main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC So what does the USA think of prince charles of winsor

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_master_booth, Nov 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    HRH Prince Charles _ The Prince of Wales Heir to the british throne
    what do you all think of him -

2. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    *waves*

To be honest, I've been so busy with my job, school and the kid that I have no time to worry about the news like I used to. :(

Plus does it realy matter what we think of him? It will not alter the fact that one day he will become the King of England.

3. Darth_Twilight

Darth_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2005
    Well, I'm neither here nor there about him. Not my favorite person, but then again he's done a lot of charity work for which I respect him.

I remember going to London about 8 years ago and seeing a movie at one of his movie theaters. Oh gosh where was it, near Picadilly Circus I think. The movies there were discounted to encourage people to come. And also allow people on tight budgets to be able to go out and see a movie without breaking the bank.

4. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Wait he owns movie theaters!?!

Why does that sound so odd to me, the future King of England owns movie theaters.

5. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    What I thought was funny was the media - it was a big story that his visit wasn't a big story. Americans often just don't "get" royalty. I think I'm one of them.

Though I admit I wanted to marry the crown prince of Spain when I was 15. (Or, rather, when I was 15, I wanted to marry him when I grew up.)

6. KYJellico

KYJellico Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2004
    H.R.H. Prince Charles? Duke of Cornwall and Monmouth? Future King of England? Distant cousin...Don't want to talk about it....
    The REAL Duke and Duchess of Windsor, Uncle David and Wallis... cry out from their graves to me.
    And yes I am titled, ask Chas. Vicki, Clare and I are Lord and Lady Weitzel, 23rd Earl and Countess Westmoreland Baron Gilpin and the honerable Lady Clare. Over on this side of the Atlantic it means nothing...over there however, it means salespeople in Harrod's Kiss our Arse when we shop there.

7. Darth_Twilight

Feb 14, 2005
    Ken! Most impressive! I've got a few of those kinds of credentials as well. Yes yes, you all may kiss my ring now. ;) I only wish we still had the money my ancestry apparently had. I don't wanna be the poor royal around here! *whines*

8. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    I've been told if I look hard enough in England, I can reclaim the title Lady. I have some leads and plan to head over to England in a couple of years to do some research. There is suppose to be a family crest as well.

And of course, I need to party with my m8's in the UK as well when I go. ;)

9. KYJellico

KYJellico Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2004
    Well we are a couple of swells. My ancestry can is both Hanovarian...that is my families claim to the current title....However we can trace our lineage as far back as Richard deGilpin who was a Plantagenet and a cousin and supporter of Richard the III and whom I wrote my... so far only published book upon. (Richard the innocent Crown publishing 19 pounds 49 pence) sorry it is only available in the U.K. I hope some publishing company will pick it up here one day.
    Of course if you read any of the Civil War magazines (The C.W. Courier, The C.W. Times, The C.W. Historian ect, ect.) you will see any number of articles I've written on the subject of the Civil War.

10. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Wow Ken, I didn't know you were published. Roger had a book published as well at one time.

And here I was thinking I was so special because I'm trying to get a comic book out. 8-}

11. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Yeah, well.... my ancestor from England got booted out for stealing sheep in the early 1700's! Ha!

Allegedly, there's some castle which is vaguely related to my family. Though if I had to guess, it's the one we stole sheep from.

12. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    Well thats up to you

13. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Ooooooo...

I wonder if I can buy the title of "Darth"...

[face_thinking]

14. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    Wow! How cool that you guys have titles! Anyone else just a regular non-titled USA mutt like me?? I'm not even British by descent, I'm (supposedly) French, German, Irish, Polish and Welsh - all the good decadent cultures. The closest I come to royal blood is dressing up as Princess Leia [face_laugh]

15. Darth_Twilight

Feb 14, 2005
    My lineage goes back to Italy and Switzerland, so I've got no Brit in me either. I've no idea about my Swiss side, so I usually tell people we were once Lanskneckt (sp?) Mercenaries. (The papal Swiss guard were once those mercenaries, hence why they're called the Swiss guard).

I've got to dig up the coat of arms one of these days, I've got it here somewhere.

16. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
    I'm a good old American mutt! I know for sure there's some German and Slavic of some sort in me. And I think the rest is Russian or Polish. No titles here, thank God.

And as for your question? I don't think about him, really :p

17. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
  18. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Fraud? As in what? I think if you buy a title, than you own that title right?

19. Darth_Twilight

Feb 14, 2005
    Well, fortunately my lineage is legitamate.

20. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    And, hey, there's always marriage or revolution to get a title too. Viable options, tried and true.

21. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Oh I can cause a revolution and appoint myself Supreme Ruler!?! [face_thinking]

22. Darth_Twilight

Feb 14, 2005
    But I thought you'd already appointed yourself that? ;)

[face_devil]

23. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Well of course Chrissy, but no one has acknowledged it yet. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.