main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO So what did everyone think of the new toys?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by GlennB, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlennB

GlennB Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 1999
    I for one think the new 3 3/4" figures are great. Some of them only have one pose, but the playability of most is awesome.

Padmé looks a little masculine, and C3PO could have had a better paint job.

Obi-Wan's hair and Anakin's retractable lightsaber are unnecessary but reminiscent of the vintage Luke Skywalker (ANH).

Everything else looks terrific in this line.

I love the new lightsabers, Dooku's being the coolest. And I haven't bought them yet, but I'm going to pick up the Epic Duels and the Anakin game (the actual name escapes me now) because they look to be a lot of fun.

2. DarthBarbieDoll

DarthBarbieDoll Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2002
    I was quite impressed with the quality of the toys, just a bit disappointed in the sheer number in the first wave of action figures.. 27 is alot, and that's alot of cash. I am the kind of collector that just gets all of the first wave and then maybe some of the other releases if they look cool and I want them, lol. Hm, maybe the marketing team has figured out that's what some of us do..

I also wonder if the Dooku/Yoda lack of availability is a bit reminiscent of the problem we had with Maul when he first came out. Was it a planned marketing scheme? Maybe.. It was like there were hardly any and then by the end of the summer he was on sale, lol.

I also splurged and got the 12" Clone Trooper and the Slave I ship as well. I have the soundtracks too and had to run around to Target and Walmart to get their special offers on their soundtrack release. I also am avoiding all spoilers so I got the stuff but didn't look too close just in case.

I'm terribly upset, one of my friends accidentally blabbed a spoiler to me tonight. He was like.. but you got the figure, it's right there on the back of the package.. I was like, but I don't read it close until after the movie!!! *sniff*

3. Anakin_Skywalker_

Anakin_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2002
    I've bought the Anakin Skywalker
    "hangar-duel" and Jango Fett "Kamino Escape" and I was very impressed by both of them. When Episode I came out and I bought several figurines I decided to leave them in the packages due to the difficulty of locating certain figures, although with the release of AOTC figures I couldn't resist opening them. Heck, Anakin and his two lightsaber pose and removable arm. Jango Fett and his short-range blasters. And yet the intricacy of every figure. The new figures, in my opinion, are of near perfection.

4. dougcpa

dougcpa Jedi Master star 1

May 5, 2001
    Yes, the new figures do look great and have nice details. Since the pricing has gone down a $1 they seem more of a value too.

For those who might still be looking for Yoda, the Liberty WM has quite a few on an endcap. I didn't see any Dooku's though, but thanks to a friend who picked him up a few weeks ago I did get one.

Also, most all the area WM's now have the 2nd wave of figures above #27. The Luke and Vader figures are fantastic.

5. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    need more R2D2 toys :)

Got the small figure, going to get the lego r2 tomorrow...just need more R2 stuff.

6. DarthBarbieDoll

Apr 22, 2002
    I usually just get the first wave of figures. Are the figures above #27 still AOTC figures or are they from the other movies?

7. dougcpa

May 5, 2001
    Yes, there will be non-AOTC figures in the same lots as the AOTC figures and will also be numbered within the same numbering sequence. For instance, they just released figures #29 Bespin Duel Luke, #30 Bespin Duel Vader, #32 Qui-Gon, and #33 Endor Rebel Soldier. They come on the exact same card as the AOTC figures and are indistinguishable from the AOTC figures. So if you're in to collecting figures related to the first 3 movies you'll still have to follow the AOTC case assortments and release dates.

8. DarthBarbieDoll

Apr 22, 2002
    Does anyone collect the 12" figures too? I was thinking about getting the Jango one because I heard the detail was pretty incredible. My friend also told me there were some pretty amazing Unleashed figures at Babbages.. anyone see those? I haven't been there to see them yet.

9. dougcpa

May 5, 2001
    I don't collect the 12" figures per se. I generally just pick up ones that are rather striking. The Jango set is pretty neat, as he has a lot of goodies packed in with him. The Gladstone WM as of yesterday had 8 or so of him.

The Unleashed figures are clogging the pegs at WM, don't bother going to Babbages (you'll pay more). Right now there are two Unleashed figures, Darth Maul and Jango/Boba. A third is coming out later this year (Anaking Skywalker).

10. Lordstimpy

Lordstimpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2002
    About Jango, the holster straps that go around his leg don't fit. And this shin pads don't fit right. It would be a great toy if I could get all the parts on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.