So what do you think will end first? The Suns win streak or the 76ers losing streak?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Armenian_Jedi, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Force Ghost

star 5

Agreed, Arenas has developed himself into a superstar.
  2. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    U of A> other basketball schools
  3. heels1785 SWC Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
  4. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
  5. Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It is a fairly underrated program, but that's part of the East Coast bias that favors the ACC and Big East.
  6. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    I wouldn't say Arizona's really underrated, because at least in my eyes they're up there with the best basketball schools in the country. Not the very best, necessarily, but up there with them. Definitely deserves to be mentioned with Duke, UNC, Kentucky, UConn, and other top notch programs. Lute Olsen is a very good coach.
  7. Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You know full well Duke, NC and UConn always dominate headlines and coverage.
  8. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    'Zona gets a fair amount too, though, at least that I've noticed. Perhaps a bit less on the regional basis, but not extensively so. And they usually are listed among the big time programs that I've seen.
  9. rechedelphar Force Ghost

star 6
    4 game loosing streak for the Wildcats
  10. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    and what's that have to do with the Suns or 76ers? :p
  11. Boomer_Athena Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm assuming he intended to post in that "Big Blue Nation" thread.

~Of course, it hadn't been posted in, in a considerable amount of time before he bumped it up, so who knows?"~
  12. Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ol' reche wanted to chime in on the Arizona discussion, but it's kinda weird to up the thread for that reason.
  13. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    on a side note, that's one of my favorite lines from Rocky Balboa in your sig Saro. :p
  14. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    come on, guys :p. the real irony here is that the suns are on a winning streak that's just two games short of the one they were on when this thread was started :p.
  15. Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    What's great is that the soundtrack to the movie has lines from the saga sprinkled in, and that's one of them. That and the 'oh, he's European?' are my favorites.

And to keep the thread on subject: the Suns will never lose another game again. :p
    And heads will start rolling by the end of the season in Philly, with Billy King's coming off first and then Maurice Cheek's (unfortunately, he's not one of Brown's guys, despite being a good coach).
  16. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    A few days ago I wondered if the Suns could get another double digit win strea this season and get 3 overall... then I realized they'd have to lose a game eventually and the odds of that occuring aren't very good. :p

I have no idea why I haven't thought of getting that soundtrack... You inspired me. I'm heading to Best Buy right now... seriously.
  17. Boomer_Athena Jedi Master

star 4
    The Suns will certainly have an easier game tonight, since Garnett is suspended.
  18. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    watch them lose by 10 or more for the first time this season :p.

they should set a goal of crushing the wolves by at least 20, which they're capable of doing, but who knows how it'll actually be. they've been sluggish of late.
  19. Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's a very long (too long, IMO) season. The Suns know they are in the upper echelon of the league: some malaise is understandable and often unavoidable (unless you're that crazy Bulls team). Of course, the Suns are playing for seeding, but they can win at tough venues anyway (they'll probably be the 2 seed). All they need is the obvious combo of health and good play to carry into the playoffs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.