main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So what does everyone think of Galactic Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DarthKyp99, Dec 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthKyp99

DarthKyp99 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2001
    i think it is really good. AOE2 oim Gb is a great game

2. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    Seriously I never liked Strategy games

Action/Adventures/Fighting/Shooting are my favourites

3. magneto

magneto Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    I love it expesially(sp) the Gungans!

4. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    The demo sucked. No originality. Just AOE2 with new graphics. IMHO.

5. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    The demo sucked. No originality. Just AOE2 with new graphics. IMHO.

Some of it is the same as AoK. The rest of it is not. The econ is exactly the same (with the exception of random food starting - this is a HUGE difference), but the military and playing style is completely different. You have not played enough of each game to really know the differences.

6. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    The demo sucked

HERE HERE!

The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked The demo sucked

:p ;) :D

7. Emperor_Dan

Aug 21, 1999
    Ok, I agree, the demo suckd.

Teh full game puts it to shame :D

8. Lord_Erly

Lord_Erly Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2001
    Yes, I think the demo would have convinced me *not* to buy it, because the demo pretty looked like AoE II with poorer graphics.

But luckily that one camel kindly suggest to me that I should buy it. And yes, it's an interesting game.

Maybe it is like AoK, but that is not a bad thing... the fact that C&C2 is like C&C sure didn't stop anyone from buying it. It can be considered a sequel to AoK in a way.

There's one great feature though that AoK is missing, and that GBG has: Idle Worker Notification. That comes in really handy, especially if your economy smells like camels.

Here! Here!
    Camel Camel Camel Camel Camel Camel Camel Camel Camel Camel Camel Camel Camel Camel

9. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    meh, the planes are nice

10. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    Since I never played AoE I guess I have to compare it to Warcraft. My biggest complaint is that theres no way to assign a group together for a quick recall that I know of. When you're doing a large battle, it becomes rather difficult to control every unit efficently. Oh and I hate how you guys will choose to attack a prefab shelter over the enemy shooting them in the back.

11. DUM4

DUM4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2000
    "My biggest complaint is that theres no way to assign a group together for a quick recall that I know of."

To do that, select your group you want, then press Ctrl & a #(1-9). Then when you want to go back to that group, hit that number to select them, or double-tap that number to select and center your screen on them.

12. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    You have GOT to be kidding me. Was that in AoK? If so, I missed out on a lot of good tactics... didn't know you could do that. Damn.

13. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    lol @ dan , you dolt of course you can do that LOL!!!!

dolt. :p

14. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Shut up. That means I would have owned you 10x worse than I did. :p

15. Charlie_Martel

Charlie_Martel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2001
    AoK/TC sucked, SWGB is even worse. Want strategy? Try a real game like Cossacks: European Wars.

16. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Okay... I'd kill you right here if it weren't for...

[image=http://parimal.xp.com/images/6/pari11a.jpg]

17. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    Ehh, reading the manual is for panies and people that care too much. I like finding out things that you were supposed to know half-way through the game

18. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Anyway, I hope you don't mind if I bring this topic back, well, on topic.

We just got a new computer for Christmas and this has been my first chance in years to buy a computer game. (We got our last comp. in '96) I had played Age of Empires II a couple of times, and I really liked it. Knowing that GB was basically the same game using SW characters and vehicles, I bought it. I really like it. It is just as good (if not better) as Empires, but is more enjoyable for me due to the SW theme.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    the storm after the calm!

19. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    LOL - nice Dan!

must... reisit.. urge... to ... kill.

20. Lone_Padawan

Lone_Padawan Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2001
    I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.I like this game.

I like this game. I am starting to mod it too- I am creating a mod where jedi and sith saber colours change with whatever team colour you play with.

21. agracer

agracer Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2000
    Well,

I have to admit I exchanged it for something else. (Ghost Recon)

It was just AOE II with SW graphics. And I really did not think the graphics were all that well done.

When I watch a Rebel on a Tauntan versus a Knight on a horse the rebel graphic cannot compare. The Knight, looks like a, well Knight on a horse, the rebel looks like a guy on some fuzzy animal, and that's being nice. Even at 1280x1024 it looked bad. I know it's not my system as I have a T-bird 1.0GHz, and a Gf2 ti450, 256 of 2100 DDR Ram.

Also, what's with the sounds? The lasers, lightsabers sound good, so do the tie-fighters, but the mech's sound terrible. It sounds like an extra sound from a Nintendo game, not a AT-AT walking.

I think they rushed it for Chirstmas.

22. Emperor_Dan

Aug 21, 1999
    Dude, did you actually PLAY them game? There's a TON of differences.

1. Power Cores
    2. Different Units - Different Strats
    3. Shields
    4. Air Units
    5. Monks that Attack (Jedi)
    6. Random Food Starts - this makes a world of differences
    7. Space Terrain
    8. More Scenario Editor goodies
    9. Civs are different based on Unique Techs, not on Bonuses that you get right away.
    10. Real World Maps are random.

there's more too...

23. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Well then, dont stop there Emperor - please, GO ON! MORE I WANT MORE!

24. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
  25. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    Oh please... It's the same freaking game. If Blizzard were to release Warcraft 3 using the EB4D graphics and engine, there would be all hell to pay. I think that the same thing applies in this situation. Lucasarts should have done something more innovative instead of using Ensemble's previously created game to make a few quick bucks.

Now Outcast, on the other hand, that looks like a cool game. Sure, it uses the Quake 3/Soldier of Fortune design, but dammit I don't care and I am going to like it! LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.