main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass So What Did You Get?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthWormie, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    With the holidays winding down, did you happen to find any Star Wars goodies hidden amongst the presents you received? If so, what did you get?

I found a few SW gifts mixed in with the clothing and gift cards that I received. A couple of Hallmark ornaments, a couple of booster packs for the SW miniatures game, a couple of single carded Mini-Unleashed figures (I never knew these existed), and a 2-pack of the SW Galactic Heroes figs. But the best of the bunch was what my wife gave me, the giant R2-D2 wastebasket. Haven't decided where to put it yet, so for now it's sitting in the corner of the living room, peeking out at me while I watch TV.

2. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Merry Xmas everyone and I hope yall had a good one.

For me it is still a little early to know what I got for Xmas. I still have my mom and brother coming in from Ohio today. From my in-laws I got an outfit and we both got money. From my sister-in-law I received a few items. From my wife I received the Battle for Hoth minature set from Target (she got confused since there were two this year lol), the Vault from Sansweet, and at some point I will be getting either an Animated Han or Chewy statue from Gentle Giant she can't remember which one she ordered that came on Xmas Eve to my sister-in-laws place after they had already left for the Xmas eve party. After I find out which Animated statue I got I will order the other one from a local shop to complete the set. I should of had her order from him but at the time he didn't have them in stock they were $20 cheaper through him.

Since my b-day is around this time of year I got an early b-day gift of the Star Wars Complete Lego Saga for the Wii. Pretty fun and will be a blast to play when I have a meet at my place.

3. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    My best friend Ed gave me my only SW gift: a "Saga Legends" RotS Clone Trooper. With my recent return to bowling, most of my gifts were bowling-related, and I blogged about those. As I've noted, between his b-day and Xmas, I gave more SW gifts to my big nephew than I received myself.

4. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Hi guys....

My SW surprises were:

Darth Vader (pre-Mustafar) figure
    30th anniversary trading cards
    Hologram Image DV Bobble Head
    TIE Advanced Titanium Fighter

I gave my room mate Plo Koon's (sp?) Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring from the Titanium Series.

:)

5. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    No Star Wars gifts for me this year, but I did get myself a subscription to Star Wars Insider.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

Frank

6. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    That counts.

7. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    Actually I forgot one big Star Wars gifts, of sorts. My wife let me watch the films each time they played on HBO in December, without ever complaining. And they played the Original Trilogy quite a bit this month. I just finished watching ROTJ a few minutes ago as a matter of fact. Actually, for my wife not to complain with me watching them so much, it was more of a Christmas Miracle!

That R2 bucket is a great gift! I'd love to pick up one of those someday.

Frank

8. McLOVIN

McLOVIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2007
    I got the Star Wars Vault and the Hallmark Jedi Legacy ornament.

Also received the Stephen Colbert book, a very funny read.

I got the Hallmark Rockem Sockem Robots ornament.

Also some dress socks, handkerchiefs, and breath right strips.
    (what I had asked for

)

9. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    The Star Wars Vault looks like a great book. Would you say it's worth getting?

10. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    On a more local vein, I forgot to mention my brother gave me the Red Sox 2007 World Series Champions t-shirt in addition to one of the Westgate Lanes gift cards. :D

11. McLOVIN

Aug 19, 2007
    To answer this question I would say it is very expensive at 85 dollars.

But my mom got it with a her Barnes & Nobel card which gave her an additional 10% off the already 20% off new book discount and she had additional coupons as a member to get a grand total of 65% off!!

The Barnes & Nobel membership is 25 dollars a year and well worth it with the savings you get.

But the book is excellent if you are into the history and obscure collectible nostalgia of the movies.

12. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    Very cool, thanks. I'll probably pick it up after the price drops a bit, looks like a great book.

13. McLOVIN

Aug 19, 2007
    it is really nice and it comes with some cool items.

It comes with two CDs one track that has Carrie Fisher singing the Life Day song from the Holiday Special.

I think for the 85 dollars it should of included a DVD with some stuff that they couldn't put into a book format.

Oh well maybe next time they will.

14. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    If you can get to a BJs check there for the SW Vault the one in Westboro I think had these for $45.

15. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    That's where mine came from, BJ's. If you don't have the connections like Chris ;)It's definitely the best place to get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.