main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA So what was decided at the meeting on Tuesday night?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Cruzer_Fett, Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cruzer_Fett

Cruzer_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2005
    Just wondering if there was going to be a post about what was decided at the meeting for those of us who couldn't make it.

2. Darth_Tater_Vader

Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Get your gear packed Cruzer, we are heading to Anaheim !! ;)

3. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    We volunteered you to go as Padme [face_laugh]... that's what you get for missing meetings![face_batting]

4. Cruzer_Fett

Aug 31, 2005
    Man, what's a guy supposed to do to be able to have a family around here. Yeah, so this means I get to break out my super secret Padme at the Battle of Geonosis costume I only wear at home on special occasions when no one is watching[face_praying]. There's a pic for the calendar=P~!

5. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    Wearing the Padme outfit is our official Initiation. I had to do it twice...just kidding. I think everyone will give you the details on the trip Thursday at practice, if you can make it. I believe it is at Cheryl's.

6. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    no, practice thurday is at Barry's, friday at Cheryl's, saturday at the park in Tulare - each day for those of whom can make it. we're trying to get some fights down pat. also Lorenzo, we decided that we'd like to stay overnight if possible, and we actually need to know, for head-count purposes, if you and your son are wanting to share a room with other guys (or a suite with EVERYONE if we can find one) or if you want to get your own room. i believe the actual tally right now is 11 total. and we did speak for your vehicle when we were discussing how many seats we need - hope that was ok. that is pretty much everything we discussed. oh, and the night before is actually the regularly scheduled Borders meeting. we discussed going ahead with it as planned, but keeping it VERY short and simple (fingers crossed).

7. Cruzer_Fett

Aug 31, 2005
    All right aren't you guys married? Why is your husband posting and then your reposting to correct him. Aren't you two supposed to be on the same page or something. I thought that only happened in my marriage...or is that some guy thing that once again demonstrates women are smarter than men!!! :D Ok, thanks for the info on my role. I told Charles I was definitely interested in participating, but that I would still need to talk to the boss about it and that if I could go I would offer up one of my vehicles as a means of transportation. The boss told me just tonight after I mentioned the convention that we were close to being broke for the rest of the month. No thanks in part to my costuming efforts! I've got to be in Sacramento this Friday and down in L.A. on the 28th so we already are going to have some unplanned costs for those trips, making this month even more financially tight.
    So with regards to this trip, I don't believe my son and I can do an overnight thing. We're probably looking at a Saturday only trip for us to help keep the cost of the trip down and so we're not gone all weekend. So that means that the transportation thing probably won't work and we'll probably have to take the Camry to keep the gas costs down meaning we'd only have room for two more people. But if we're the only ones going for only one day, then that doesn't matter, but the fact that we can't transport other people does. As of right now this looks like how we will be able to participate. Hope this helps in the planning, Lorenzo

Oh, and we've got to take off Friday morning at 4-5a.m. to get to Sacramento in time so count me out for Thursday practice, and Friday practice if we don't get back in time. So, what time is practice on Saturday?

8. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    cruzer, looks like i can only do a day trip too, gotta work on sunday. my game plan was maybe driving my car down, grabbing a brief and restful nap on the floor somewhere (yeah right) and then heading home at the emperor's-forehead crack of dawn on sunday.

however, if you're going to day-trip too, perhaps we can combine efforts? depending on whether you want to leave when everyone else does, and how late you are willing to stay on saturday... i was fully not looking forward to the long lonely drive from anaheim on sunday morning, almost to the point of scrapping the trip. and then there's gas prices... oy. but i do like my "own space" on the road, and weird travelling hours, so there are advantages...

besides, no way can i back out now, not with the opportunity to see you in that padme outfit..!

9. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    "Why is your husband posting and then your reposting to correct him."

hrm. welcome to my galaxy. hehe. i have to correct him because yes, like all men, he's clueless. without me he would quite literally be lost most of the time.

actually, i know that Cheryl is only going to be able to make the one day, though she never said for sure whether she was planning on driving home saturday night or sunday morning. i can't speak for her of course, but you two might want to arrange something.

