Mandy and I went to Wal-Mart together. All I got was the color-changing Anakin/Vader lightsaber though! Now I have an entire series of Anakin/Vader lightsabers. One from AotC, one from RotS, and one Vader saber from the Special Edition release. Otherwise, I'm too poor. I wanted a figurine of Mon Mothma, but alas, I just *can't* be spending anymore money!

19. overlord1138

overlord1138 Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2005
    Not that I can afford it, but I sort of went crazy and pulled out the credit card. It's a sickness, but I figured I'd eventually get this stuff, and I figured I'd save time having to search for it later.

SO I got one each of the collection 1 and 2 figures except for the Red Royal Guard which I couldn't find. I finally found one of the Blue Royal Guards at Toys R Us. Neither guard was at Wal-Mart or Target.

I got the Palpatine, Anakin, and Grevious Deluxe figures, borga creature, Grevious' wheel bike, BARC speeder, Droid Tri-fighter, 12" Ultimate Villian Darth Vader, Saga Chess set, Darth Tator, and Lava Vader.

I had to show SOME restraint and pass on the AT-RT, ARC Fighter, Obi-Wan's jedi fighter, and the Star Wars Risk game. That ARC fighter looked nice too!! There is so many of the books I want too. :(

20. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    Here's my haul. Didn't find a Red Guard yet but I'm not sweating it. They'll be plentiful soon.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Redgek/E3HaulLaunchday.jpg]

21. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    Oh yeah, those of you who were at Los Lunas WM: Thanks for your help in finding figures and guarding the cart!

22. LetoQuorme

Nov 11, 2001
    I picked up the ROTS novelization and the Visual Dictionary today.

EDIT: And it took me over three hours to open all of my figures last night. :p

23. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I got both anakin and obi-wan unleashed figures,an anakin,an aayla, a luminara,a padmé andddddd a lava vader!!!!!! I also got a box of Corn Pops with the saber spoon and some stickers from the gift card area of walmart!!

edit: I also got a coloring book and started coloring in it lol!

24. jango_junkie

jango_junkie Jedi Master star 3

Apr 3, 2005
    1-29 of the figures, #34 clone pilot, Darth Tator, Deluxe anakin/vader, and Lava Vader! no red guard though, D'oh! Thanks for all the help at the Eubank Wal-Mart Brian and Bob. Also a special thanks to the nice woman (forgot name, sorry!) who watched over my basket at the Wal-Mart. You guys that passed out the figures as well, THANK YOU! without that help, I would not have bought all the things that I got. I spent $230 this weekend and it was money well spent. I might grab a Early bird kit this week at Wal-mart on coors and even those $3.00 posters as well.

ALSO, look at the deluxe Anakin/Vader if you got it. There are two variations of the packaging and they goofed on a spot on the packaging. On the back, where it says, "Collect these other great action figures", when it shows a picture of the deluxe General Grievous, it is supposed to say "Secret Lightsaber Attack General Grievous" but it says "Secret Lightaber General Grievous". They mispelled Lightsaber which is pretty funny! I am new to the collecting aspect of Star Wars, is this worth anything?

Thanks and this is my 1st post!

25. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Redgek will keep eye out for you on the red guard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.