main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So, what does everyone here do that's not Star Wars related?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by NarundiJedi, Oct 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I'm just curious. I know we're all Star Wars fans and that's why we're here, but what does everyone else here do besides Star Wars?

For me, my life basically consists of going to school at lovely RPI. I'm studying to become an engineer when what I really want to do is become an author or a rock star! YEAH!!! But anyway, I also run varsity cross country at RPI, and this year we're going all the way to NATIONALS baby!!! Whoo hoo! Of course we still need to get there yet, but I have faith ;) Besides running I enjoy skiing and bowling, and I love animals, especially cats. Even though they make me sneeze :p I also absolutely LOVE dance music. Ok, I think that's enough about me. Now it's your turn.

Jae Angel

PS- Under no circumstances should you people reveal who Jimmy is in this thread! And also, if I hear the "K"-word I'm gonna have to disintegrate you! ;) hehehe

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I am a 16-hour college student in Ashland, OR. I spend approximately 8-10 hours a day online, if not more, so I basically have no life. :) I do hang out with my friends a lot here, and I am actively seeking out a new girlfriend.

3. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Yeah, I forgot to add going to parties as a part of my life, because it's just about a weekly ritual. Sometimes I even go out on Thursdays :p I'm bad!

Jae Angel

4. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Let me see. Most noteable among the various non-Star Wars things I do is that I study the American Civil war and history in general. I also study military aircraft and ships, with an emphasis on WWII era planes and ships. Though it is partially Star Wars related, I also do my best to run a web site of my own.

5. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    So you wanna be a rock superstar?
    And live large?
    A big house/
    Five cars...

Right, I'm a high school student, if anyone cares I'm captain of my school's martial arts squad (I say that in posts that are about SW, too!) and my favorite food is lobster. I've moved to Buffalo, NY from Manhattan as of March and it's cold here.

6. corran_rouge9

corran_rouge9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2001
    Not Star Wars related...but, but...

Seriously, I'm a Christian. I focus on deepening my walk and enjoying life. I am a good student, so a lot of time goes to school. I love to hang out with my girlfriend and friends, take bike rides, and watch sunsets. And look for books before they are due out. BTW, Jimmy is...Chewbacca??? ;)

7. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Ah, another upstate New Yorker!! Just do me a favor and don't start saying "Pop" now that you live in Buffalo! It's SODA, man, SODA!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr!!!! hehe ;)

Jae Angel

8. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    Beyond Star Wars??? What???

9. Boutros-Boutros

Boutros-Boutros Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2001
    I think my school has a better hockey team than yours, NarundiJedi. :D

10. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Don't tell me you're from Clarkson!! I'll come up there and hurt you! hehehe ;)

Jae Angel

11. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    History and Archaeology major in college, love to read, play in the orchestra and quartets, art. etc. etc. Speaking of which...tonight I translated my first whole Ancient Middle Egyptian inscription. Very, very happy. :D

12. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Don't worry; I argue about it really being "soda" with my friends every day at luch. LOL Asyr Handor, there is stuff going on in a galaxy right now, very, very close...

13. Draco_Starcloud

Draco_Starcloud Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 25, 2001
    Boring school stuff, boring Marching band staff, and sometimes Gundam stuff that is fun.

14. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Am I the only one not in a school of any kind to have answered in here?

15. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Oh, yeah, I'm an otaku as well. I think Draco Starcloud could tell that from my username (I was gonna make it "Quattro Rey" but it wasn't versatile enough).

16. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    yes, I guess there are a lot of us in our teens and early 20's on these boards. . .

Jae Angel

17. Boutros-Boutros

Boutros-Boutros Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2001
    No I'm from the University of Alaska Fairbanks. We have a real good team this year, 6-2-0 so far, averaging nearly 5 goals a game. We don't play many ECAC teams, though. You guys got a couple more votes in the USCHO.com poll, but we got votes in the USA today poll. Old polls anyways, new ones should be coming out soon. Unfortunately we will probably never find out who is better team. :)

18. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Oh, ok. Just as long as you're not from Clarkson or St. Lawrence. ;)

Anyhoo, goodnight everyone! :D

Jae Angel

19. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I know one thing I'm gonna go do in a few minutes that's not Star Wars related: sleep! Unless, of course, I have a Star Wars dream tonight....

20. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    I already know I'm going to go do the same thing I do every night. Try to take over the world!

Alternately, I could just go to sleep and have that dream where I'm sleeping.

Or the one where I'm asked to give an impromptu speech on the French Revolution in front of my whole school.

I also have4 nightmares where I'm trapped, immobile inside a Yuuzhan Vong burial husk and people are all sad, and I wan't to tell them that I'm alright, but...

G'night.

21. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I had a dream last week where I was the only person in the world who had seen Episodes 2 and 3, and I was sworn to secrecy. It was excruciating, let me tell you.

22. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    You know what's weird? Before seeing TPM, I had some dreams about it, and some small things came true. Such as, I dreamed about a ship called the Olle, and then there's a character named Ric Olie...And then I dreamed about capitol ships surrounding a planet at the opening shot of the movie...

Lately I keep having these dreams that I'm best friends with Hayden, but he won't freaking tell me anything about Episode II...

Anyway, about myself - I basically have no life as of now. LOL. I'm going to start working in a couple weeks, because I'm trying to save some money to buy a car and a better computer. Not to mention get my own place next year. I may have to move out to Kentucky, because that's where my girlfriend is probably going to college. It's kind of depressing, because I've lived in California my whole life and would be homesick, but I'm sure I'll be happy with her ( I met her 3 years ago and our relationship is still going strong, 110% )

As for my hobbies...well, besides liking every single aspect of Star Wars, which has ruled my life since 1994, I like listening to music a lot, watching movies, and reading books and magazines. All kinds of stuff. I'm basically self-taught and absorb a lot of information, both useful and useless through my love of popular culture and media. I love any kind of fantasy or sci-fi movie ( mostly pre-90's stuff ) as well as Japanese animation and comic books. Oh, and videogames - both new computer games and classics on all console systems. I also like rainy days and going on walks at night. :)

23. Dark_Jedi_Skywalker

Dark_Jedi_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2001
    I am a poor university student, working for what seems like forever toward a law degree that always seems too far away, so when I'm not doing stuff that's Star Wars related, I'm usually reading a book, or writing a paper that's due the same day(wishing that i could be reading or watching soething Star Wars, but I finished SbS yesterday and that should hold me for a while.

24. RingoJuna

RingoJuna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2001
    Things that aren't SW, let's see. I usually like to play RPG's and PS2 games, read, collect DVD's, have off the wall conversations with my friends, watch the WWF, try and write scripts, contemplate, take long showers, look for neat stuff on the web, be a quasi-conspiracy theorist, listen to NPR and talk radio.....maybe more, but i'd have to think about it.

25. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    I thought I was the only person in the world who takes long showers. All the way until the hot water runs out. If it lasted 2 hours I'd be in there that long sometimes...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.