main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So WHAT THEATER is everyone going to congregate for the first showing of AOTC?

Discussion in 'Archive: Ft. Lauderdale, FL' started by snafu_714, Mar 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snafu_714

snafu_714 Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2002
    I wanna go where all the true fans are going to be? Is anyone taking the 3 hour pilgrimage up to Orlando for the DIGITAL experience? Or is everyone staying local?

2. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    I am personally going to Orlando for the week. My costuming group is doing the Universal theater a few nights for public appearances and then the digital at least once for the experience. :)

3. AxtonTredway

AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2001
    The 20 or so of us in costume who aren't going to Oralndo will be making our appearance at the Regal Cinema at the Oasis at Sawgras Mall. There's gameworks across the way for food, beverage, and a base for those people who have children. It's the only way for our group to make a substantial appearance while keeping costs to a minimum. From there, we will probably congregate to Tredway Outpost in Plantation. All those in costume will probably get in for free as long as they stick around long enough to promote the event. It's sure to be a blast!

-Axe

4. snafu_714

snafu_714 Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2002
    Does OASIS have a better sound system then say MUVICO? If anybody has the actual information on who has the best system please fill me in. Even if I don't go to Orlando I want to see it in the BEST (local) place possible!

Also, will there be 12 AM showings on Wednesday night-Thursday morning (5-15 / 5-16)? That's when I wanna go!

5. Riachia

Riachia Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    Our reason for choosing Regal is multifold: If we were all "individuals" as opposed to a group attending the event, we might be tempted to go to Muvico for the sound system. (Maybe we'll save that for the 5th time we go!)Regal has comfortable chiars, perfectly good and adequate sound... and it's close to most of our homes. Gameworks across the way has good food(as well as alcohol for members over 21), games, and we are going to celebrate two of our members' birthdays. It will be a fun-filled event.

-Riachia

6. SithLegion

SithLegion Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2000
    I'm going to Muvico in Boca next to I-95. That place is awesome, also Boomers(Gameworks like place) is next store.

7. AxtonTredway

May 30, 2001
    Well, you wanted to know where all the "true fans" were going...we just told you...Regal at Sawgrass.

-Axe :)

8. Lars_Lars

Lars_Lars Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2002
    Fortunately I don't have that far...only an hour to digital bliss at.

AMC Pleasure Island 24
    1500 Buena Vista Drive
    Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-1305
    USA

9. rhino4evr

rhino4evr Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2002
    Hi, Im new. I am a huge SW fan and will be going to the regal cinema at sawgrass. It's right down the street from me since i live in sunrise. I saw Ep1` in Tallahasse when I was going to FSU. I don't think there will be a big difference in theater quality when it comes to the Coral Springs Theater and the Sawgrass theater. Any word on a digital projector coming anywhere closer then orlando?

10. AxtonTredway

May 30, 2001
    rhino:

Since you'll be at Regal at Sawgrass, why don't you meet us this Sun. at Gameworks at noon in order to meet a bunch of fun-loving Star Wars fans?

-Axton Tredway

11. DarthEFelement

DarthEFelement Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2002
    I willpersonally be going the the Muvico in pompano or the Muvico in Boca. Sorry I can't make the 45min drive down to Sawgrass.

12. Panzer M

Panzer M Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 1999
    Muvico theaters is where I'll be seeing the movie with a group of friends and coworkers. We saw it at Muvico Palace the last time around and in my opinion Muvico theaters are really the best overall for the money. Especially the Palace theater in Boca and the Pointe in Orlando. I think for my first viewing I will be going to the theater in Sheridan unless there is a sign of tickets being sold out. In '99 I had no real problem getting tickets when the went on sale for the Muvico in Pompano. Muvico theaters provide a really great film experience. Kudos to all the lucky rebel scum who will be at the movie theater at Plaesure Island when AotC is released.

13. AxtonTredway

May 30, 2001
    I'm just cutious as to how many of you out there remember where you actually saw ep.IV A New Hope? The theater I saw it at doesn't even exist anymore! I don't think there was much digital then; in fact, I'll bet that most of you weren't even walking then, still messing in your diapers! :) :)

-Axe

14. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Axe, the theater I saw A New Hope in used to be on 441 right by Plantation General hospital. That was in 1977 when it was just called Star Wars.

15. Jager_Vex

Jager_Vex Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2002
    sadly, i missed a new hope in it's initial release (i was old enough to see it, but didn't really know much about it at the time). the first one i saw in the theater was empire, but i made sure to see the special edition of ANH when it was released. thus completing my star wars experience in the theaters.

16. KierynFelaris

KierynFelaris Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2001
    Axe, I wasn't in diapers anymore when I saw A New Hope, but my mother is fond of telling the story of how I was so excited to see it, that I fell off the theater seat during the previews beforehand.

Kieryn Felaris

17. DarthEFelement

DarthEFelement Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2002
    I tragically missed it because of an accident, like, I wasn't here in 1977!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.