**whoa that was weird, she beat me to the punch.

10. Cruzer_Fett

Aug 31, 2005
    All right, I was outside working in the garage on my neverending quest to finish this freakin jetpack. I had to make two cuts in some 3.5" ABS piping and so I drug the skill saw outside the side door so that the shavings wouldn't shoot everywhere (now that I think about it there are shavings everywhere already in a corner of the garage). Anyways after I made my quick two cuts, some guy yelled out from the darkness "hey rump hole it's 11 o'clock at night"...only he didn't use the word "rump" but the traditional word for a donkey(no not "mule"). And I had to come inside so now I'm on the computer again cause it's not my bedtime yet. Anyways back to what happened outside before comming in, I became insulted and shouted back "you've got a lot of class, what kind of coward shouts out profanity in the middle of the night". I waited for a response and even started up my saw three more times to encourage a response. Then I called him a coward again and told him to shout out again so I could see where it was comming from and we could talk about it. At this point I was looking for a fight (Not good, that's the old Lorenzo). Anyways now I've calmed down, drinking a beer to help, and here I am again on the computer.

Cheryl you're killing me with that Sunday morning return. I've always said that I'd be a truck driver if I could make a living of it, so I understand about the driving when others aren't out yet. I love to drive the highway. But I would prefer to leave early Sat. morning and come back late Sat. night as long as I had a person to help me drive at night cause I am not a night driving person(I get sleepy driving at night) but love to drive in the wee hours of the morn. As far as sleeping in the same room with "the guys"...I don't know if I'm ready to get to know them that well and take it to the next level[face_laugh]. Meaning, I don't know what their nocturnal sanitary habits are for sleepovers[face_worried]and a single snorer in the group will keep me up. Plus, I'm fearful of some golden shorts or panties or something I've read horrored mentions on the boards about that someone on these boards owns. I would hate to see them during a sleepover...that would most definitely scar my son and my memories for life:_|.

In my opinion, if I'm going to sleep over, I might as well stay the second day also because I'm already there.
    You're kill'n me Cheryl!
    I'm thinking more like leaving early early Sat. morn and starting back sometime between 6-8 p.m. just because I hate driving too late at night because I get sleepy and that's not safe driving.

11. The-Bald-Wookiee

Feb 13, 2005
    "Nocturnal Sanitary Habits"... Sleeping in the shower?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'ma have to take a pass on tonight, I don't think I'd be well enough to drive home after; not too sure that driving out is such a good idea either. I've been very mildly sick since last Sunday, and it finally seems to be picking up. I'm hoping if I stay in tonight, and home tomorrow morning, I'll at least be able to attend Friday night practice. And even if I can't participate Josh and I can work on the mechanics of our duel. (I think we should start off with a modified beginning of "Our" old fight and go from there). Maybe work in The Wig's style of fighting if we can, haven't seen that one in while.

My hope is that by allowing myself to rest now I'll not still be sick when next weekend rolls around, when it really matters.

And before anyone starts asking questions... Yes. This is because I was out late, in the cold, last Saturday. It is my own damn fault. I knew better. And I should have gone inside after practice was done. I will consider this an object lesson to prevent me from doing so in the future. (I can learn, unfortunatley it always seems to be the hard way). The cold air and I do not see eye to eye I am afraid. And a decided lack of insulation on my part does not help. (To make it even worse the whole "at least in the winter you can put on more clothes" thing does not work when said clothes are soaked in sweat).

On a related note I feel the sooner we can switch to daytime practice the happier (not to mention healthier) I'm going to be. And also the more likely I will be able to participate in those things for which we are practicing, instead of being sick because of it. Sorta gets in the way having to duel from my bed, but it could be a new twist!

And lastly now, please please please forgive me if seem a might tetchy, but I really hate feeling like this. It is my fond hope to take steps to avoid being out as often this year vs. the previous two (it was bad, Cheryll can tell you. I work in a germ farm[face_sick]).

I promise I'll be making really really bad puns in no time!:D

'o wau no lau i ke makani...;)

12. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    [face_plain]

and i shouldn't have let you. or should've buried you in the dave's blankets, the ones that are so heavy you can't move, with not even the tip of your nose sticking out. and a heater, the dave has a heater in the garage, why didn't i think of it?

damn damn damn. :(

13. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    Cheryl, everytime you refer to your husband as "the dave" it makes me think of how Donald Trump changed his name to "The Donald".

14. The-Bald-Wookiee

Feb 13, 2005
    That's because he's not just any Dave, he's the Dave.

By the way, anybody know if practice is still on for tonight? I know this is the pefect time to ask because it usually starts at 7pm, and everyone will probably be on their way. =P~

15. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    actually, jer, that's where i got it... except i got it from doonesbury, who i thought was just making fun of him (it's for real? jeeeez... nobody *I* know has an ego like that) ;)

the reason he's The Dave is because i know a lot of daves... and My Dave just sounded wrong. he's the only one that counts, aside from my brother boggess (who has always been "boggess") and my comic book supplier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.