main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada So, what is the general Canadian opinion of the USA?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by jedi_master_ousley, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ted_G

Ted_G Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2003
    As an american who has travel Id like to ad my two cents.

I think the reason we americans do not seem to care about International affairs is because of the media.

And being born and raised in Boston, I'm a huge Bruins(Boston was one of the original 6 hockey teams) and hockey fan. I also played hockey so that has something to do with it.

I also have some great Star Wars internet freinds from Canada, one that I'm going to visit soon.

2. SarahSkywalker

SarahSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    I'm a Canadian girl who met and married an American Star Wars fan (yes, we met through SW) and just moved down to Rhode Island. There's nice American's and not nice ones. But the same goes for Canada and everywhere. I've traveled to quite a few states and I think I'd experience culture shock moving to say, Texas or something, but RI is fairly similar to Ontario except I have to remember to ask for "soda" not "pop".
    One thing that bugs me about America is that they do mostly learn about themselves and the news is all about themselves, whereas in Canada we learn about the whole world and our news is much more international. When I first met my husband he was truly ignorant about Canada, as are most Americans I've met (he asked me if we were in the World Wars-yeah, much longer than you were-and I had a chick in Wisconsin ask me if we had movies and telephones and if I'd bought summer clothes just to come to the states) but it's really not the average person's fault, my husband was very curious, as are most people I've met and I think it's really the job of the government to realize that it's really not to their benefit to be so inward looking.
    Overall though, I like it here and don't really feel like an outsider. It's too bad really that America and Canada aren't even closer in relations in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.